Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is it accepted that a 12 yr old is having sex? If anyone knows this is happening, they should be reporting it on behalf of the child. Why is the child/victim blamed? If it isn't the twerking, it's the way they dress, or behave or smile etc. Where do the excuses end?

I'm saying sex between 2 parties, both being underage and this happens all the time, but because both parties are underage, society sees no real issue with this, i do but society of today doesn't and i believe what is deemed acceptable in todays society that makes it happen even more. Take a moment, go onto youtube and see what, not only the youth of today are watching, but what they are posting themselves, and by the sounds of your posts i think you're going to be shocked and have a wake up call.

I work in child protection in Australia and it is very common with guardianship children to associate with older men. They are traumatised children and seek attention and love even when it is the wrong character. In Australia we make reports when the children make disclosures, but most of the time nothing is done about it because the girls refuse to talk to authorities. Even if there's evidence of an assault, if the young girl refuses to make a statement, the case is closed.

I've sat back and watched this thread for a while but wanted to add.
Growing up as a ward of the state I was in both institutionalized care (2 different homes) and then was fostered by a relative at 13.

One of the group homes was fantastic and run by the government , the other the Salvation Army and was so strict and beatings occurred regularly . The in home foster care was a nightmare . I'm all for institutalised care if it's run properly .

Children in foster care have often been exposed to way more then they should . They often associate sex with love . They are often very sexually actively at a young age as they want to feel loved and wanted. The cretins in society know this and prey on these volnurable children and take advantage of them.

It's not until the foster children are older and realize with adult eyes looking back how bad the situations were .

The foster children don't report it as unfortunately to get justice ii is a long drawn out process and in Australia the court system is a joke and the perpetrator only gets a few years jail .

Just my 2 cents worth here 😎

I'm saying sex between 2 parties, both being underage and this happens all the time, but because both parties are underage, society sees no real issue with this, i do but society of today doesn't and i believe what is deemed acceptable in todays society that makes it happen even more. Take a moment, go onto youtube and see what, not only the youth of today are watching, but what they are posting themselves, and by the sounds of your posts i think you're going to be shocked and have a wake up call.

"Society sees no issue with this" - speak for yourself. I have a huge legitimate issue with an 18 year old or even a 17 or 16 year old and so on having a sexual relationship with a 12 year old child, and I know many others do, too. It's bad enough that children of the same age of 12 or 13 are having sex, but an older teenager with a 12 year old is just so wrong, least of all a vulnerable 12 year old in foster care! I can't believe the people who I quoted that said they don't believe Trent raping Tia was sinister. Of course it's not socially acceptable for a teenager of his age to be having sex with a young girl.

And sorry, but your argument about girls having crushes on Justin Bieber is pitiful! Tia's grandma said Tia allegedly said she had a crush on Trent. So what, girls develop crushes all the time. I had crushes on movie stars when I was in primary school. That was no green light for Trent to engage in a sexual relationship with (read: rape) Tia. He was clearly the older one of the two, it was his moral obligation and responsibility to make sure none of that happened. Tia, on the other hand, was a young girl with a (let's be honest here) somewhat troubled upbringing - it wouldn't be surprising if she was yearning for attention or affection in a way a child does. Anyway, who even knows if it was "consensual". Just because Tia may have had a crush on Trent doesn't mean this child "wanted" to have sex with him. He is such a vile individual, I wouldn't put it past him to have manipulated, blackmailed or even forced Tia into having sex. It disgusting either way and no, it's not okay and should not be accepted as the norm.

Show me where it states he was 18, she lived with them for 10 months prior to her disappearance, this would put him at 17 when she was living there and just turned 18 when she was murdered.

Trent was arrested in September at the age of 19. Trent messaged his cousin on facebook last year the day before Tia is alleged to have been killed (the 29th of October), admitting that he had "had sex" with Tia the prior Monday, making him 18 at the time of the rape.

Even if he had been 17 at the time of raping Tia, it would have still been morally wrong and possibly unlawful, too (I'm not too sure about the laws revolving around age of consent in QLD, although I do know that the age of consent for general sexual activity is 16).

