GUILTY Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi Pixiegrrl,

Welcome. Thanks for your post. I had speculated on the whether or not MS or another had been involved in dumping the car in that location - due to his work as a fruit picker, etc. Whoever dumped the car had knowledge of the gates and how to enter/exit the property IMO.

Welcome pixiegrrl. You've posed some very good questions and hopefully EurekaLemon will be able to answer them.

State Emergency Service volunteers are searching a nearby vineyard at Stanbridge. Police were seen placing forensic markers through the vineyard on Thursday, and officers guarded the scene overnight. Police on trail bikes are expected to join the search on Friday afternoon.
Superintendent Rowan said police had already received a "plethora" of information from the public and detectives were investigating those tips on a prioritised basis.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/police-di...rns-to-vineyard-20150409-1mhzs1#ixzz3nM4El9D1

-.-.-.-.-.-

Earlier on Friday members of the Leeton Volunteer Rescue Association discovered a gasoline can they believe may be linked to Ms Scott's death.
It was found not far from an irrigation channel where police divers discovered a red lap-top believed to belong to the 26-year-old school teacher.
The discovery of the gasoline can and computer near Griffith Road was only a few kilometres from where Ms Scott's red Mazda was dumped on a rural property.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/body-of-l...und-police-20150410-1mitdn.html#ixzz3nM7f7jfK
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

I will look for a (separate) connection later ...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...orth-of-griffith/story-fni0cx12-1227299375456

Witnesses have given chilling *accounts of seeing a man dump a laptop in a canal after pulling up in a white ute similar to the police *description of one seized at the home of Stephanie Scott’s alleged killer.

Two truck drivers then watched the man, with a baseball cap and sunglasses on, run back to the ute and speed off towards Leeton, a few minutes drive away.

The waterway is just a few kilometres from where the 26-year-old teacher’s red Mazda 3 was dumped in a wheat field.

Paul Halls and Brendan Lyons had been working in a shed on Griffith Rd, Leeton, on Easter Sunday when they saw the man stop by the road dotted with farm houses and dispose of the computer just before 4pm.

After hearing about Ms Scott’s *alleged murder on Wednesday morning, the men contacted police and gave a description of the unidentified man and the white Toyota Hilux ute.

A team of police divers from Sydney returned to the murky, 2m deep channel yesterday where they recovered a small laptop with a red cover.

-.-.-.-.-

Yesterday, Mr Lyons said he had seen a man walking along Griffith Rd towards Leeton on Monday morning. He said the man, wearing a backpack and T-shirt, closely resembled an image of Mr Stanford's identical twin brother, who lives in Adelaide.

http://www.pressreader.com/australia/the-daily-telegraph-sydney/20150411/281612418922340/TextView

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...orth-of-griffith/story-fni0cx12-1227299375456

Witnesses have given chilling *accounts of seeing a man dump a laptop in a canal after pulling up in a white ute similar to the police *description of one seized at the home of Stephanie Scott’s alleged killer.

Two truck drivers then watched the man, with a baseball cap and sunglasses on, run back to the ute and speed off towards Leeton, a few minutes drive away.

The waterway is just a few kilometres from where the 26-year-old teacher’s red Mazda 3 was dumped in a wheat field.

Paul Halls and Brendan Lyons had been working in a shed on Griffith Rd, Leeton, on Easter Sunday when they saw the man stop by the road dotted with farm houses and dispose of the computer just before 4pm.

After hearing about Ms Scott’s *alleged murder on Wednesday morning, the men contacted police and gave a description of the unidentified man and the white Toyota Hilux ute.

A team of police divers from Sydney returned to the murky, 2m deep channel yesterday where they recovered a small laptop with a red cover.

-.-.-.-.-

Yesterday, Mr Lyons said he had seen a man walking along Griffith Rd towards Leeton on Monday morning. He said the man, wearing a backpack and T-shirt, closely resembled an image of Mr Stanford's identical twin brother, who lives in Adelaide.

http://www.pressreader.com/australia/the-daily-telegraph-sydney/20150411/281612418922340/TextView

BBM. Thanks FG. So, the victim's computer was disposed of by 4.00pm Easter Sunday. :(
A male identified as 'like VS' was witnessed walking back toward Leeton on Monday morning.

Thanks for the links FromGermany. And thanks all for the welcome :)

Those links actually got me sleuthing again as i thought i remembered the report was that the gasoline can was found at the national park not far from Stephanie's body...

>

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...st-road-family-prepares-mark-wedding-day.html

Not sure which media report got it wrong, but imo it seems more feasible to leave the gasoline can at the site instead of continuing to carry around more evidence that needs to be dumped. Unless there were 2 gasoline cans? But i don't recall any reports regarding 2.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed or not, but the person who witnessed the man in the hilux dumping the laptop is the same person who I.D'd the man walking back into town as closely resembling MS. (2 different days) Is this a coincidence being that the man's shed happens to be in a prime location for 'people watching' in that area? Or would it be more likely that he was the only one that spoke to the media? I wonder how far his shed was from where he witnessed the man on foot, I'm assuming he must have witnessed him from his shed and not passing him in a vehicle to have been able to ID him from a picture.

What i find especially curious is that this person was able to identify the man walking into town as closely resembling MS/VS, but there was no mention of the man dumping the laptop as resembling him, actually no description at all except for a hat and sunglasses. I wonder why there was no comment like "the bloke i saw on sunday looked similar to the bloke i saw on monday morning".

The dumping of the laptop was fairly detailed in regards to exactly what he saw - white toyota hilux, the way he approached the water, what it appeared he was holding before throwing it in the water, etc. His eyes were obviously peeled due to the obscurities of his actions. BUT, the only positive ID came from witnessing the man on foot the next day (plus keeping in mind that the witness wasn't on alert for suspicious activity until he was listening to the radio on Wednesday). Is it possible that the person dumping the laptop was not the same person he witnessed Monday morning then? The wording seems just... wrong?

Good sleuthing Pixiegrrl. Of course it is possible. There was no positive ID that the man seen dumping the laptop on Sunday was 'like' MS/VS. The observer reported the incident on Wednesday only after hearing about SS missing. Details may have become a little 'blurry' by then as it was considered interesting, but not important at the time. My opinion only.

BBM. Thanks FG. So, the victim's computer was disposed of by 4.00pm Easter Sunday. :(
A male identified as 'like VS' was witnessed walking back toward Leeton on Monday morning.

IMO

"Unidentified man" on Sunday - at that time it isn't clear, who of the twins had dumped the laptop, therefore "unidentified". Maybe it was Vincent, something speaks for it - but not all his behavior. If I remember well, the news are now updated and therefore I didn't read something about an "unidentified" man until today.

On Monday a person who "closely resembled an image of Mr. Stanford's identical twin brother" may have been Marcus, IMO. I think, the twin brothers are mostly only to distinguish in their gait. I have no link just now, but Vincent has a distinct way of walking (because he is an Authist?)*. Looked at the body posture, Marcus seemed quite normal and I think, his gait maybe also quite normal.

The charges for Marcus have been updated to be an "accessory to the murder" (link follows) and one may assume, it is clear now: Marcus had been in Leeton to help his authistic brother. Whether he came with car or on a truck (from some fruit/flower farm) or per airplane - we will see. LE asked for sightings of the white ute between Sunday and Wednesday: If the ute was seen and on a different place Vincent (Markus) had been seen at the same time, then it would have been clear: there are two of them.

