Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect I am going to be just as ropable when Madam Lash, aka Julene is sentenced on November 3rd......

Lets pray Julene and the miserable piece of garbage Rick get heftier sentences. Julene will suffer way more in prison than her sons. Brisbanes womens prison is not a nice place for child killers.

So far, the story is.... in this one house, in suburban Qld, where a day care centre is operating , lives a woman, her husband and 2 sons. And, a 12 yr old foster daughter.

Known only to the mother, one of the sons is a paedophile, and the husband is currently on charges of paedophilia for sexually interfering with one very young child of 4 and one child of 11. Sisters, as it happens.. In the one house, 2 paedophiles, father and son, apparently unknown to each other in that respect. Is this credible?

The sexually deviant son comes to his mother and expresses his fears about his possible impregnation of his 12 yr old foster sister. So, the mother tells the sexually deviant father, already under police suspicion and , one would hope, somewhat monitored... And here is where credibility becomes stretched.

The story then apparently drops the mother and the silly older son and the sexually deviant son out of the picture entirely. . Apparently, the sexually deviant father takes over the situation, single handed, murders the 12 yr old foster daughter, disposes of her body, and her artifacts, ( school bag, uniform, etc ) ... sits up at the tea table and claims the child has run away. The mother impresses the boys with this story and the necessity of utterly sticking to it, regardless of who questions them, police, detectives, Commission barristers etc.

She absolutely runs this part of the story with an iron hand because none of them, even the silly son , breaks ranks and blabs. Not a blink, not a hesitation, so into the fantasy of the run away foster sister that they actually accept her dancing prize for her..

So into the fantasy is the sexually deviant father that when the poor little body is found, discarded on the Pimpana river bank, he, arrayed in purple, insists on being a pallbearer.

And I am meant to believe that the only person in that house who knew the son was a sexual deviant and the husband was a sexual deviant is the mother. That when the sexually deviant son told his mother to take care of his problem, he didn't know his father was a sexual deviant also?... or.. that the mother told the father about his sons difficulty even though she knew he was a sexual deviant?...

I reckon Julene was there at the killing of Tiah.. assisting , probably instructing, and it isn't improbable that somewhere down the track, this year, Rick Thorburn is going to throw in the towel about it, and throw Julene under the bus.. The story of being scared of Rick has merit, but being scared of Julene is the family secret, and the fact that Trent told Mum.. not Dad, about his problem points to the direction of where the organisation in this vile family emanates from.

That sentence is way too light.

Am I remembering rightly that he wasn't charged with statutory rape because incest was a "heavier" charge?

I think I could cope with somewhere around 15 years for statutory rape/incest without violence and/or threats. 4 years is ridiculous.

Rick claim was, he had to murder Tiah because if he didn't, she would tell on his son Trent, and then Trent's time in prison would be hard ' due to his sexual preferences'... unquote.. that was Rick's 'reason ' if you will for the crime.

Rick's idea of 'sexual preferences' may leave a lot to be desired, and in any event may be entirely irrelevant, but his statement, one of so very few so far reported claims this working operative that 'explains' the murder.

Now.. did it mean that Rick thought Trent was homosexually inclined and his time in prison for incest and child rape would be more difficult than for your average sexual criminal in those unforgiving Qld prisons? .. or was Rick, projecting his own fears about his own future in a tough Qld prison for the upcoming trial on child rape accusations, putting forward his own deeply held terror for the consequences that await him and pretending to be good old altruistic Dad, willing to commit even murder of a child to prevent the Golden Boy (afflicted with the same criminal bent as Dad, ) suffering the same fate as himself?.

Was this Julene's position also , when she held the family meeting to underline the storyline that must be adhered to?... quite possibly.

cheers Trooper - meaningful communication as always. ( plse know that my absence of posts have certainly entailed 'absence of thoughts' )

IMO, Rick is a deviant & self-serving opportunist, he will throw anyone under the bus if he thinks that may help in his self-preservation ... even his sons. What an A//:($&& ... this is the scum that we need to rid our society of ... ..

I do pray for strength for our law enforcers & our judicial system .. they need to be committed to our values, and to lay down the sentences that will ultimately deliver the message of what our society stands for, what is acceptable, and what is not.

Everything about this situation certainly exemplifies what is unacceptable IMO.... This child was IN CARE .. are they for real ? DOCS ... wake up ... someone get some balls, take a stance & make a difference .. Please ... If you can't, harness some others who will .. Please ..

Champ.. thankyou for the relay of news, deeply appreciated...

I am offended that he didn't get more , and that his lying to the police, perverting the course of justice, and lying to the Royal Commission hasn't been addressed by a specific sentence having to be served for that.. ..

But how chilling , how truly vile is this... "His confession to his mother was the catalyst for Tiahleigh's murder," Mr Nardone said........

Trent knew his mothers temperament.... he knew he was putting TIa in the most dreadful harms way, but he wanted Mum to take care of it.. .. why tell her otherwise? Why not let mum and dad, as a team, take care of this inconvenience in the way that would teach Tia not to be so irresistible..

vile rotten scum of people.

i'm with you Trooper .. I'm appalled that Trent seems to have been totally absolved of any sentence in respect to his lies to the police, to his actions in perverting the course of justice, and his lies under oath ..

Yep, he's played the card that he told his Mum ( can't you just see it.. Him in tears, heartfelt chat with Mum .. I couldn't help it, it just happened .. )

Well learnt lessons it seems to me - how much do those parents have to answer for ! Yes you too Juleen. You are an adult, a Mother .. no way should you allow any male to compromise the safety of your children..

OMG .. ...

He is either not getting legal advice or really bad advice. This could backfire in his face (appeal) He would be better to serve the little time he has to go.

Beyond disgraceful IMO. Where is the Justice for Tiahleigh & her family?

He is either not getting legal advice or really bad advice. This could backfire in his face (appeal) He would be better to serve the little time he has to go.

He would be doing this on the advisement of his legal team, surely?

Trent withdrew his bail application. Appeal is set down for Oct 11

http://www.couriermail.com.au/quest...s/news-story/2d4981e74dacda17a46b62338fd62a47

Bardon20–29°C

All
News
Sport
Comps
Digital Editions
Classifieds
Real Estate
Photos

All
Select Region
Find local tradies
News
Small Business

The mother of murdered Logan schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer, Cindi, pictured in December.
The mother of murdered Logan schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer, Cindi, pictured in December.
Logan
Commissioner apologises to Tiahleigh’s mum after child safety reports
Judith Kerr, Quest Newspapers
September 8, 2017 8:38am

THE 2015 death of a Logan schoolgirl featured largely in three state government reports released on Thursday outlining funding and measures to improve child safety.

The reports into Queensland’s child protection system, foster care system and blue card scheme were drafted after the death of 12-year-old Tiahleigh Palmer, whose foster father was charged with her murder.

The reports were released without informing the girl’s natural mother, Cindi Palmer, who lashed out at the government for leaving her out of the loop. Ms Palmer said she thought the recommendations were a “band-aid fix” but said expanding blue-card qualifications was a great start. She called for any changes to be rolled out nationally because the problems were not confined to Queensland.

Child Safety Minister Shannon Fentiman told Albert & Logan News it was an oversight.

“The Children’s Commissioner, Cheryl Vardon, who wrote and published the reports, undertook to inform Cyndi but she simply forgot to make the call yesterday,” Ms Fentiman said.

“She has phoned Cyndi to apologise and has issued a statement. Cyndi has accepted her apology.”

Ms Fentiman, whose Waterford electorate covers parts of Logan, said there were already 18 new child safety staff on the ground and about 51 more on their way over the next two years.

She said there were four new staff at the Beenleigh Child Safety Service Centre, three at the Browns Plains centre, two at the Logan Central centre and one at the Loganlea. Case loads had fallen at all three centres since March 2016.

“With our new investment this year we will see even more improvements, and we already know that 21 of these new regional staff are expected to be employed at the Beenleigh, Logan Central, Loganlea and Browns Plains centres within the next 12 months,” she said.

“We have increased the Beenleigh Child Safety Service Centre operating budget by more than 16 per cent from 2016-17 to 2017-18.

“The budget at the Browns Plains centre has been increased by 21 per cent, while at Logan Central is has increased by more than 16 per cent and at Loganlea it has increased by 26 per cent.”

It is a fine thing to enlarge the budget, even finer to employ more staff, but the problem was, in Tiah's case, a matter of deep stupidity in placing a vulnerable 12 yr old physically mature girl child in a home with 2 teenage boys... and a bit of research which would have dug up the general idea that the foster father was none too clean, either.

No amount of money can compensate for a system that employs demonstrable idiots, really, criminally careless idiots that have the power to dispose children hither and yon with a stroke of the pen and have them placed in such terrible , terrifying situations such as the Thorburns, who, on paper , as applicants ,should have been the last place a 12 yr old girl was sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery