Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote Originally Posted by FromGermany
Neighbour Patrick Kavanagh said he heard helicopters flying low over Stanford’s house after his arrest.

I wonder why?

Yes, i wondered the same thing!

Another neighbour Patrick Kavanagh told The Advertiser that he heard helicopters flying very low over Stanford’s house about three hours after his arrest.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...ie-scott-inquiry/story-fns0kb1g-1227391009034

Very precise now. - Did they look for MS' house mates and their behavior after arrest of their fellow?

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...ie-scott-inquiry/story-fns0kb1g-1227391009034

When asked by Magistrate Jack Fahey if there was any reason why he should not be returned to Leeton, he replied: “Never been there, so I wouldn’t need to return”. Answer a little bit too perfect, IMO.

It is believed Marcus Stanford and his two house mates, backpackers working on farms, were taken to a South Australian police station to be questioned after his twin’s arrest on April 8.

I think, police suspect (like me) Marcus to have been there in Leeton in person. MS is charged with dumping something in Adelaide Hills, but perhaps there is more to his job as an accessory. Why should police have questioned the 3 men immediately/soon after Marcus' arrest in a town which is 820km far from Leeton?? Police soon seemed to know about VS' and MS' identical appearance and perhaps also about VS' autistic incapability re planning/executing a rape and a murder and dumping a body, a car, a laptop and so on, serving about five crime scenes.

I'm curiously waiting ...

One morning I will wake up, thinking of nothing bad and suddenly there are your updates with Australian news, I feel.

I wonder whether MS and VS were both shaved at the time of the murder or both had a beard or were different in appearing. :thinking:

<respectfully snipped>

I wonder whether MS and VS were both shaved at the time of the murder or both had a beard or were different in appearing. :thinking:

All three brothers may have had beards. VS would have been shaved in jail IMO. The neighbour said MS's photo was identical with his personal knowledge of VS, so we can speculate VS had a beard also.

Regarding that photo of Anika and LS walking in Leeton after VS's arrest, both appear preoccupied and most likely suffering 'shock' at the devastating realisation of what VS had done to SS. In those initial days they only had each other for support and were assisting Police in traumatic circumstances.

The Scott family and fiance are victims of this horrific crime. In the midst of such an unexpected, devastating, tragic event, they have supported each other and with the support of the local community, have laid their beautiful Stephanie to rest. The devastation of this crime and the loss of Stephanie is felt by friends, school colleagues, students and local Leeton community.

Tragically, Anika and LS are also secondary victims of VS's crime. Their angst may be magnified since the arrest of MS allegedly being 'accessory after the fact and their realisation that their own family members, the 'twins' are in jail for this horrific crime. Fortunately, they have some support from the Mayor of Leeton and some community groups.

My opinion only.

FYI

Marcus Standford is to appear before Court in 2 days time: this Wednesday June 17th 2015. Maybe we'll learn more following this appearance. :facepalm:

http://www.irrigator.com.au/story/3...rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Twin to front court again
June 15, 2015, 9:15 a.m.
24-year-old Marcus Stanford did not apply for bail in Central Local Court in Sydney last Thursday after being extradited from his home state of South Australia by NSW Police and Griffith detectives.
Marcus was charged with being an accessory after the fact to murder. He will appear in Wagga Wagga Local Court via video link on Wednesday.

[Note: The Irrigator is the local newspaper in Leeton, NSW.]

Would the same DNA pose a problem in the trial? The question is who committed the offence even though Marcus said he'd never been to Leeton, can the police prove it wasn't Marcus!!

These kinds of twins are called identical twins-- and yes, they do have identical DNA, because they came from the same fertilized egg! You can remember it this way: fraternal twins each have their own DNA, while identical twins share theirs.

http://scienceline.ucsb.edu/getkey.php?key=244

Do Identical Twins Have Identical Fingerprints?
But when it comes to swindling more sophisticated identification tools, such as fingerprint testing, the carbon copies aren't so savvy.
http://www.livescience.com/32247-do-identical-twins-have-identical-fingerprints.html

The prints of identical twins are more alike than the prints of two completely unrelated people &#8211; but they&#8217;re not identical.