The twin brother of the man accused of killing school teacher Stephanie Scott will be charged with being an accessory to murder after he allegedly received a number of items in the post connected to the death of the bride to be.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/stephanie...eived-mail-20150610-ghkyn8.html#ixzz3nXB1zaF1

I found the link:

*Another neighbour said: 'Vincent always walked with a stoop and avoided eye contact.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ne-poker-week-teacher-dead.html#ixzz3nXKLoGNM

In a photograph obtained exclusively by Daily Mail Australia, Stanford is seen seated on the floor with his knees drawn up against his chest and his crossed arms resting on top.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ne-poker-week-teacher-dead.html#ixzz3nXEzHSPH

The man who dumped Stephanie's laptop and was seen by two men, sat on the shore in that body posture. Therefore I would think: maybe Vincent.
The person (after dumping the laptop) ran to the ute and took an u-turn to Leeton, all very quick. I don't know, whether Vincent was able to do that in this manner. Vincent or not Vincent?

Hi Websleuthers. Long time lurker, first time poster :)
EurekaLemon, would you mind if i could ask some questions? I have been following this case since the start and something that has always bothered me in 'not adding up' is the car, and a couple of details you gave, further sent up red flags per se.

1. By the sounds of it, there are only 2 (possibly 3 but all locked up bar 1) ways to get into the 'paddock' via car, where Stephanie's car was found? One being through the main entrance closer to the residence which was padlocked off, and the other being through the adjoining property? And those 2 adjoining properties left the gates unlocked for each other? And this adjoining property could only be accessed by a rarely used off-road? Would it be your opinion then, that to have dumped the car where it was - He would have had to access the remote road, then access the adjoining property and then utilise the unlocked gates to eventually dump the car where it was found?

Yes, the adjoining properties remain unlocked at all times. I can't remember when they haven't been like this.
The entry from Murrami road is used a lot. Freedom Foods is located on this road so there are many deliveries to and from. The gate of the property and Freedom foods are not very far from each other. I too thinks it's strange that VS drove through 2 large properties and dumped the car. My opinion - he was trying to find a "back way" into town but came to the irrigation channels and fences. There's no way you could drive across the channels.

Stephanies car could not be seen from main road. It could not be seen from the main residence either. If the home was a two storey home, perhaps yes.

2. If that is the case, how common knowledge was it that this particular property could be accessed like this? You mentioned something about fruit pickers or the like, possibly in this area. Was this area recently known to transients?

Common knowledge that the gates remain locked/unlocked. No, not common. For a random person, it's just luck. Both properties are not the type for transients or the like to walk through. If they are there, they are there for an actual job. No one camps there or drives through.

3. On another thread, another local mentioned that where the car was dumped would have actually been quite visible from the main road, especially if one were searching for it. Is this correct? As said before, no, the car would have not been visible from the Griffith-Leeton Road. A tractor or Grape Harvester can be seen if looking for them. It is because they are both considerably taller than the vines. A sedan, no.

4. On foot, approximately how many minutes would it take to walk back into Leeton township/residential, and what would the odds be of being noticed by people driving by? Is it common at all to see people walking into the township from this road?

On foot it is approximately 8km. Add another 1 from the dump site. It takes just over an hour of good sturdy walking to get to the only set of traffic lights in town. Me, following the speed limit, it takes around 6 - 8 minutes to drive from the lights to the property. It is not common for people to walk along this road. Lots of huge trucks and various cars. A hitch hiker or anyone walking along would be noticed.

5. From her car, if someone were to walk back into the township, would it be viable to traverse a fair portion of that distance off-road (non visible from the road)? Through the bush/private properties etc?

Yes, you could walk back through the properties. I just trying to recall if there are any bigger channels. Some of the smaller ones, you could get across but you would get wet - and be noticed. Also, plenty of dogs would be barking.

Thanks, and sorry if i've got info wrong or seem a bit reductive.

*I understand the word was that someone, a potential eyewitness, stated that he saw someone walking into Leeton from that direction on Monday morning (Thursday until it was discovered? and Wednesday evening when VS was arrested and detained). However i wonder how this would hold up as this person passed him in a car and the description included a hat, sunglasses and a jacket (a backpack too i think). Incredibly vague imo.

*Would that property have been the most suitable place to dump a car if you were walking back on foot? I hate to sound grim, but also where the body was found wasn't well concealed either. Either a sloppy opportunistic crime or someone that wanted things found quickly? And if VS wasn't working on Sunday; did he work monday/tuesday/wednesday at the school? I understand he had already been questioned early and can't help but think the police must have had an eye on him before his actual arrest? (such a small town, how many POI's to observe?)

You are right in thinking it was an odd place to dump the car. We all thought WTF??? Really? There? So many empty sheds, large trees, orchards etc..

Small town. Yes, small but Leeton is approximately 6ish thousand residents in town and another 5 thousand in the surrounding properties.

* How can this case be adjourned for another 6 weeks by request of the crown without a single mention as to why?

Hello again fellow sleuthers,

My apologies for not replying sooner. A mix of sick children, sick me, vacations, warm weather ( it's our busy time).

I will try and answer ( Ive have replied within the quote) what I can. If I'm not sure, I will try and find out.

In another post, a fellow Sleuther asked about VS himself and him being known. The boys and girls I know around VS's age, had never seen or heard about him. If there is a new eligible bachelor or two around, they are sniffed out in 2 minutes! People are friendly here. Newbies are encouraged to come along to nights out, join the various sporting groups or other social activites.

Reports say VS was very strong and Stephanie was small but it would be difficult to lift Stephanie over that fence alone. Sometimes I wonder if MS was there helping.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 147
Reports say VS was very strong and Stephanie was small but it would be difficult to lift Stephanie over that fence alone. Sometimes I wonder if MS was there helping.

I can't tell from the picture but if it's a barbwire fence she wouldn't need to be lifted at all. Normally there's a pretty large gap between the bottom wire and the fence.

I am now wondering if MS visited VS over Easter and they did this crime together while the mother and brother were away!

I am now wondering if MS visited VS over Easter and they did this crime together while the mother and brother were away!

Police have alleged that MS assisted by receiving items in the mail.

In court, MS was asked by the judge if he would ever return to Leeton and he replied that he had never been there so wouldn't need to return.

I've said before that I don't believe MS could travel to Leeton and back without leaving a trail. If the police have uncovered evidence of his travel, they haven't revealed it yet and they haven't laid charges for direct involvement in the murder.

FYI :bump:

Some helpful excerpts from the following legal info:

http://nswcourts.com.au/articles/wha...ge-court-case/
2. Mention
At the mention a person charged with a criminal offence can plead guilty or not guilty or ask for an adjournment to seek legal advice.
If the person charged pleads not guilty at the mention, the case will normally be adjourned for another mention in 6 weeks to enable police to serve all of their statements and other evidence against the charged.
If a person charged pleads ‘not guilty’ to a serious charge, it will ultimately reach a ‘committal hearing’...

http://www.armstronglegal.com.au/cri...district-court
DISTRICT COURT MENTIONS
Generally, a person charged does not receive a hearing date at Mention until the defence and the crown are ready to run a hearing.
At one of the court mentions, before a trial date is set, the accused will be arraigned: the court will read out the indictments (this includes information about the offences) for each offence and the accused will be asked whether they plead guilty or not guilty...
If the accused pleads 'not guilty' the accused will then be committed to trial and a trial date set.

It's going to be a hot day in Griffith today.. 38, not a cloud in the sky and a north wind.. awful. I still have not found any notification if these two twins have been separated while in custody.. considering they had been separated by circumstances and Mum back in the day, and considering the crime it surprised me that the were both held at the same custodial location. .. oh well. .

Today I reckon there should be some indication of which direction these two are setting themselves up for, .. either not guilty and it's on to a huge and complex court case, or..... by now, surely they both will have been appointed barristers, at the very least, and all arrangements with Legal Aid would surely have been finalised..

I will be interested to learn , if a not guilty trial is in the offing , if it will take place in Griffith. Could be moved to Wagga, or even Sydney, although that would be a remote chance and I cant see any reason for that.. not even the convenience of the court, really.

terrible day for the boyfriend and Stephanie's parents.. for the people of Leeton in general.. for the poor kids at the High School..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back