Australia Australia - Tegan Lane, 2 days old, Sydney, 14 Sept 1996 *K. Lane guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Postie has possibly fallen through one of the "gaping holes" in the police investigation.

I think the thing some people forget, or are diverted away from by various MSM, is that the searches for Tegan and ‘Andrew’ were based on different versions of facts Keli gave in multiple interviews with police. What is it ‘they’ say? Hindsight is 20/20?

I think the thing some people forget, or are diverted away from by various MSM, is that the searches for Tegan and ‘Andrew’ were based on different versions of facts Keli gave in multiple interviews with police. What is it ‘they’ say? Hindsight is 20/20?
Just in case it didn't come across, I was being facetious ;) But yes you're right. One of the things that stuck with me that Abernathy said on Exposed was; "There was a big hunt into where that child was. A big hunt because of the versions she gave and nothing was found."

Just in case it didn't come across, I was being facetious ;) But yes you're right. One of the things that stuck with me that Abernathy said on Exposed was; "There was a big hunt into where that child was. A big hunt because of the versions she gave and nothing was found."

Yeah, I know you were being facetious, TO. Keli couldn’t have made the search for Tegan and ‘Andrew’ more difficult if she tried, although somehow the police are to blame for not being able to find them despite them being exhaustive at the time.

Landline? Maybe why she claimed she wasn't allowed to contact him in case somebody else answered? Yet she it was her 'chasing' and 'calling' him to meet up. The first records of Keli having a mobile phone in her name is Dec '96 (as per police investigation). The phone she allegedly had contact with 'Andrew' with for a few months after Tegan was born. Though on Exposed when Caro asked how she contacted Andrew from hospital to come get Tegan I'm fairly sure she said something like 'I would've had my phone with me and the hospital phone' (will have to check where it's said) so I wonder if she did in fact have a mobile phone but perhaps in her parents name.

Maybe ask Keli? I'm sure it's legit and she'll happily provide answers.:D

Oh shute, that's right it was 1996.
Now why would you give someone your landline, but say don't you call me on it?

Oh really all messages will be printed out and forwarded to Keli. 'Righto'
In the good old days before mobiles, you noted the phone number when you were at someone's home, and then called it hoping that person would pick up. If someone else picked it up, you hung up quickly. Or if you're sneaky, keep talking pretending you called the wrong number. Try to find out who's living with him:D

If Keli actually had a mobile with her at the hospital, and the police investigation was not aware of it, that's one big gaping hole:eek: if she didn't tell then, why should she tell Hayley now?:rolleyes:

If Andrew didn't have a mobile then (or not giving number to Keli, remember that was not a common thing to do because mobile calls were "expensive'), he and Mel did have to wait all morning at home on that Saturday morning, to pick up her phone call:confused:

In the good old days before mobiles, you noted the phone number when you were at someone's home, and then called it hoping that person would pick up. If someone else picked it up, you hung up quickly. Or if you're sneaky, keep talking pretending you called the wrong number. Try to find out who's living with him:D

If Keli actually had a mobile with her at the hospital, and the police investigation was not aware of it, that's one big gaping hole:eek: if she didn't tell then, why should she tell Hayley now?:rolleyes:

If Andrew didn't have a mobile then (or not giving number to Keli, remember that was not a common thing to do because mobile calls were "expensive'), he and Mel did have to wait all morning at home on that Saturday morning, to pick up her phone call:confused:

Mum must have been waiting by the landline with Andrew and Mel that Saturday morning for the call. Unless she lived close by and they phoned her landline with the good news. Andrew and Mel swung by her place on the way to the hospital. She jumped in the back beside the car capsule.

Mum must have been waiting by the landline with Andrew and Mel that Saturday morning for the call. Unless she lived close by and they phoned her landline with the good news. Andrew and Mel swung by her place on the way to the hospital. She jumped in the back beside the car capsule.
You would think if Mum was that enthusiastic, she would have got in touch with Keli a lot earlier. She wouldn't have cared whether the mum to be was not the steady girlfriend... That would be Andrew's first baby, HER grandchild. Unless Andrew was so wicked that he only told Mum last minute... In which case she would be still in shock going to the hospital...

You would think if Mum was that enthusiastic, she would have got in touch with Keli a lot earlier. She wouldn't have cared whether the mum to be was not the steady girlfriend... That would be Andrew's first baby, HER grandchild. Unless Andrew was so wicked that he only told Mum last minute... In which case she would be still in shock going to the hospital...

Left it until the last minute to tell his mother. :eek:
Robbed her of knitting a rug. (your avatar prompted that thought):D:)

Last edited:
Maybe Keli got mixed up and it was Mel's mum who came to support Mel because she was feeling weird about meeting the lover of her husband and the mother of her child-to-be. Mel's mum wasn't enthusiastic about Keli, naturally.

That's it, he used his partner's surname because he didn't like Nguyen, and then he split up with her and went back to his real name.
Nah, more likely Mel was Nguyen, you should know Keli preferred Anglo;)

Then Mel took the baby and raised her as a Nguyen:)

And of course Mel was transgender and could not have a baby herself ;);)

People are still imagining picture perfect core families? This was Inner West :D

People are still imagining picture perfect core families? This was Inner West :D
If Andrew was true Norris he should have been found. If Mel is Nguyen, then Norris was Andrew's first wife, but he never took the name legally and Mel wasn't particularly fond of it so he gradually stopped using it. Oh and I was thinking that Mel was Carmel or Amelia.

If only those tenants had let Keli search those old boxes for Andrew's number this case would've been solved.

Except for Mel turning up at the hospital, I could imagine that Andrew was a transvestite who invented Mel to explain the women's clothes and effects in the flat. Afterwards he transitioned, and purposely put distance between himself and his previous names.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mctigue30
Back