Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder, how ever a statement will come about if VS isn't able to speak/doesn't want to speak?
I also wonder, how will he be able to defend himself if he did not committ the crime/did not committ solely?

VS may be ordered by the court to have a mental health assessment if there are any indications he may have diminished mental capacity.

VS may be ordered by the court to have a mental health assessment if there are any indications he may have diminished mental capacity.

Someone diagnosed with ASD may not necessarily have diminished mental capacity, and in fact, quite the opposite could be true. I just wonder whether his capacity is diminished significantly considering the neighbours, who clearly have spent a reasonable amount of time talking and sharing a coffee, didn't seem to recognize any issues. MOO

Someone diagnosed with ASD may not necessarily have diminished mental capacity, and in fact, quite the opposite could be true. I just wonder whether his capacity is diminished significantly considering the neighbours, who clearly have spent a reasonable amount of time talking and sharing a coffee, didn't seem to recognize any issues. MOO

Right? This is super weird to me. The neighbour's reports of VS do not jibe with all the anecdotes that have come recently, and the neighbours were pretty specific about what he'd said and that he'd always been polite to them.
Also, if he was truly unable to communicate and just some super scary angry dude who couldn't even use utensils (!) I don't see how he would ever have gotten any employment of any kind.

Right? This is super weird to me. The neighbour's reports of VS do not jibe with all the anecdotes that have come recently, and the neighbours were pretty specific about what he'd said and that he'd always been polite to them.
Also, if he was truly unable to communicate and just some super scary angry dude who couldn't even use utensils (!) I don't see how he would ever have gotten any employment of any kind.

Exactly! I'm not convinced that the latest anecdotes are a true reflection of this man. Perhaps he is somewhat socially inept ... Or perhaps he was. I don't see any evidence presented by those who have been in contact with him in recent times that suggests that he presented as of low intelligence: (Well .... Aside from his actions with poor Stephanie of course!) The spectrum is very broad and wide ranging (I work with ASD children and see this first hand) and I think it would be a huge mistake to assume any definitive traits are present in any one person with a diagnosis.

I wonder, how ever a statement will come about if VS isn't able to speak/doesn't want to speak?
I also wonder, how will he be able to defend himself if he did not committ the crime/did not committ solely?

I think police might have to prompt him when writing his statement or his lawyer will have to help him.

I do not doubt he committed this murder and did it all alone.

What everyone is forgetting is the reports from the Netherlands are from when he was much younger in his teenage years. ASDs are often late maturers so now he is 24yo he is probably more able to act according to society's norms at least as far as his neighbours are concerned. He probably needed training and good parenting and his mum was too busy or depressed to do much with him when younger. So she just accepted him as he was.

http://www.news.com.au/national/ste...-reclusive-loner/story-fncynjr2-1227308620533

Has this article already been linked to?
Bits and pieces of the information in it I have read, not sure if here or elsewhere. But what I see confirmed here for the first time is that V was born in Franklin, Tasmania as per his ID card.
Also, that he was close to his dad and that the marriage breakup rattled him.
So, Luke would rarely leave the house? Maybe he has problems too.
And Vincent was annoyed that Luke would come to Australia too! That's reminiscent of how a child reacts... On the one hand, you'd think there was no need for a 26 yr old (Luke) to be following his mum around, but then you'd also think there'd be no need for a 24 year old (V) to beg and then depend on his mum to relocate him.
Looks like they evidently both were dependent on mum.

What everyone is forgetting is the reports from the Netherlands are from when he was much younger in his teenage years. ASDs are often late maturers so now he is 24yo he is probably more able to act according to society's norms at least as far as his neighbours are concerned. He probably needed training and good parenting and his mum was too busy or depressed to do much with him when younger. So she just accepted him as he was.

Exactly what I was trying (somewhat unsuccessfully!) to say. I really don't think his behaviours at a young age are necessarily valid considerations now.

If what we've been dripfed about his past is true, he seems less likely to have done what he's accused of, rather than more likely IMO. It seems unlikely he was sexually motivated, and he's not really fitting the profile of a psychopath. I don't know - there's so much we don't know yet, but some thoughts vaguely crossing my mind -

1. It was an accident, he's somehow accidentally killed her or knocked her out with his unusual "brute strength" and then panicked and tried to cover it up.

or

2. He's been set up.. by a family member. The photos are too weird. The camera too strategically placed.

Just thinking out loud..

I'm on medication to help with my mental health.

Just saying...m

I'm on medication to help with my mental health.

Just saying...m
As am i. I dont think mental health is being questioned so much as mental 'capacity' or 'development'.

I do remember reading in an article from the Holland friends who employed him that they helped him out with the skills needed. So maybe alot of skills were implemented by them into his life. Ill try and find the article.

As am i. I dont think mental health is being questioned so much as mental 'capacity' or 'development'.

I do remember reading in an article from the Holland friends who employed him that they helped him out with the skills needed. So maybe alot of skills were implemented by them into his life. Ill try and find the article.
Found it. I think they helped him a lot.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ength-rejected-army-psychological-issues.html

"The couple claim they were told by his mother he suffered from autism.