Every time I see that photo of the scorched earth I am in complete bafflement at how the life of such a good, beautiful person was taken in such a brutal and evil way. It defies the laws of logic. There was nothing to indicate it was coming. Just totally random and evil.

about 50 minutes.. 45 klms thru city traffic for a while.... Forreston to Unley.. not an impossible reach to consider.. and the competition theory.... I am on that bandwagon too... competition between siblings is not unknown and between twins, it is almost mandatory.... especially, as it seems, one was allowed to live with Mum and one wasn't........ I don't know if Marcus wanted to live at home with Mum like the other two brothers, but in his own words, he wasn't allowed to... this must have set up a tremendously powerful competitive dynamic...........

Every time I see that photo of the scorched earth I am in complete bafflement at how the life of such a good, beautiful person was taken in such a brutal and evil way. It defies the laws of logic. There was nothing to indicate it was coming. Just totally random and evil.

Would the same DNA pose a problem in the trial? The question is who committed the offence even though Marcus said he'd never been to Leeton, can the police prove it wasn't Marcus!!

These kinds of twins are called identical twins-- and yes, they do have identical DNA, because they came from the same fertilized egg! You can remember it this way: fraternal twins each have their own DNA, while identical twins share theirs.

http://scienceline.ucsb.edu/getkey.php?key=244

Do Identical Twins Have Identical Fingerprints?
But when it comes to swindling more sophisticated identification tools, such as fingerprint testing, the carbon copies aren't so savvy.
http://www.livescience.com/32247-do-identical-twins-have-identical-fingerprints.html

The prints of identical twins are more alike than the prints of two completely unrelated people – but they’re not identical.

All three brothers may have had beards. VS would have been shaved in jail IMO. The neighbour said MS's photo was identical with his personal knowledge of VS, so we can speculate VS had a beard also.

Regarding that photo of Anika and LS walking in Leeton after VS's arrest, both appear preoccupied and most likely suffering 'shock' at the devastating realisation of what VS had done to SS. In those initial days they only had each other for support and were assisting Police in traumatic circumstances.

The Scott family and fiance are victims of this horrific crime. In the midst of such an unexpected, devastating, tragic event, they have supported each other and with the support of the local community, have laid their beautiful Stephanie to rest. The devastation of this crime and the loss of Stephanie is felt by friends, school colleagues, students and local Leeton community.

Tragically, Anika and LS are also secondary victims of VS's crime. Their angst may be magnified since the arrest of MS allegedly being 'accessory after the fact and their realisation that their own family members, the 'twins' are in jail for this horrific crime. Fortunately, they have some support from the Mayor of Leeton and some community groups.

My opinion only.

I agree Fuskier. I feel sorry for Anika and Luke. Especially Anika because media has reported on how she specifically feels. Double grief in a way, on the one hand Stephanie on the other Vincent. And then the double whammy with Marcus. Can't help thinkinh though how badly that 'reflects' on the family. Anika and Luke may be lovely people, but the other 50% of the family - two out of three sons - are rotten. If it's just one, you can more easily 'explain' it away as a random thing that one child turns out like that. But two?? Harder to blame bad social influences, bad luck etc pertaining to an individual life... Must be a big burden for Anika and Luke :(

From msm reporting, Anika was the essential breadwinner and had to be absent due to employment. There were three sons who needed a father, but their father SStanford was absent and lived in another country. Most likely LS was delegated some responsibility for managing the 'twins', one of whom was allegedly 'special needs'. The twins may have ganged up on MS at times. Who parented/supported LS?

Hypothetically, maybe Anika and LS have done the best they could. They have maintained employment and are law abiding citizens.

We don't know much about their home life except what has been reported in msm, but if Anika and LS were both doing shift work, they needed to rest when at home. We know that young males can be challenging and benefit from good male guidance/leadership, especially regarding psycho/sexual development - but this was more complicated again. These are male 'twins', one allegedly 'special needs':double the trouble! A very demanding situation for Anika and LS which they had managed on their own. They seemed socially isolated - circumstances which would have been demanding for most of us.

