Found Alive Australia - Terence Darrell Kelly, charged w/ abduction, 4 y.o. victim found alive, WA ,16 Oct 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely agree with you. As I have said in a previous post the room is just too clean and tidy. There isn't even dust on the ceiling fan! The cleanliness of the room just does not match with anything else about this guy or the outside of his house.
I spoke with someone at work yesterday who has family that live in Carnarvon, they have said that is just a seedy part of town, very run down , they also agree that room just doesn't add up!

I live in a area that some say is seedy because it's all Government housing, my grass is green, I have garden bed's and my house is clean. My next door neighbour has a dirt backyard and the front yard looks shabby...but inside her home is immaculately cleaned. She is a single mum and works fulltime and unfortunately just doesn't have the time to focus on her yard. My 2 eldest children are indigenous and they have family that live at what's called "the mission". Yeah it's a rough area, cars laying around everywhere, rubbish everywhere, dog's roaming everywhere, abandoned houses full of graffiti, broken windows, no doors...but my children's relatives houses are clean inside. Just because a place or area looks rough, we can't assume it's the same behind closed doors.

‘TRULY TERRIFYING’: Family-of-seven camping just 100m from ‘abducted’ CS tells of events

I can't stop thinking about a travelling family who were at the blowholes that night, i haven't looked up anything about them but it states they are documenting their trip around Australia, with the accused facebook interests in travelling familys i wonder if that could of drawed him to the location,

Yes this is interesting. In fact there was another poster that suggested the same thing before C was found. I wanted to go back and quote them after the arrest to say how right they could be. The threads are closed now so I can't, I actually think it may have been their first post too.

The primary reason TK was at the camp site that night is something I hope comes out during the trial.

Last edited by a moderator:
In those photos of the room, there are many different doll brands, from Bratz, Barbie, Frozen, Barbie, Disney, Lalaloopsy and even some Hot Wheels.

Was that room where CS was found, I can't say that for 100% fact. But we have seen pics of a blocked out window, a black bed, TK laying on a black bed with a Bratz Quilt Cover. So IMO at some stage TK did have a room set up like the one's we have seen. I have attached some pics

In the one where it says door, if you zoom in it is actually a window, as you can see a plastic curtain rod holder on the right.

We've seen a black bed in the backyard under the verandah.

IMO maybe TK's doll collection started with Bratz and has just followed on and grew when a new Brand becomes popular.

I've looked at many of his alleged fake account's and the collection of doll brands varies, it's not just doll's he posted, he has posts of children's bikini's, of children wearing bikini's and the list goes on. If you keep digging all the account's link to each other, each time you click on the likes it just leads to a whole new family he had created and they all lead back to that Bratz account. It's very very disturbing.

IMO I feel at some stage he has crossed paths with CS maybe dressed as a Frozen character and became so fixated that he just couldn't resist. We've seen in pics that CS likes Frozen, Mark broke her princess shoes and when the media captured her leaving the family home she was wearing little princess shoes.

IMO I don't believe he was at that campsite for petty theft, I feel he had this very much planned, watched and waited until he had the golden opportunity to snatched CS from a tent while everyone was sleeping.

I just hope he is never allowed to be amongst a community again and that justice is used to the highest level for this to happen.

I think that door is a built-in robe.

I wonder what the hot wheelz are for? Complete different type of toy to a doll i wonder if its a just in case he has a boy over, because I had been thinking what if the child he took ended up being a boy he would be sitting in the room saying I don't like dolls,

I guess the million dollar question was what time did he arrive at the blowholes? Did he know it was CS or wad it random

All of these books were advertised for sale on 13th October by someone in Brockman (Carnarvon) which is the locality of the raided house. The advertisements have comments like this....

"$5 per book. Travelling Australia and need all gone ASAP. Please contact if interested. Posting at buyers expense. Please contact on XXXXXXXXXX (telephone number redacted by me) if interested."

The user name of the person selling the books is also the name of an 8-year old sight impaired girl who, in 2020, was gifted an inclusive doll with a white mobility cane as used by blind people.

Sarah Krasnostein, author of the profoundly moving book The Trauma Cleaner, found the words to say it. On social media this week she was worried and exasperated at the repeated references to a smiling and "well" child; to a girl who was making everyone else so happy by seeming to be so happy herself:

"The fact that a deeply traumatised child is described as "bubbly", "sweet", "just delightful" to satisfy a collective need for a magically redemptive narrative is disturbing."
She went on to argue that this framing accords with a history of how we un-see trauma and just expect kids to "get over it". She saw it as "dangerous public health messaging."

Sad little ghosts must have come rushing back to so many with the disappearance of CS

weight-of-a-nations-relief

I think we've got a long way to go with how we report and discuss SA or suspected SA crimes, especially regarding children. It's a self protection mechanism to erase or minimize an immensely horrifying experience, and replace it with an image of a 'smiling' child, they're okay, we're okay, but when it comes to the human psyche and the courts, it shouldn't be downplayed. Food for thought.

‘TRULY TERRIFYING’: Family-of-seven camping just 100m from ‘abducted’ CS tells of events

I can't stop thinking about a travelling family who were at the blowholes that night, i haven't looked up anything about them but it states they are documenting their trip around Australia, with the accused facebook interests in travelling familys i wonder if that could of drawed him to the location, i really hope this is all a wake up call that people hav private social media and only befriend real life people who they hav met or a trustworthy friend has met

Its been mentioned police think he was there to do theft but i wonder if because a travelling family are there it may hav been an appealing location, dose anyone know anymore information about the travelling family like if their documenting travles was public? hopefully its looked into his many profiles to see if the travelling family was being follow online by the accused

Is it possible, CS was not the target but an afterthought? Accused is following travelling families on FB, maybe one of family of 7 kids was the target? Maybe when he got there, he couldn't get to the kids and saw a child's bike at the tent that drew his attention and he scoped it out and grabbed CS as she was easier to access?

This article is quite an eye-opener, but I am not suggesting this relates to TK in any way. I think companies that make these sort of dolls, and I'm not just referring to what they're wearing, are more than despicable, but children apparently like them and parents are more than happy to buy them. What next.

One of Britain's best-selling dolls reveal secret, adult-style lingerie when plunged in water | Daily Mail Online

What about the parents who see nothing wrong in buying their pre 5 year daughters bras to wear and high heels? Advertising and kids shows have a lot to answer for. Kids see the shows then see the toys in shops I want I want or their friends have them I want I want. Baby dolls now are so life like. Cabbage kids dolls were great. I think a lot of the sexualisation of dolls started with Barbie and the skimpy clothing, figure etc.

I heard the 4pm Ch7 newscaster issue a verbal apology on-air yesterday. The 4pm news is national news (as opposed to the later news by the state news team) so it went out across Australia.

A verbal apology is nowhere near enough. His face would have been seen in articles published worldwide and reading he was alleged to have done.

They'll pay dearly for this massive error.

The key clue that led police to alleged kidnapper
Wishing I could read this to understand more about the phone data was it an actual ping at quobba its a pay wall article

Yes, I think it must have been ping and/or GPS data that placed him at Quobba in the relevant time period.

DM has quoted The West Australian here .....

'His phone was allegedly in the area as part of the data collection,' a source told The West Australian. 'That is part of the information that led the taskforce to him.'

dailymail.co.uk search-rescue-final-two-hours-revealed-mobile-data-played-crucial-part

RSBM
As far as the doll play.: It’s possible he could have been living vicariously through his dolls as a way to cope with issues in his life he has no control over. Perhaps he ran through pretend scenarios with the dolls as a way to solve his problems and release stress. Maybe he used them to work through sadness or loneliness. He seems to have kind of refused to interact with the real world. Maybe he preferred his made-up world instead. What drove that decision probably wasn’t really due to the dolls but some other deeper issues. I’ve read of those who lose a daughter or sister involved in such obsessions. imo

I suspect he came from a large family and may have had a very troubled childhood that caused him to withdraw into himself to escape past events.

TK, 36, arrived at Casuarina Prison in shackles at 1.50pm on Friday, where he will be held on remand until at least his next court appearance in December. (6th Dec) (NEWS.com.au)

Government of Western Australia - Inspection of CASUARINA PRISON - 2019 https://www.oics.wa.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Casuarina-Report-129.pdf
Aboriginal people remained heavily over-represented, making up 35 per cent of the prison population. Casuarina was originally intended to house mainly long-term sentenced prisoners, but much of the overall population growth in the last six years has been driven by an increase in remand numbers. Casuarina now holds a significant number of prisoners on remand – typically about 40 per cent of the prison population.

I found some images of inside Casuarina Prison:- 2 photos of inside the cells, one in the old section and one in the new section.

1550529892671_GQO22TDBD.3-2.jpg

1593594406699_GK42QK6LF.1-1.jpg

A-double-bunked-cell.jpg

A verbal apology is nowhere near enough. His face would have been seen in articles published worldwide and reading he was alleged to have done.

They'll pay dearly for this massive error.

I agree it is not enough. An apology is a good start. I think that a compensation payment is appropriate as well.

What I would also like to see is Channel 7 to demonstrate what future measures they will put in place to ensure this kind of wrong identity scenario doesn't happen again. By that I don't just mean firing someone but an actual framework/policy that they adhere to before putting photos/details out to the world.

Between this and the interview with the parents early in the case, where the host asked the parents if there was anything they hadn't told police, 7's coverage has not been great.

MOO

I suspect he came from a large family and may have had a very troubled childhood that caused him to withdraw into himself to escape past events.

Before his accounts were deleted, he posted quite a few comments to Police facebook posts and specific pages eg "Protect our children from adult predators - WA" A lot of these comments were VERY aggressive about punishments (formal and informal "prison justice") that should be applied to sex offenders.

In one of his comments he mentioned he'd been in the foster system and it had not gone well for him. He might have bounced around a few foster homes before they managed to place him with his grandmother.

RSBM

No not a large family. So far, we have been told that TK had one brother and they were both brought up by their grandmother who died three years ago. Was TK in foster homes before that?

His father lives in Karratha north of Carnarvon and his mother has not been mentioned. When he had a high speed car chase with police, in the car with him were two females - his aunt and his 6 year old niece.

TK went to Carnarvon High School and then to Carnarvon Senior School. I wonder if he did his HSC? It appears that he is at least of average intelligence.

NOTE: It is impossible to give you just one link here as I have collected this information from various TV and media articles as I am interested in Family of Origin. IMO TK's childhood background is important to understand.

ETA: This is behind a paywall but a friend just sent me this. I do not subscribe to The Australian myself but she does.

From The Australian today:

Mr Kelly was known to be close to a woman locals considered his grandmother, Penny Walker.

Personally, I think the media have picked up the word "grandmother" and it has stuck......

in Aus indigenous communities the locals all claim to be related ... they use words like he's my cousin brother / sister etc.... when the are not actually related.... at all by blood....

I wonder if Penny Walker may have been his "foster mother" ??? Not his actual grandmother??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member