Australia Australia - Tegan Lane, 2 days old, Sydney, 14 Sept 1996 *K. Lane guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This podcast episode is out today.

Many people often have a view on sentencing, whether it’s fair or not. But are judges meeting community expectations? The Herald Sun’s Andrew Rule and the ABC’s Caro Meldrum-Hanna join senior partner at Gordon Legal, Peter Gordon, award-winning political journalist Lyndal Curtis and Labor MP Jane Garrett to tackle the vexed issue of sentencing ahead of next week’s Victorian state election.

Beyond Reasonable Clout

* Caro talks about the DPP (Cowdery) and how he pursued the Lane case and not the Dawson case very briefly at the 10:50 mark.
* Talk of the Lane case specifically starts at 49.24 mark. Basically how Keli had poor defence team. No evidence. Wasn't fair trial. Miscarriage of justice. Blah blah.

For a legal podcast, with this specific episode focusing on sentencing, it wasn't of any real substance at all.
Was it a bit like everyone advocating their pet topic? (And for Gordon Legal promoting themselves)

(I am out to win the Most Cynical crown on this forum)

It seems they've been hitting the streets with posters of Keli asking taxi drivers if they saw her around Auburn hospital in '96.

Dunja Kar

It now seems Keli has stated she caught at taxi TO the hospital also.
Managed to confuse a whole lot of taxi drivers at the stand, I guess:D

As to the trip to the hospital.. How else can she explain? She didn't drive back home, and no one she knew drove her there.

Though she would have to call a taxi from Venus St, I doubt there was a taxi stand nearby.

Did she take taxis for the previous trips to the hospitals, expecting to be induced too?

They should go check out Ryde hospital too. Check the taxi stand.

(Edited for questions)

Last edited:
I’d like to see this investigation get a whole lot meatier. So far, it’s been a ‘she said, she said’ without a whole lot of proof that Keli is in any way telling the truth about anything at all. Yes, being a liar doesn’t make you a murderer but a jury has made her one, so now the onus of proof is on Keli and, by extension Exposed, to prove that she’s not (quite apart from any legal wheeling and dealing). I really can’t see that all of the footslogging by researchers at taxi stands 20 years after Tegan’s disappearance is going to help their cause. The only thing that is, in my mind at least, is the reappearance of ‘Andrew’ and/or Tegan herself.

(Guess it’s neck-and-neck between us in the race for the Cynical Triple Crown @Via Marple)

Last edited:
I’d like to see this investigation get a whole lot meatier. So far, it’s been a ‘she said, she said’ without a whole lot of proof that Keli is in any way telling the truth about anything at all. Yes, being a liar doesn’t make you a murderer but a jury has made her one, so now the onus of proof is on Keli and, by extension Exposed, to prove that she’s not (quite apart from any legal wheeling and dealing). I really can’t see that all of the footslogging by researchers at taxi stands 20 years after Tegan’s disappearance is going to help their cause. The only thing that is, in my mind at least, is the reappearance of ‘Andrew’ and/or Tegan herself.

(Guess it’s neck-and-neck between us in the race for the Cynical Triple Crown @Via Marple)
Exposed wants to find the taxi driver. Impossible as it may be.

If that taxi driver is found, and can vouch for KL getting into his taxi without a baby, and getting off at Venus St without disposing of anything - then at least they can rule out that possibility.

The taxi driver, unlike Andrew and his mates, would not have any self interest to not come forward.

Question is, if no taxi driver remembered KL 10 years ago... Despite all the media reports, police searches, rewards offered by TV etc... How can he be found now?

The team always imply they have some important leads that they are following. I hope I will finally be surprised.
(I am definitely going all out in this race:D)

Exposed wants to find the taxi driver. Impossible as it may be.

If that taxi driver is found, and can vouch for KL getting into his taxi without a baby, and getting off at Venus St without disposing of anything - then at least they can rule out that possibility.

The taxi driver, unlike Andrew and his mates, would not have any self interest to not come forward.

Question is, if no taxi driver remembered KL 10 years ago... Despite all the media reports, police searches, rewards offered by TV etc... How can he be found now?

The team always imply they have some important leads that they are following. I hope I will finally be surprised.
(I am definitely going all out in this race:D)

Some pretty big ifs, Marple. I hope I’ll be surprised too (but I seriously doubt it).

Police checks show their were allegedly no taxi pickups from Auburn Hosp that day. So was she picked up from another location?

Considering how many people a taxi driver sees in a day, week, month and year, not to mention the taxi drivers that only worked weekends for extra cash, how would they possibly remember a random blonde from 22 years ago.

I think there's about as much chance finding a taxi driver who remembers her as there is the Balmain postie remembering mail addressed to a M/Norris in a small window of time.

I suppose though when you criticise a police investigaton and it's 'gaping holes' one must appear to be thorough in their own search and investigation.

You know, something just occurred to me. I was thinking about Keli’s silence at the inquest and trial and her lack of directing her legal teams to defend her adequately during the trial and appeals. Keli can’t admit to any responsibility in Tegan’s disappearance, just like she couldn’t admit to being repeatedly pregnant. To me, there seems to be a pattern there.

Yes and I think she honestly believes she shouldn't have too. She even said (somewhere) something in the nature of "It's like they wanted to hold me accountable.." She wrote to Caro for help and yet Caro asks her a question regarding offering more information about M/Norris and said "I don't beleive I should have too." o_O

Keli also seems to avoid answering any questions regarding what Tegan looked like or was wearing. She cannot handle things getting real. I gave her away let's move on, don't want to talk about it defensive attitude.

You know, something just occurred to me. I was thinking about Keli’s silence at the inquest and trial and her lack of directing her legal teams to defend her adequately during the trial and appeals. Keli can’t admit to any responsibility in Tegan’s disappearance, just like she couldn’t admit to being repeatedly pregnant. To me, there seems to be a pattern there.
And she supposedly had matured and taken up responsibilities in the years between.

Yes and I think she honestly believes she shouldn't have too. She even said (somewhere) something in the nature of "It's like they wanted to hold me accountable.." She wrote to Caro for help and yet Caro asks her a question regarding offering more information about M/Norris and said "I don't beleive I should have too." o_O

Keli also seems to avoid answering any questions regarding what Tegan looked like or was wearing. She cannot handle things getting real. I gave her away let's move on, don't want to talk about it defensive attitude.
Oh I had not thought about that (amazing after so much time on this case). What did Tegan look like? What was she wearing? Has anyone mentioned that?

Oh I had not thought about that (amazing after so much time on this case). What did Tegan look like? What was she wearing? Has anyone mentioned that?

This is the most she's ever said.

CM-H: What was that like Keli those final moments with Tegan just mother and daughter alone?
KL: It was awful… because I'd been there before and I knew how much it hurt. It was just so difficult to just make this decision again and basically to write myself out of it.
CM-H: Can you remember what she looked like...
KL: (cuts her off) I was kicking myself too, why am I here again?

Later Caro asks again.

CM-H: Do you remember... What's your last image of your daughter Tegan?

KL: She's so beautiful and just, she's asleep and she was tucked in this ... she looked so little tucked in this capsule. I was very upset, I was crying, and Andrew was with ...
Mel and his mother were on the other ...

Always has to insert emotion too.

Source is the Exposed series. Phone call can be heard here: The Keli Lane tapes: From prison, a murderer breaks her silence

And she supposedly had matured and taken up responsibilities in the years between.

<rsbm>

Yes, but on the other hand, despite her level of education, sporting prowess and career at an elite private girls’ school, not to mention the ability to keep repeated pregnancies secret, her supporters would have us believe that she was almost clueless. Yeah, like a fox.

Full transcript of KL's police interview. I found a way to edit the file to remove suppressed names in order to be able to post this file. I have noted where the edits were made.

Attachments

• KELI_LANE_-_ERISP_1_FEBRUARY_14_2001_Edited.pdf
    788.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Full transcript of KL's police interview. I found a way to edit the file to remove suppressed names in order to be able to post this file. I have noted where the edits were made.

I find it very hard to believe anything that Keli says really.........

Next thing you know.........the taxi driver/s will miraculously be found ( 22 yrs later !) ..........who happened to remember taking Keli to Auburn hospital & taking her from the hospital to * whatever narrative suits Keli * & just happened to also see AN/M , Mel & mum getting into Andrews car with Tegan o_O:rolleyes::eek::D

Must say that Elise does a much better job of steering the conversations & answering questions on the facebook group than Caro......:D

Where are you Tegan? :(

I find it very hard to believe anything that Keli says really.........

Next thing you know.........the taxi driver/s will miraculously be found ( 22 yrs later !) ..........who happened to remember taking Keli to Auburn hospital & taking her from the hospital to * whatever narrative suits Keli * & just happened to also see AN/M , Mel & mum getting into Andrews car with Tegan o_O:rolleyes::eek::D

Must say that Elise does a much better job of steering the conversations & answering questions on the facebook group than Caro......:D

Where are you Tegan? :(

But she didn't get a taxi.. Then she did... Then she didn't..

Did you notice Elise's answer to whether they were still in touch with Keli? "Probably best I don't answer this in case the current situation changes." Hmmm ok.

Also it appears Allison Langdon, author of The Girl That Never Was: Finding Tegan Lane, is releasing a podcast on the case soon.

But she didn't get a taxi.. Then she did... Then she didn't..

Did you notice Elise's answer to whether they were still in touch with Keli? "Probably best I don't answer this in case the current situation changes." Hmmm ok.

Also it appears Allison Langdon, author of The Girl That Never Was: Finding Tegan Lane, is releasing a podcast on the case soon.

Yep I did :rolleyes:

Soooooo hard to see any truth among the many many lies!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj
Back