'society' appears to have a lot of issues with it, because , as is plain and obvious to all but the most determined Trent Thorburn fan to see, this is precisely why Trent is up on charges.. 'Society' ,, that's me, and my next door neighbor support and uphold these laws against it, out taxes pay to enforce these laws, our police and officers of the court are paid to uphold and maintain these laws, so I am at a loss as to just which 'society' you are speaking of....... .

This loose claim that it happens all the time has to have some kind of substance to it, apart from the posters' feelings, or perhaps, hopes and wishes.. it just doesn't work that way. And the claim of 'society' deeming it acceptable, that simply isn't borne out by facts.. there has never been to my knowledge any push or protest by 'society' to have these laws overturned, and that would be some measurable sign of 'society' deeming this activity 'normal'

Youth today is no different to youth of yesterday, .. and it is a bit disturbing to find that people are looking on utube to find out ways to sling off at youth today for some fleeting gratification ... leave it be, and have a bit of a wake up call yourself, at what you are pretending to project as 'normal' for what I suspect are very dubious reasons, and nothing to do with Tia Palmer.

'society' appears to have a lot of issues with it, because , as is plain and obvious to all but the most determined Trent Thorburn fan to see, this is precisely why Trent is up on charges.. 'Society' ,, that's me, and my next door neighbor support and uphold these laws against it, out taxes pay to enforce these laws, our police and officers of the court are paid to uphold and maintain these laws, so I am at a loss as to just which 'society' you are speaking of....... .

This loose claim that it happens all the time has to have some kind of substance to it, apart from the posters' feelings, or perhaps, hopes and wishes.. it just doesn't work that way. And the claim of 'society' deeming it acceptable, that simply isn't borne out by facts.. there has never been to my knowledge any push or protest by 'society' to have these laws overturned, and that would be some measurable sign of 'society' deeming this activity 'normal'

Youth today is no different to youth of yesterday, .. and it is a bit disturbing to find that people are looking on utube to find out ways to sling off at youth today for some fleeting gratification ... leave it be, and have a bit of a wake up call yourself, at what you are pretending to project as 'normal' for what I suspect are very dubious reasons, and nothing to do with Tia Palmer.

You clearly don't understand my point, but i'll leave my posts up for those that do.

You can paint it any way you like but the facts speak for themselves, there are stats that show girls younger than 11 are sexually active by choice. Tiffany Taylor for example. Her 'boyfriend' was way older than her, where are the charges for sexual assault? She was 12, he was her carer, why no incest charges?
There are schools that have programs now for pregnant students, young parents and they are that young, sad but true.
Don't shoot the messenger, the poster above is obviously in the know.

You can paint it any way you like but the facts speak for themselves, there are stats that show girls younger than 11 are sexually active by choice. Tiffany Taylor for example. Her 'boyfriend' was way older than her, where are the charges for sexual assault? She was 12, he was her career, why no incest charges?
There are schools that have programs now for pregnant students, young parents and they are that young, sad but true.
Don't shoot the messenger, the poster above is obviously in the know.

there are no facts that point to this being 'normal' or accepted as 'normal'.. there are no facts that point to this being the general run of things rather than an aberration. There are no facts that point that this is an overwhelming number of events, , and no one is saying it never happens, or that it never has ever happened in the history of the world. It has, and it does, but it isn't regarded as the norm, and it isn't regarded as lawful activity, and it isn't happening all across Australia, as the general rule of things, wherein it is regarded as ordinary... It isn't, and it isn't regarded as such, by the community, nor by the laws of the country as of this current time.

there is no reason to assume Tia was a willing and consensual partner to this sexual activity. She told a friend that Trent was continually groping her, and that she thought perhaps telling his mother might end it, apparently it didn't. She ran away 10 times in 10 months. .. doesn't sound like a crush to me. Sounds like a young child faced with horrible circumstances and doing what she could to end them. No where, anywhere, except in the imagination of those to whom the powerless girls struggle is somewhat titillating , can Tia be transposed into some sort of predatory sexual landmine ready made to explode the careers of young and snappy tapdancers, try as hard as one can, that one just isn't going to fly.

And she ended up dead. The ones who end up dead, are the ones who don't co-operate in this situation, generally. And the final word on the matter could go to Rick and Trent. She was murdered because she might have told authorities on what was going on, and both Trent and Rick knew what they were doing to Tia wasn't 'normal', right? . She was murdered so that people wouldn't know what abnormality his son had been up to, correct?.. isn't that the defence presented so far? .. If it wasn't normal, and if Rick and Trent didn't think and know it wasn't normal, her death is inexplicable. But it isn't, according to what either Trent or Rick told police, ... that Trent would be imprisoned for his illegal, abnormal, deviant sexual behaviour with Tia, and she was murdered to protect this deviant son from this consequence.

So.. .. what we know is, that both Rick and Trent were well aware of the consequences of their action.. And it is fair to say that Josh and Julene were well aware of the illegality and abnormality and deviance of their son and brother's actions. They perjured themselves, and tried to pervert the course of justice for the sole reason of protecting him from the consequences of this criminal activity. If they, as 'society' thought it was normal, why all this palaver? . why not do it on the main street, at high noon? .

Because they knew it was abnormal, they knew it was deviant, and they knew it was illegal. that's why. .

I don't believe that anyone thinks it is normal or lawful but if you have normal teens in your life, ask them or check their social media.

there are no facts that point to this being 'normal' or accepted as 'normal'.. there are no facts that point to this being the general run of things rather than an aberration. There are no facts that point that this is an overwhelming number of events, , and no one is saying it never happens, or that it never has ever happened in the history of the world. It has, and it does, but it isn't regarded as the norm, and it isn't regarded as lawful activity, and it isn't happening all across Australia, as the general rule of things, wherein it is regarded as ordinary... It isn't, and it isn't regarded as such, by the community, nor by the laws of the country as of this current time.

:goodpost: So on point Trooper! I want to say more but you've said it perfectly!

I think the current situation with RT is, he has not spoken and has not cooperated.

there is no reason to assume Tia was a willing and consensual partner to this sexual activity. She told a friend that Trent was continually groping her, and that she thought perhaps telling his mother might end it, apparently it didn't. She ran away 10 times in 10 months. .. doesn't sound like a crush to me. Sounds like a young child faced with horrible circumstances and doing what she could to end them. No where, anywhere, except in the imagination of those to whom the powerless girls struggle is somewhat titillating , can Tia be transposed into some sort of predatory sexual landmine ready made to explode the careers of young and snappy tapdancers, try as hard as one can, that one just isn't going to fly.

And she ended up dead. The ones who end up dead, are the ones who don't co-operate in this situation, generally. And the final word on the matter could go to Rick and Trent. She was murdered because she might have told authorities on what was going on, and both Trent and Rick knew what they were doing to Tia wasn't 'normal', right? . She was murdered so that people wouldn't know what abnormality his son had been up to, correct?.. isn't that the defence presented so far? .. If it wasn't normal, and if Rick and Trent didn't think and know it wasn't normal, her death is inexplicable. But it isn't, according to what either Trent or Rick told police, ... that Trent would be imprisoned for his illegal, abnormal, deviant sexual behaviour with Tia, and she was murdered to protect this deviant son from this consequence.

So.. .. what we know is, that both Rick and Trent were well aware of the consequences of their action.. And it is fair to say that Josh and Julene were well aware of the illegality and abnormality and deviance of their son and brother's actions. They perjured themselves, and tried to pervert the course of justice for the sole reason of protecting him from the consequences of this criminal activity. If they, as 'society' thought it was normal, why all this palaver? . why not do it on the main street, at high noon? .

Because they knew it was abnormal, they knew it was deviant, and they knew it was illegal. that's why. .

I think the current situation with RT is, he has not spoken and has not cooperated.

yes I am well aware of that, which is why I said in my post, 'either Rick OR Trent told police.'.... it is one or the other, because that is the motive that police stated this murder was committed for., .. It would be radical to claim that the police made that idea up on the spur of the moment. It had to come from one or the other of them.

Could you be anymore on point? :) Wonderful, Trooper!

I'm at a loss why TT is being excused for the abuse he perpetrated on Tiah. It's coming across loud and clear to me that anyone over 18 is absolved of wrong doing because all the 11/12 year olds and younger are doing 'it' and it's society's fault.

I'm at a loss why TT is being excused for the abuse he perpetrated on Tiah. It's coming across loud and clear to me that anyone over 18 is absolved of wrong doing because all the 11/12 year olds and younger are doing 'it' and it's society's fault.

mornin' Prime.. there has been, since this thread began, a constant drip , drip , drip of suchlike comments, all inexorably pointing to the wonderfulness of Hairdo Bro and the carelessness of Tia, all forgetting that this is a victim friendly forum, for those who wish to push the Trent barrow, there is ample room to start a Trent Adoration Thread....

I don't know how many followers that could engage, but there is certainly the provision to do so , instead of cluttering up this thread. The child is dead. Murdered. Left on a river bank to decompose. 4 people, the members of one family knew all this, and it is quite possible that at least 2 knew before the murder, but for certain 4 knew immediately the murder was committed.

Everything this family did was deviant. Murder was the final peak of performance, but they had been climbing the ladder of abnormal long before this peak was reached..

No one on here has said this, nor implying anything youve quoted here at all. Which thread are you reading

While you are arguing the point of over sexualisation of our children in society - believe me it is endemic. Teachers, guidance officers and principals are continually dealing with the fall out from this - children are under real pressure. These 'relationships' between teenagers- underage teenagers. Parents condoning yes CONDONING 14 year old boys sleeping over with 13 year old girls (alone in their room), 14 year old girls experimenting with lesbian relationships and having 3 somes. The sexting and nude selfies that get posted on FB or snapchat (that parents don't get to see because they evaporate once they are viewed). The self harm and the psychological games that get played after the relationship ends badly ....

School's ban dances and free dress days simply because kids are wearing revealing and see through clothing and bring alcohol. The move of grade 7 to high school - worst move ever, the 11 year olds going on 12 are at the mercy of the attention of those no hoper 18 year olds that prey on their attention.:scared:

While you are arguing the point of over sexualisation of our children in society - believe me it is endemic. Teachers, guidance officers and principals are continually dealing with the fall out from this - children are under real pressure. These 'relationships' between teenagers- underage teenagers. Parents condoning yes CONDONING 14 year old boys sleeping over with 13 year old girls (alone in their room), 14 year old girls experimenting with lesbian relationships and having 3 somes. The sexting and nude selfies that get posted on FB or snapchat (that parents don't get to see because they evaporate once they are viewed). The self harm and the psychological games that get played after the relationship ends badly ....

School's ban dances and free dress days simply because kids are wearing revealing and see through clothing and bring alcohol. The move of grade 7 to high school - worst move ever, the 11 year olds going on 12 are at the mercy of the attention of those no hoper 18 year olds that prey on their attention.:scared:

We can play a small part in correcting the situation, it does come down to each and every one of us whether we like it or not. Throwing hands up and feeling helpless isn't helping children who are being abused and whose caregivers are condoning it. JMO

I agree this happens, it isn't something that never happens, but I don't agree that it's worse than when I , or perhaps you were a teenager, or a pre-teen.. the only thing I think is worse, is the danger on public transport for young women, while that was an occasional horror in my early youth, it now appears to be endemic, according to my teenage acquaintances . .. whether this is promoted to obtain a lift or as a reality, I cant tell. I accept it , though. I was a teenager, post pill, yet today, there seems , and I am careful to state, seems, not is, I don't know the stats, more teenage pregnancy than back in the 80's, why is this? I don't know.

But it isn't the general situation. It makes headlines precisely because it ISNT the general situation. Trent's crime is considered horrific, because it isn't the general situation.. .

the thing I find odd , is, there is no mention of drugs or alcohol in regard to this situation, this family, or Tia.. no claim or concern that drugs, and/or alcohol played any part in the life of these 5 people, Rick, Julene, Trent, Josh and Tia. Not a whisper of it. .. ..

According to statistics, this is a little bit unusual. Generally, alcohol , either in the perpetrator or the victim, or both , plays a big part and among teenage crime, both drugs (illegal and legal ) play a hefty part of the crime itself. ...

So in that respect, this is , if not wildly unusual, it is somewhat significant, statistically, that apparently these factors were not a part of the Thorburn's crime against Tia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattvaspa895