Australia Australia - Tamam Shud Case - Male, Dec 1948

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I read that his eyes were listed as grey. (One report said grey-blue. Some say hazel which I would take as greenish brown) However, it's been said that eyes can turn greyish at death.

So the eye color looks indeterminate and I don't think it can be used as a factor in assessing candidates. William A Mathias had brown eyes.

Bizarre Things That Happen to Your Body After You Die | The Healthy

His eyes were blue. His eyes were grey. His pupils were irregular... les yeux sont le miroir de l'âme

I found this by using AZdecrypt 1.19

H E R M I T I T s
W R G O A B A B D

H O T S N A I L c O A
W T B I M P A N E T P

N d S I T M I S I n g
M L I A B O A I A Q C

S O O N O F I N F O R I T
I T T M T S A M S T G A B

Attachments

• taman shud.jpg
    taman shud.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 24
His eyes were blue. His eyes were grey. His pupils were irregular... les yeux sont le miroir de l'âme
At death, a deceased person’s eyes will look blue or grey, even if their eyes were brown or green.
https://dying.lovetoknow.com/what-is-death-like/when-why-eye-colors-change-before-death

Somerton Man’s hair colour is more definitive and distinctive. It’s mousey grey.

William Mathias had “mixed gray”’hair even in his 20s.

He’s the uncle of RE’s 2nd to 3rd cousin match. 2nd to 3rd would likely include 1st cousin once removed which is the case if that is her grandfather.

Last edited:
Stuart.jpg George.jpg
Screenshot 2021-07-03 185346.jpg Screenshot 2021-07-03 181731.jpg
One of these two is reporting the Tamam Shud mystery. One went on to found Media Watch and be a barrister. The other became a Hollywood celebrity.

Last edited:
Direct cut to driver in Ford Falcon XC, 1978. No cruise control. Not with two hands firmly on steering wheel. Not wearing seatbelt. Not looking at road ahead.

Last edited:
I've just been watching a YouTube video entitled "10 Historical Puzzles We're Still Working on Solving" on the TopTenz channel. Simon Whistler mentions that Somerton Man "had well formed calf muscles" & "pointed feet", suggesting he either had a habit of walking in high heeled shoes or danced ballet. However, there is another possibility that could reveal the identity of the person. From my medical background (advanced first aider, degree in health & social care, studying for a degree in health science, worked in multiple hospitals & with people with learning &/or physical disabilities), I know that it's possible that he could have been what's know as a toe-walker. This is exactly what it sounds like, the person walks on their toes, rather than their feet. This also leads to the possibility of other physical &/or learning disabilities, including the possibility of autism. Does this ring a bell with anyone who knows more about the case? Does this make you think of the possible identity of the person?

I've just been watching a YouTube video entitled "10 Historical Puzzles We're Still Working on Solving" on the TopTenz channel. Simon Whistler mentions that Somerton Man "had well formed calf muscles" & "pointed feet", suggesting he either had a habit of walking in high heeled shoes or danced ballet. However, there is another possibility that could reveal the identity of the person. From my medical background (advanced first aider, degree in health & social care, studying for a degree in health science, worked in multiple hospitals & with people with learning &/or physical disabilities), I know that it's possible that he could have been what's know as a toe-walker. This is exactly what it sounds like, the person walks on their toes, rather than their feet. This also leads to the possibility of other physical &/or learning disabilities, including the possibility of autism. Does this ring a bell with anyone who knows more about the case? Does this make you think of the possible identity of the person?

In that case, I expect the medical examiner would mention the related changes to connective tissue & joints. Walking without heel contact often starts with contracture of ligaments/tendons in joints and changes the wear within all joints.

Not looking for a link, I have spine & hip issues (that caused knee issues) and know a few things about human gait mechanics. NOTE: Physical Therapy improved my mobility and quality of life and I am forever grateful and aware of my gait mechanics.

If the autopsy/medical examiner/coroner states dance, then IMHO the decedent's joints indicated dance or similar athleticism. Or habitual use of pesky high-heeled shoes.

jmho ymmv lrr

I watched the Australian Story show. Not much was new, the remains are with Forensic SA (the state lab), a number of tests will be run over coming months. The attempt to secure DNA from hair caught in the death mask was unsuccessful as they could only get 2% of what they needed. A falling out between the lead investigator and the professor married to the possible granddaughter was an interesting side note. Someone else surmised that they were both too competitive in wanting a solve.

No mention of genetic genealogy by the scientists or whether the alleged granddaughter has previously gone down this path. The South Australian Attorney-General who approved the exhumation noted that she studied the case at school and wants to know his name.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back