They resolved to help him and read up on the disorder on Google.

The Antonisses claim Stanford initially struggled with normal social behaviour.

'He was monosyllabic. On a 15-mile car journey he would not speak,' Mr Antonisse remembered.

'If a client had a problem and spoke to him he just wouldn't answer he would just look at the ground.'

Mr Antonisse also claimed Stanford struggled with personal hygiene, leading clients to complain about the smell.

'He sweated so much and it smelled of s***. He didn't shave or wash or wear deodorant. I had to teach him to do all that and buy him deodorant. His armpits were like Bob Marley,' Mr Antonisse told Daily Mail Australia.

But gradually their interest made him more socially competent. He obtained a driving licence and became 'a really hard worker'."

Tasmanian devil comes to mind. Poor, poor Stephanie and her loved ones... her poor fiancee :tears:

In light of what we've heard about him, it has made me start to wonder whether he really did rape her. Not that anyone has said he has, but I don't know if that was his 'thing' as much as some other emotional or mental health based reaction. As for the camera or phone left in his car, I reckon he left it in his car as he would have seen the police were at the house when he pulled up. Maybe he thought it was a safer bet to have the phone in his car than to have it on his person at that particular time.

Maybe the school was his 'safe place'. Somewhere he felt comfortable, maybe even a bit important.
This would explain why he was known to be there at times that he was not rostered to work. It could also explain why he didn't get rid of the school keys. If he has a connection to the school, the keys would have held some kind of significance to him.

If what we've been dripfed about his past is true, he seems less likely to have done what he's accused of, rather than more likely IMO. It seems unlikely he was sexually motivated, and he's not really fitting the profile of a psychopath.

But we don't know yet whether Stephanie was raped.. and we might never know, depending on how badly he burned her body. Which may well have been the point of burning her. And I'd call anyone who'd kill a woman, burn her and take a picture to keep a "psychopath". Which is what the police believe he did.

I'm not getting too invested in the autism diagnosis until I hear from the cops or the court that he does, indeed, have it. Just because a parent claims it's so, doesn't mean it is (look at Tostee....) and seeing as he didn't know how to wash himself, there could be many other factors in play. Has there been any report of him being diagnosed, by a school or hospital, anyone other than mum?

There's plenty of killers I could cite who had poor social skills and lived outwardly unremarkable lives - until they started killing. Some actually have autism. Some do not. But they're all quite similar in actions and prior history. Peter Dupas was a "quiet" kid, until he stabbed his neighbour with no warning at all..but then we learn he was disliked by other children, it was just around adults he put on a veneer of harmlessness. Jack Daniel Kelsall "wouldn't hurt a fly" - but then we learn of his creeping on other men prior to murdering someone, and also his history of fantasising about stabbing strangers..

Autism or no, they all damn well knew what they were doing/thinking/fantasising about was *wrong*. They all knew enough to lie out their backsides to police.

I can't bring to myself to see how their autism (if they have it) causes them to act in psychotic ways, kill and and then lie about it. But it's always made a big deal of in court and the media, as if it does indeed matter. (so9rry and I meant to add..) And just because there's no prior outward sign of psychopathy (that we know about), doesn't mean it's not there.

If what we've been dripfed about his past is true, he seems less likely to have done what he's accused of, rather than more likely IMO. It seems unlikely he was sexually motivated, and he's not really fitting the profile of a psychopath. I don't know - there's so much we don't know yet, but some thoughts vaguely crossing my mind -

1. It was an accident, he's somehow accidentally killed her or knocked her out with his unusual "brute strength" and then panicked and tried to cover it up.

or

2. He's been set up.. by a family member. The photos are too weird. The camera too strategically placed.

Just thinking out loud..

I do not believe that it was any accident nor was it a set up.

I believe that VS has had a life of REJECTION which has made him angry at others. IMO he was like a bomb waiting to go off.

If he approached SS for sex or a favour in any way, and she REJECTED him, that could have set him off.

I could imagine, VS did the murder (motive: ??), then in his distress called his identical (!!) twin to help something (ie a car) to move from A to B to C to D. The twin M didn't mean to have to believe his brother V; V sent a photo of the victim per phone. Maybe then twin M believed him, booked a flight and came right away.

Who knows, whether the both identical twins V + M earlier in their lives have changed their roles like identical twins sometimes do? The NOT-Asp-twin M had to speak only "yes", "no", "okay" and one perhaps thought of him being the other twin V (IF Asp at all)?

My English is bad; I hope, you are able to understand my course of thoughts? :)

I'm back at work tomorrow, will see what I can dig up via a passenger manifests into Narrendera, over the Easter period.

or

Just thinking out loud..

bbm : Yes, I have same thoughts meanwhile after reading the statements of his former employers. Something doesn't add up with character and deed ... But we simple don't know enough of the background, family life, character of relatives and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper