Australia Australia - Theo Hayez, 18, Belgian backpacker, Byron Bay, June 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Below is the 60 degree diagram overlapped with the phones known movement. I’m out of my depth with the telco bits, but want to raise that the Milne track falls within this radius. If Theo’s phone retraced it’s earlier path, it may have pinged on 1st June between Milne Street and Cowper Street right? If he (or his phone) left the beach the way he/it came, his cap may have fallen or been dropped on the return trip too.

Attachments

• 6FF281F3-A5D0-4F04-B2D1-FCE5FB39D2B4.jpeg
    6FF281F3-A5D0-4F04-B2D1-FCE5FB39D2B4.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 52
Key points:
  • The Hayez family said the scenario presented to them was that Theo wandered up to the Cape Byron Lighthouse and fell into the ocean.
  • They reject that scenario because they believe Theo would not have roamed off alone
  • The family are appealing for fresh information about what happened after Theo left the Cheeky Monkeys bar on May 31.
Theo Hayez's family reject police theory that backpacker fell into ocean

It sounds as if Theo's family is frustrated by the coronial process. I must admit it takes a long time for an inquest to happen due to the busy coronial calendar.

(From your link)
Mr Pector, speaking on behalf of the family, said they had not heard anything yet from the coroner and felt they had been left in the dark about the procedure and any progress.
The NSW Coroner's Court disputed the family's account of no contact and said the registrar had written to the parents of Theo Hayez and explained the coronial process in relation to their son.

When I contacted the NSW coroner's office back in the Gary Tweddle case, they were pretty prompt in their response to me.

Below is the 60 degree diagram overlapped with the phones known movement. I’m out of my depth with the telco bits, but want to raise that the Milne track falls within this radius. If Theo’s phone retraced it’s earlier path, it may have pinged on 1st June between Milne Street and Cowper Street right? If he (or his phone) left the beach the way he/it came, his cap may have fallen or been dropped on the return trip too.
I think this a plausible theory.

Why should the family and BB community have to wait 1-2-3 years for the coronial enquiry to start. We are a wealthy country. Just employ more professionals to reduce these wait times for the sake of the families of missing persons. The timeframe for William Tyrrell is a joke. And so is 20 years to arrest someone.

Why should the family and BB community have to wait 1-2-3 years for the coronial enquiry to start. We are a wealthy country. Just employ more professionals to reduce these wait times for the sake of the families of missing persons. The timeframe for William Tyrrell is a joke. And so is 20 years to arrest someone.

I guess it depends on how many tax $$$ you want to pay. More govt officials = more taxes with which to pay them.

I guess it depends on how many tax $$$ you want to pay. More govt officials = more taxes with which to pay them.
Our leaders spend plenty of wasted time and money pandering to economists, big business, property developers, politicians, religious zealots, foreign countries and world leaders at the expense of our own natural land and normal sensible Australians and their families. Instead of population growth, consumerism and climate change, we need to re-focus our priorities NOW. We are a greedy, arrogant, two-legged species in denial, and too adept at making excuses for the inexcusable.

Our leaders spend plenty of wasted time and money pandering to economists, big business, property developers, politicians, religious zealots, foreign countries and world leaders at the expense of our own natural land and normal sensible Australians and their families. Instead of population growth, consumerism and climate change, we need to re-focus our priorities NOW. We are a greedy, arrogant, two-legged species in denial, and too adept at making excuses for the inexcusable.

Climate change? Our own natural land? Normal sensible Australians? Hmmmm...

Ok back to Theo.

I can't remember if the family was asked permission to put Théo's profile in that particular forum. As the aim is to find their son I doubt they would disagree.

Also one has to take into account the huge difference of mentalities between the australian and the belgian ones. I live in the Brussels area and I almost fell down discovering the australian one.

You live in Brussels area?

Wow I never knew that.

I look at alot of the news coverage of Theo over there and translate it.

The different reporting is interesting.

I like to keep up to date with the news over there as sometimes I have seen the Belgian police feedback on some stories after they were here in AU.

Just placing this one down here. What if Theo lost his cap whilst returning along the beach track to Milne.

We all take it that it dropped whilst he was heading for the beach. An alternative thought is that it dropped whilst trying to leave.

I raised these same questions.

My only thoughts were after doing this walk, why on earth he would want to battle that bush again when he could have just walked through car park and along the road instead to get out.

But everything so far makes no sense really and there is that missing pocket of GPS locations so we dont know which way out if any he went.

I raised these same questions.

My only thoughts were after doing this walk, why on earth he would want to battle that bush again when he could have just walked through car park and along the road instead to get out.

But everything so far makes no sense really and there is that missing pocket of GPS locations so we dont know which way out if any he went.

The only reasoning I can produce is because the alternatives were no- go, or unsafe.

His movements beyond CC are a complete mystery, even with the estimated location range of that final ping. He could’ve got on a boat for all we know.

I wonder if the police have a better idea of where Theo's phone last pinged than we realise (from Telstra records).

When I place the Telstra towers onto the '60 degree' map, it seems that the 60 degrees was calculated from the further Telstra tower in town.
Yet there is a Telstra tower right at the lighthouse.

So, unless the lighthouse tower was full or out of action that night and the following day, some triangulation - and some specificity - should have been possible on Theo's last phone ping. imo

60 degree map with T's marking the position of the Telstra towers:
zzzzz.JPG

The raw data which I compiled the above map from:
zzz.png zzzz.JPG
RFNSA

I
The police are not in the habit of releasing private information to the public. They only release what they need assistance with. It is up to witnesses, the PI, volunteers to go to the police if they stumble on further info. Totally normal procedure. Theo is no different from the other missing persons or victims of crime in this country.

The PI did say that the police have released information to him ... which he, of course, is keeping private.
I didn’t hear him say the police have released information to him?

Understand however pod 4 Lisa and family seem ill informed hence them walking the track with locals etc. perhaps they don’t have that much information as we think/ hoped
I doubt it was the first time they’d walked the track. They would have been doing it again for the purposes of the podcast. Michael said in the podcast they accessed the google data mid June.

He said the police gave him the Telstra records.

(Due to privacy laws which relate to PIs as well, law enforcement/officials are the only ones that can get those records from the telco carriers.)
I didn’t hear that at all. Which episode was it in?

I didn’t hear that at all. Which episode was it in?

Go back and look at my post again. Post #156. I have edited it to include the link and where in the podcast to listen to what Ken stated.

Ken apparently has all of the police notes, timeline and other relevant information - at the courtesy of the NSW police. imo

(If you research PI rules of conduct, as I did last night, you will find that the police are not obliged to give Ken anything at all. Ken is under the same privacy restrictions as the general public. His skills should be how to find things out from 'open sources'.)

Last edited:
I am not sure if this has been raised but I have had a look on Instagram of photos posted on the 31st of May from Tallow beach. There are very little photos posted in general around that time with only one being at night. It's of a group of around 7 early 20s sitting on the beach around a fire. From what I can tell it's mostly tourists with perhaps a couple of local's. I'd be interested to know if they have been spoken to or could confirm the activities on the beach that night. I also find it interesting how that is the only photo... If there was a party I'd assume perhaps a few more would have been posted ?

It was discussed on the podcast and The Australian ran a story on that particular photo as well. I dont think there has been any updates if they have been contacted though.

I am only posting the below information as found the photo on IG and am not identifying the user's details here.

The time that I found that photo to be posted on Instagram myself was 31/5 at 252pm so IMO, they were not there that night. Maybe the night before and posted the pic the next day.

The +10 means that daylight savings was not in effect at the time.

I have posted my own photos on IG since and gone back and run the same tests for the times and the times have been 100% correct with when I uploaded my photos and went back later, I screenshot my photo as I upload it to see the time I actually did it and was correct to the second.

All again IMOO

upload_2019-12-1_11-55-30.png

upload_2019-12-1_11-47-40.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads