Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point about all the evidence markers at vs house. Something significant must have been found there or taken place there for all those markers, eg he took her there.

This may be an "out there" idea, but what if this wasn't a deliberate act, and some accident has occurred. Something that came to mind was possibly hitting her with his car around the school car park, and freaking out over what he'd done and putting her in his ute to cover it up.

Just a thought.

Just throwing out another possibility, MOO.

My thought is that she sent the email herself and left the school pretty soon after that. I don't know how or where she was attacked but at this stage I believe it was at his house. I don't know how he lured her there. I also think he raped her. Today my thoughts are that he kept her at his house for a short time to figure out what to do, took a quick trip to dispose of the iPad, then came back to his house and took her to the national park. To do this he parked his ute in his garage and loaded her body in there, which is why there are so many yellow markers between his back door and the garage.

That would fit in with the 11am-7.20pm timeline, right?

12pm- ?not sure what time: attack, murder
3-4pm: dispose of iPad
4-5.30pm (being generous, it was only 70km): drive to national park
5.30-7.20: do whatever evil he did there.
after that: go home and clean up, dump her car, wash all of his clothes.

I might change my mind again by tomorrow.

Im with you on this. IMO I believe she was at VS's house.

Im pretty sure the twin exists as it has been mentioned in the media.

As for intellectual disability, he must might have had Aspergers or similar. Though the neighbours did say he was polite and friendly, so it couldn't have been anything all that apparent in standard social interaction.

This may be an "out there" idea, but what if this wasn't a deliberate act, and some accident has occurred. Something that came to mind was possibly hitting her with his car around the school car park, and freaking out over what he'd done and putting her in his ute to cover it up.

Just a thought.

That's possible, but I don't know how the photos on his phone tie into it. When I heard about the photos my heart sank because I instantly thought something evil.

Have I missed where the police are alleging that he raped her? I didn't think that'd been mentioned?

My speculation Freya. Just read my earlier post. I did not allege the Police said anything. Cheers.

Just a thought.

There would be some form of damage to his car which we don't know about but police would.

I have been wondering about Aspergers also. Socially he might seem quiet which could be taken as being polite. If he was diagnosed he would have had help with social skills through therapy. We are going through all of this at the moment with our son :/

Respectfully snipped by me for brevity.

I think that the burning would aim to destroy potential evidence of the perpetrator such as his DNA, fibres, hair etc.

Yes, but also the state of the body i.e. blood, bruising, rape, facial or other soft tissue injuries, cuts, etc ... Again speculation only.

the big time eater for VS would be (a) the drive to Cocopaara Park (b) gathering the materiel to light a fire, out of damp wood , even though he had a can of gasoline, it still has to take hold, and a fire to burn a body, well... that's a damn big fire.. that's logs, and dry logs at that, and a hell of a lot of tinder and kindling to get started with, probably have to dig a pit to get a wind break...a short but heavy shower of rain in the area on Saturday would still have effects in the Park on Sunday, then the (c) drive back from the Park.. the drive up and back would be a careful one for sure , and VS was on an unknown time schedule. He had no way of knowing when an alarm would be raised.. he might have minutes, he might have days, he doesn't know. No wonder he is hurling stuff in canals in broad daylight.

I know someone who has identical twin girls. As babies they truly did act and look identical. Now they are 17 or 18. One has just done really well in the hsc and takes part in all the social things of interest at that age. The other has severe autism and has not been able to attend normal schooling and will always remain dependent. Their lives are diverging in increasingly
different directions..different directio. Just goes to show what can happen to twins....ns

Hmmm looking at the timeline for the crime- we only have two really concrete times about VS movements. The time he was arrested and the time that Stephanie was at school. The others are very open in terms of interpretation. There are also so many things to fit in. I just wrote a list of things that are jumbled for me.

How did Stephanie come into VS's net?
Did VS walk to school (this would have required him to know Stephanie was going to be at school or at the very least have seen her at school as he was walking past) Did he then get Stephanie to drive him home from school- perhaps then it was easy for him to commit the crime. VS car is at home, for easy disposal of the body
When did Stephanie leave school?
Did Stephanie finish all the work she intended to do?
Was there a murder weapon? Did he threaten her with force or a weapon? (It hasn't been mentioned.)
How long was Stephanie at home with him alive if this is where he murdered her? or Was this a chance meeting where she rebuffed him and he got violent and took her life and he drove her car somewhere from the school- maybe to his place?
Why burn the body? How much time did he think he had - he must have been pretty confident to have had time on his side at this point. (MOO)
Her car wasn't destroyed - why destroy her PC/iPad? why not just leave it in the car?
When did the car get moved to the wheat field, did he do this before he was arrested on Wednesday or did he do this on Tuesday night?
What else was found in the wheat field (adding to the time it takes to dispose of all this stuff and the chance of being seen)
Were VS parents away for the Easter weekend? (I didn't check if the house actually had a garage.) If so then the Mazda could have been kept there without too much worry.
Why had VS decided to stay for home the weekend - what kept him home? What was the timeframe and contacts of the mum and brother via phone if any during the weekend? Did he know when they would be home?
Why did he have so much laundry? (I know, sorry a bit gruesome but what was he washing? sheets and cushions and pillows or his clothes?) Even the neighbours commented so it must have been to get rid of trace evidence.
Does the gasoline tin match the traces of gasoline found on the body? (I would imagine this is identifiable - gas, diesel all ages and would have chemical markers)
Why not clean his car? Had he washed everything that he used to move the body and didn't expect the police to find blood?

I will probably think of more questions but these are a few I think would key us in to the crime.

but in all this tremendous hurry he takes time to take a pic of his handiwork!.. Howzat!

If you recognise any of these names, you will probably be among the people here saying "this is horrifying, why is this happening?". It doesn't matter how often it happens, it matters that it happens. Random women are not attacking men in this same way. Attitudes need to change.

You can't have discussion about violence against women (the reason for this thread) outside of the context of GBV. Yes domestic violence is the largest part of that - but while it was not the case here, it is part of the perspective.

Jill Meagher
Whitney Heichel
Masa Vukotic
Prabha Kumar
Sarah Cafferkey
Stephanie Scott
Honestly, I think that random "stranger" murders have been happening as far back as humans have existed. Certainly they've been happening throughout recent memory. It's not a new phenomenon and I don't think it's going to stop, ever.

The chances of being murdered in this kind of attack are absolutely miniscule. Women should of course be cautious and aware, but I don't think anyone needs to live in fear of becoming victim to a random psycho.

I think the parole boards need to be more vigilant when releasing prior offenders, that's for sure.

I'm not really directing this post at you, Fruity, I just quoted you to link my post to the discussion :)

I wonder if maybe he went back to look at the body later and took the photo :/ murderers are known to go back to the area after the fact :(

and of course, to take the pic of his work in the Park, he has to ping off a tower to take the pic!.. how many people used that tower at that time that day in that area ? not too many, really..

So the coppers ask the Mum and Bro , ' where else have you, and V been since you got to Leeton?"..' well.. we went camping, up in the Cocoparra Park, one weekend' ( bingo )

Both Trooper and Alioop refer to the wet conditions in Leeton on Easter Saturday and the need for dry fuel to burn a corpse. Damp fuel tends to smoke more than dry fuel, so wondering if anyone noticed smoke in Cocoparra National Park and what day/time they saw it? Park Rangers?

I wonder if maybe he went back to look at the body later and took the photo :/ murderers are known to go back to the area after the fact :(
long drive , Froglady!.. I reckon that's WHY he took the pic.. he knew he wouldn't be able to set aside a couple of hours drive in the foreseeable future.. and you know.. it would only be ashes ( he hopes ) by his next visit.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne