GUILTY Australia - Terence Darrell Kelly, charged w/ abduction of 4 y.o., WA, 16 Oct 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Getting two million to do a story on your kidnapped daughter does not sit well with me at all. Moo

I agree with your sentiment. However, if the funds are used to help their daughter, I believe that the money is well deserved.

How many of us have purchased lotto tickets, hoping we will "win big"? If you told me I would win, but my daughter would be stolen from me for a month, and go through what CS endured, forget it. This family needs to heal. I don't begrudge them a dime.

Getting two million to do a story on your kidnapped daughter does not sit well with me at all. Moo
Me neither. Although I don't judge how any one would respond if offered 2 million dollars for a case that will be endlessly discussed whatever they do. Other people will be making money off this story, I can understand why C's family would feel they should too.

How could you be a "normal" parent after your child had been stolen from a tent while you were sleeping? It seems impossible. I would want my kids tethered to me with velcro. I was practically like that anyway.

CS's mom probably needs just as much counseling.

Bumping from Opening Posts:

ADMIN NOTE:

Members continue to use the victim's name in their posts and Mods are having to edit and edit and edit.

From now on, we will not extend the courtesy of editing posts that contain the victim's name. Your entire post will simply be removed, along with any/all responses to it.

The first time I heard about the two million dollars for an interview was also the first time that I read somewhere in the media that CS's parents were considering changing her name .... my instant reaction then was why go on television if you want interest & speculation etc in your child & family to die own in the future?

It wasn't the money or the amount of money they were being paid that bothered me at all, IMO if a television production company wants to offer money for a story then so be it, it goes on.

When I put myself in ES's shoes and think about living three long weeks without knowing where the hell my child was or what god forbid was happening to her or had perhaps happened to her ... those are some very dark rabbit holes for your mind to go down. I know I would need counselling for a very long time.

Anyone that has been through trauma with their own children will know of the scars you are left with F O R E V E R. And of course there is the unknown long term effects on CS

I wish them all the best and if this money gives them the freedom and ability to put their lives back together anyway they may need then that is wonderful

IMO

<RSBM>
When I put myself in ES's shoes and think about living three long weeks without knowing where the hell my child was or what god forbid was happening to her or had perhaps happened to her ... those are some very dark rabbit holes for your mind to go down. I know I would need counselling for a very long time.

Anyone that has been through trauma with their own children will know of the scars you are left with F O R E V E R. And of course there is the unknown long term effects on CS

I wish them all the best and if this money gives them the freedom and ability to put their lives back together anyway they may need then that is wonderful

IMO

I have a feeling that professional help has already been sought. As I noticed, during the interview, that the mum mentioned the "healing process" several times.

All three phases were touched on by the mum, during the interview.

Phase 1: Safety and Stability ....... (keeping the lights on and doors open, for CS)
Phase 2: Remembering and Grieving ....... (letting CS speak of the event during normal conversation, telling her it is okay to be sad, it is okay to be angry)
Phase 3: Restoring Relationships ....... (travelling as a family unit, away from Carnarvon)
Phases of Trauma Recovery | UPMC HealthBeat

If a news organization told me they would leave my family alone if I did an interview and get paid 2M, I would probably take it. Now they can go on extended travels and hopefully continue to use professional help to guide their healing.

ETA: of course they will need to get back to “normal” life at some point with jobs and school, etc. But let them experience calm for a little while.

I don't judge the parents at all for taking a generous fee, and I'm somewhat disappointed that they're attracting so much criticism for doing so.

Firstly, CS was not interviewed - just the parents.

Secondly, one thing that was very clear in the interview is that the family generally, and CS in particular, will be affected by this horrific event forever. Any sum of money that can ease the pressure in practical ways may be helpful. I would think of it more as compensation than winning the lottery, since it barely offsets what they've suffered.

Thirdly, people in positions like this one are under immense pressure to speak with the media. They've probably been fighting off constant requests for interviews for weeks. It does make sense to do one high-profile interview with a well-known media outlet, and if they're offered a fee, there's no good reason not to take it.

And finally, they revealed that they plan to buy a caravan, travel around Australia, and find a new place to settle down. That's quite a wholesome way to use some of the money, especially in an economic climate in which home ownership is out of reach for a lot of average people, and it's perfectly understandable that they'd want to leave Carnarvon and start a new life elsewhere.

The sad truth is that parents of killed or abducted children always, always come under a lot of criticism, no matter what they do. It happened to Lindy Chamberlain and we haven't learned a lesson from it. Everyone thinks crimes of this nature only happen to bad parents. Everyone thinks the parents handle it badly.

The parents of CS were criticised for not waking up when CS was abducted, and for having a tent with a partition. They were accused of being complicit in some unspeakable crime, were judged for using social media to try to find their daughter, and are now being judged for giving an interview and taking a fee for it. And of course there are still people saying "I don't like the look of that stepdad" or "I think the mum knew the alleged perpetrator." None of this is fair.

We don't know what they've been through, or what they're still going through. We don't know how much money they have or whether they can afford ongoing psychiatric support for CS. We don't know whether they would have been able to move out of Carnarvon without financial help, and we don't know how they might use the money to secure a bright future for a traumatised little girl. We don't know, and we don't need to know, because it's their call.

I don't judge the parents at all for taking a generous fee, and I'm somewhat disappointed that they're attracting so much criticism for doing so.

Firstly, CS was not interviewed - just the parents.

Secondly, one thing that was very clear in the interview is that the family generally, and CS in particular, will be affected by this horrific event forever. Any sum of money that can ease the pressure in practical ways may be helpful. I would think of it more as compensation than winning the lottery, since it barely offsets what they've suffered.

Thirdly, people in positions like this one are under immense pressure to speak with the media. They've probably been fighting off constant requests for interviews for weeks. It does make sense to do one high-profile interview with a well-known media outlet, and if they're offered a fee, there's no good reason not to take it.

And finally, they revealed that they plan to buy a caravan, travel around Australia, and find a new place to settle down. That's quite a wholesome way to use some of the money, especially in an economic climate in which home ownership is out of reach for a lot of average people, and it's perfectly understandable that they'd want to leave Carnarvon and start a new life elsewhere.

The sad truth is that parents of killed or abducted children always, always come under a lot of criticism, no matter what they do. It happened to Lindy Chamberlain and we haven't learned a lesson from it. Everyone thinks crimes of this nature only happen to bad parents. Everyone thinks the parents handle it badly.

The parents of CS were criticised for not waking up when CS was abducted, and for having a tent with a partition. They were accused of being complicit in some unspeakable crime, were judged for using social media to try to find their daughter, and are now being judged for giving an interview and taking a fee for it. And of course there are still people saying "I don't like the look of that stepdad" or "I think the mum knew the alleged perpetrator." None of this is fair.

We don't know what they've been through, or what they're still going through. We don't know how much money they have or whether they can afford ongoing psychiatric support for CS. We don't know whether they would have been able to move out of Carnarvon without financial help, and we don't know how they might use the money to secure a bright future for a traumatised little girl. We don't know, and we don't need to know, because it's their call.

I wholeheartedly agree with every point you make here. I couldn't have said it any better myself.

School, sleepovers and a new independence: C S and her family search for a fresh start
news.com.au/national/school-sleepovers-and-a-new-independence-how-c-s-is-recovering-from-her-abduction/c3059915-f264-45e9-ae9b-5d47961b4151?ref=BP_RSS_ninenews_0_school--sleepovers-and-a-new-independence_110222

"And when that charge was put to him, the doll-obsessed loner uttered just one word: “Guilty”
Other charges faced by Kelly have been adjourned."

Other charges? The assault against an officer charge or something else?

TK has told a court he didn’t assault a police officer while in custody following his arrest.

He appeared in Carnarvon Magistrates Court via a video link from Perth's Casuarina Prison on Friday, where he pleaded not guilty to the assault charge.

He's due to appear in Perth's District Court via video link from prison in May.

tk-denies-assaulting-police/100960594

Terence Darrell Kelly Court Case - 2nd & 13th May - Possesion of Child Exploitation Material x 10 and Non disclosed charges

Is listed for Sentence Mention List - Perth

KELLY, Terence Darrell (via video link)

**02/05/2022** 9:30am 783/2021 Not Disclosed Video Conferencing - Casuarina Magistrates Court Carnarvon Courthouse

KELLY, Terence Darrell (Appearance not required)

**13/05/2022** 9:00am PER IND 96 2022 Not Disclosed Guilty Sentence Mention List
District Court 500 Hay Street Perth

**and** **10 charges as below**

KELLY, Terence Darrell

**13/05/2022** 10:00am 15288/2022 Possessed child exploitation material Police - Summonses Magistrates Court Central Law Courts
501 Hay Street, PERTH

Terence Darrell Kelly Court Case - 2nd & 13th May - Possesion of Child Exploitation Material x 10 and Non disclosed charges

Is listed for Sentence Mention List - Perth

KELLY, Terence Darrell (via video link)

**02/05/2022** 9:30am 783/2021 Not Disclosed Video Conferencing - Casuarina Magistrates Court Carnarvon Courthouse

KELLY, Terence Darrell (Appearance not required)

**13/05/2022** 9:00am PER IND 96 2022 Not Disclosed Guilty Sentence Mention List
District Court 500 Hay Street Perth

**and** **10 charges as below**

KELLY, Terence Darrell

**13/05/2022** 10:00am 15288/2022 Possessed child exploitation material Police - Summonses Magistrates Court Central Law Courts
501 Hay Street, PERTH

"Possesion of Child Exploitation Material x 10 and Non disclosed charges"

I do not like the sound of that!

Agreed.

What we feared.

You can watch the YouTube video by entering in their search bar "World Exclusive CS". It's the first video.

Thanks for this, I just watched and came over all emotional. What a beautiful, strong family. I wish them all the best and hope they enjoy the opportunity for a fresh start. No money in the world will be able to make up for what they endured.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back