Online gaming became the 'twins' way of 'joining' and occupying themselves.The separation of MS from the family may have created difficulties for VS being his 'twin'. Identical twins have a special bond.

It's possible everyone had forgotten VS allegedly 'assaulted' a teacher in his past and that working in a school may have triggered those difficulties for him. Much to learn about employment screening from this.

We don't know enough about the relationship of influence between the 'twins'.

Whatever combination of factors, both past and present, we could speculate that the socialization of these twins has failed. They have allegedly colluded in depraved, perverted criminal acts for which they will be held to account. The factors will never be the same again as they have crossed an irretrievable threshold. They fly under the radar no more!

The radar is beeping loudly and justice is called for Stephanie Scott.
Just some further speculation. My opinion only.

Of all the physical characteristics I could share with the world's sexiest woman, why'd it have to be freakish thumbs?

http://www.spiegel.de/international...ctacular-jewelry-heist-set-free-a-614245.html

A Perfect Crime? Twins Suspected in Spectacular Jewelry Heist Set Free

Saved by their indistinguishable DNA, identical twins suspected in a massive jewelry heist have been set free. Neither could be exclusively linked to the DNA evidence.

German police say at least one of the identical twin brothers Hassan and Abbas O. may have perpetrated a recent multimillion euro jewelry heist in Berlin. But because of their indistinguishable DNA, neither can be individually linked to the crime. Both were set free on Wednesday.

German law stipulates that each criminal must be individually proven guilty. The problem in the case of the O. brothers is that their twin DNA is so similar that neither can be exclusively linked to the evidence using current methods of DNA analysis. So even though both have criminal records and may have committed the heist together, Hassan and Abbas O. have been set free.

Both brothers have stolidly refused to comment ever since their arrests on February 11. Since no further evidence has become available, police cannot detain them.

https://onlineregistry.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/content/court-lists#/

Online Registry
NSW Supreme, District & Local Courts

Wednesday 17th June, 2015:

Displaying 1 - 1 of 1 results (last refreshed at 5:29pm 16 Jun 2015)
Date 17 Jun Time 9:30 am Case no. 2015/00167544 Case name R v Marcus Stanford Jurisdiction Criminal Court Local Court Listing type Mention (Police) Presiding officers Unassigned Location Wagga Wagga

-

First tweet:
Corey Hammond, senior reporter @WINnews_Riv

ADJOURNED TO GRIFFITH ON 29 JULY 2015. NO BAIL.

Corey Hammond &#8207;@Corey_Hammo 3m3 minutes ago
Marcus Stanford didn't apply for bail in Wagga Local Court today in relation to Stephanie Scott murder. Matter adj. to Griffith July 29.

Melinda Hayter &#8207;@MelindaHayter 21m21 minutes ago
Marcus Stanford remanded in custody to reappear via video link in #Griffith Local Court on July 29. #StephanieScott

http://www.canowindranews.com.au/story/3152683/marcus-stanford-fronts-wagga-local-court/?cs=12

CANOWINDRA NEWS

Marcus Stanford fronts Wagga Local Court
June 17, 2015, 12:10 p.m

Marcus Stanford accused of helping his twin brother after he allegedly raped and murdered Stephanie Scott made a brief appearance via video link from a Sydney jail in Wagga Local Court this morning.

Crown solicitor Virginia Morgan told the court the full brief would not be ready July 29, but she would attempt to serve as much as possible. The case has been adjourned to Griffith Local Court on July 29.

Some legal interpretation of what is meant by 1) preparing 'the full brief' and 2) 'serving some of it' by July 29 would be helpful for us non-legal people. What are the implications if 'the full brief' is not served by July 29th?

Some legal interpretation of what is meant by 1) preparing 'the full brief' and 2) 'serving some of it' by July 29 would be helpful for us non-legal people. What are the implications if 'the full brief' is not served by July 29th?

Will get onto this later tonight when house is peaceful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member