Found Alive Australia - Terence Darrell Kelly, charged w/ abduction, 4 y.o. victim found alive, WA ,16 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen an attempted murder victim who had her throat slashed who was in good spirits.

It's not a stretch to think that her good spirits were because she was back with her parents and eating an icypole in a hospital bed.

Whether there was SA or not, she was abused and neglected. She was found in a house by herself at 1am in the morning. That is neglect. Kidnapping is a violent crime and it is abusive in the extreme. She was deprived of liberty.
I agree, I think everyone is so relieved she is alive and in good physical condition, they're prepared to give this man a pass. What he allegedly did is monstrous! We have to remind ourselves, he didn't give her up, the police worked extremely hard and long hours to find him and rescue CS. We don't know what TK's end goal was, and we probably will never find out. jmo

I'm not trying to "give him a pass"

I'm trying to understand the human being inside this person. The one who didn't kill her and hide her dead body.

I'm not trying to give him a pass either by my theorizing even though might sound like it in my recent posts... But we have to admit this guy isn't "textbook" for child abduction!

I feel like this case could have some warped, mind f*#$ked motive though, not the norm. Kinda Norman Bates stuff without the kill :eek:

Reminds me of a coffin. I could be wrong. Obviously its only speculation on my part. I wonder if the boxes or leaving packaging on could be a collectors thing with eventually making money. I don't know I haven't seen these doll collections myself but once I have some time I will look. I would like to know if they are collectors items, which could point to a monetary motive for the doll collection as well. That would make the accused aware of consequences if for monetary gain eventually. The only reason I point this out is maybe he knows what he is doing and what he wants to accomplish. MOO. All MOO.
Keeping toys and models in their boxes is very much a collectors thing. Keeping them "Mint in Box, unopened" is how they're supposed to retain value.

They didn't want to go over the events of the abduction again, from my understanding. This was probably legally advised, also.
Or are you referring to another issue?
Nah, just an idiom I used,'that's the million dollar question' and realized as I wrote it, the million dollar reward.
I agree, the parents were advised to give as little details as possible.
The accused, if he's co-operating, will give his statement of the alleged kidnapping and it can be matched up or not to the witnesses account. jmo

This latest news article claims LE used number plate recognition (amongst other sources) ..... yet TK's car had no number plates?

DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA
By AMY HARRIS IN CARNARVON and AIDAN WONDRACZ FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA
PUBLISHED: 02:04 AEDT, 7 November 2021 | UPDATED: 02:17 AEDT, 7 November 2021

Inside Toxic Crescent: How the street where CS was held captive was the scene of a riot so wild even police had to stay away - as forensic teams remove dozens of bags of evidence and her alleged abductor's beloved Bratz dolls
50136481-10171779-image-a-16_1636194509262.jpg

Bags of evidence were removed, believed to contain contain Kelly's beloved Bratz dolls

50136477-10171779-image-a-18_1636194709228.jpg

Police officers bundle evidence wrapped in white plastic into a trailer after combing the property on Saturday

Littered with broken glass and rubbish, the street and neighbouring David Brand Drive is also nicknamed by Carnarvon locals as 'ground zero' and was dubbed 'scorched earth' by some of the media covering CS'S abduction.

Small children can often be seen wandering the area alone, with dog attacks and break-ins 'common' according to residents.

One business owner, who has resided in the area for seven years, said CS's abduction came at a time when the town was slipping down a slope of 'rampant' crime and social disturbance.
50135127-10171779-Police_forensic_teams_are_pictured_standing_outside_the_Carnarvo-a-15_1636192189594.jpg

Sources close to the investigation claim the mobile phone data was crucial in helping police to identify Kelly as a prime suspect.

'His phone was allegedly in the area as part of the data collection,' a source told The West Australian. 'That is part of the information that led the taskforce to him.'

There are at least three new mobile base stations located not far from the remote campsite where CS vanished from at Quobba Point, 73km north of Carnarvon, on October 16.

Telecommunication providers then gave police a list of phone numbers that had been used in the area during the times of interest.
Detective superintendent Rod Wilde said the data was then layered with other information before Kelly became a person of interest.

'So we put the phone data over numberplate-recognition data, CCTV, witness accounts, forensics... And when you layer them on top of each other you solve crimes and that is merely what we have done here.'

Police tailed Kelly in an unmarked police car at 11.24pm on Tuesday - just hours before they raided his housing commission home at Carnarvon at 1am on Wednesday.

Detective senior sergeant Cameron Blaine said officers had been waiting for Kelly to 'go mobile and leave the premises'.

This latest news article claims LE used number plate recognition (amongst other sources) ..... yet TK's car had no number plates?
A car detected as having no number plates would/could have raised big red flags for following up on who the owner or driver and any passengers might be.
Sometimes what is not in a picture is even more revealing that what is.

I'm not trying to "give him a pass"
I'm trying to understand the human being inside this person. The one who didn't kill her and hide her dead body.
I'm sorry, Tootsie, @PinkPower 's response to a post that CS appeared perfectly fine when she was rescued, initiated my reply. In saying that, it's giving him a pass, imo.
I've got nothing against everyone trying to figure out this guy and his motives.

DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA
By AMY HARRIS IN CARNARVON and AIDAN WONDRACZ FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA
PUBLISHED: 02:04 AEDT, 7 November 2021 | UPDATED: 02:17 AEDT, 7 November 2021

Inside Toxic Crescent: How the street where CS was held captive was the scene of a riot so wild even police had to stay away - as forensic teams remove dozens of bags of evidence and her alleged abductor's beloved Bratz dolls
50136481-10171779-image-a-16_1636194509262.jpg

Bags of evidence were removed, believed to contain contain Kelly's beloved Bratz dolls

50136477-10171779-image-a-18_1636194709228.jpg

Police officers bundle evidence wrapped in white plastic into a trailer after combing the property on Saturday

Littered with broken glass and rubbish, the street and neighbouring David Brand Drive is also nicknamed by Carnarvon locals as 'ground zero' and was dubbed 'scorched earth' by some of the media covering CS'S abduction.

Small children can often be seen wandering the area alone, with dog attacks and break-ins 'common' according to residents.

One business owner, who has resided in the area for seven years, said CS's abduction came at a time when the town was slipping down a slope of 'rampant' crime and social disturbance.
50135127-10171779-Police_forensic_teams_are_pictured_standing_outside_the_Carnarvo-a-15_1636192189594.jpg

Sources close to the investigation claim the mobile phone data was crucial in helping police to identify Kelly as a prime suspect.

'His phone was allegedly in the area as part of the data collection,' a source told The West Australian. 'That is part of the information that led the taskforce to him.'

There are at least three new mobile base stations located not far from the remote campsite where CS vanished from at Quobba Point, 73km north of Carnarvon, on October 16.

Telecommunication providers then gave police a list of phone numbers that had been used in the area during the times of interest.
Detective superintendent Rod Wilde said the data was then layered with other information before Kelly became a person of interest.

'So we put the phone data over numberplate-recognition data, CCTV, witness accounts, forensics... And when you layer them on top of each other you solve crimes and that is merely what we have done here.'

Police tailed Kelly in an unmarked police car at 11.24pm on Tuesday - just hours before they raided his housing commission home at Carnarvon at 1am on Wednesday.

Detective senior sergeant Cameron Blaine said officers had been waiting for Kelly to 'go mobile and leave the premises'.

Wow, I haven’t seen that last sentence mentioned anywhere before. So it sounds like he was inside the house, and they waited for him to leave. I wonder how long they waited for? Where they expecting him to leave in the middle of the night? Maybe they had noticed it was his routine from phone data or something like that.

When the accused's FB accounts were still up, I had a browse and I had to stop after about 10 minutes. I felt terror building up inside. It felt like I had stumbled upon a world that, up until now, I had been blissfully unaware of. I mean, I know there's some nasty stuff out there but we're shielded from it by LE to an extent. To see the elaborateness of it all, the (possible) catfishing behaviour, the dolls... Ughh, I had to stop looking. I really feel for LE who have to wade through this stuff. Absolutely sickening.
Totally get the point . Very scary to think how easily fakery can slip into sinister

I've also been wondering about TK's finances. He is now 36yo and has done a course in construction. He seems to be currently unemployed and got out of prison in June 2021. We have been told that he's never had a driving licence in his life (and still doesn't) and was it stated that his car was not registered as it was seen without number plates in his yard? Perhaps that's why he mainly drove at night and never thought LE would find out where he lived.

Having said that, has he ever worked since he left school? <modsnip> So far nobody has come forward to say that they ever worked with him. He states on FB that he worked 11 or 12 hour shifts but IMO that is probably his fantasy.

Does TK have a Psychiatric condition that stops him from working? Does he receive the Disability Support Pension? Disability Support Pension - Services Australia

So, IMO, the money he has recently been spending on dolls and to pay for his car may have been inherited from his grandmother - probably cash from her bank account. Perhaps her doll collection was inherited by his aunt at first and she gave it to TK as she knew he was interested in it. However, I read he began his FB posts at least by 2013 so perhaps he shared the house with his grandmother then, had access to her dolls and has added to the collection by buying more when he could afford one at Toyworld. He seems to live a modest life. I think the comment by a neighbour that he had seen ten or twelve dolls in their boxes in his car and that he might have just collected them from the post office, is possibly an assumption as he did not expect to see them in boxes.
Some of the fake personas were created in 2011 from the sleuthing I did

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the fake personas were created in 2011 from the sleuthing I did
While Granma was around.. .. so he must have kept all this dolly stuff from Gran knowing.. she would have spoken with the elders, I would think.....

Obviously, not Gran's death that set him off.

I am curious as to when the internet came to Canarvon, as a workable matter, not when it was $5.00 an hour but when Telstra made it possible economically. I'd say it wouldn't have been much before 2011, maybe around 2008... 07..

This angle is just ridiculous, though. By the neighbours own testimony he didn't think anything of the nappy purchases until they found CS. In other words, it was not reported so cannot have lead to the arrest.

It's a storm in a teacup. It will never go anywhere.

Equally ridiculous are the posts comparing missing Indigenous teens who ran away to a case where a child was forcibly kidnapped

BBM. I posted a link to an article in The Guardian about this yesterday. Speaking for myself, it was a roundabout way to indicate the social disorder that accompanies many missing children and indeed many children who experience harms here. It’s a context not just for today, but yesterday, when the accused was a minor himself.

Wow, I haven’t seen that last sentence mentioned anywhere before. So it sounds like he was inside the house, and they waited for him to leave. I wonder how long they waited for? Where they expecting him to leave in the middle of the night? Maybe they had noticed it was his routine from phone data or something like that.
I guess that they didn't want to risk him harming CS ( or himself ) on entry to the house / room if she was alive & I get the feeling they didn't really know at point, hence when they very soon yell for the camera to come in at the rescue....

My apologies, I found the article.

But the remarkable discovery of the four-year-old inside a locked room at a property in the West Australian town of Carnarvon on Wednesday – 18 days after she first went missing – shocked the nation and especially Mr Watson-Munro.

child-found-in-carnarvon-house
Also, in the ‘my name is C’ audio, isn’t that the sound of the door being forcibly opened at the start? Apologies if I’ve misconstrued.

My apologies, I found the article.

But the remarkable discovery of the four-year-old inside a locked room at a property in the West Australian town of Carnarvon on Wednesday – 18 days after she first went missing – shocked the nation and especially Mr Watson-Munro.

child-found-in-carnarvon-house
Also, in the ‘my name is C’ audio, isn’t that the sound of the door being forcibly opened at the start? Apologies if I’ve misconstrued.
Children often have delayed trauma to these events. Make no mistake, even if he didn't sexually harm her, she will forever be traumatised over this event. She was stolen from her family at night and kept for 18 days by a stranger. There is no way to escape the trauma of that, even if she was playing with dolls and eating lollies the whole time.

I agree. I am also thinking that no matter what fantasy her abductor spun her, CS would probably already have had some rudimentary child safety education at her school. Not just on ‘stranger danger,’ but also on bodily autonomy, personal space, appropriate behaviour around my body, etc. So there would have been a cognitive dissonance right there, regardless of what deception he played for her.

While Granma was around.. .. so he must have kept all this dolly stuff from Gran knowing.. she would have spoken with the elders, I would think.....

I am curious as to when the internet came to Canarvon, as a workable matter, not when it was $5.00 an hour but when Telstra made it possible economically. I'd say it wouldn't have been much before 2011, maybe around 2008... 07..
Troop, I am looking into Carnarvon internet.... but found a little bit of history:-

CARNARVON HISTORY - Carnarvon History
The 1960’s also brought the Space Race to Carnarvon with the construction of the Overseas Telecommunications Commission (OTC) dish which was used throughout the Apollo program to relay messages from space across the world back to mission control in Florida. This was the first of its kind for Australia and the first major landmark for the people of Carnarvon. The station was eventually closed in 1976 and still serves today as a historical site and museum for the town.

I wonder if he kept a journal/diary before he had access to the internet to create the fake family. A family tree, even?

Troop, I am looking into Carnarvon internet.... but found a little bit of history:-

CARNARVON HISTORY - Carnarvon History
The 1960’s also brought the Space Race to Carnarvon with the construction of the Overseas Telecommunications Commission (OTC) dish which was used throughout the Apollo program to relay messages from space across the world back to mission control in Florida. This was the first of its kind for Australia and the first major landmark for the people of Carnarvon. The station was eventually closed in 1976 and still serves today as a historical site and museum for the town.
That was part of NASA watching posts, linked with when John Glenn went into space, can't remember the name of the mission, but the people of Perth were asked to keep all their lights on, as he was over them in the dark.. Perth being one of the most isolated cities on earth.,. I think it still is... 1962 ... I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melissaw