Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, heads have rolled over this, no doubt not enough though. We have such weak leaders in this country so this criminal negligence will continue. The rights of Australian children have never before been under threat more than now. And it's only going to get worse.
IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was there anything to dig up on Thorburn prior to this?

Trent Thorburn denied appeal of sentence
7 News/AAP
Christine Flatley
40 minutes ago (as at 12:34 AEST 11 October 2017)

‘A court has refused to allow Trent Thorburn to appeal his four-year jail sentence for incest and perjury relating to his 12-year-old foster sister Tiahleigh Palmer.’

Read more at:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/37425340/trent-thorburn-asks-for-lighter-sentence/

well spotted, Bo.. I do like this bit..

'However the Court of Appeal in Brisbane on Wednesday dismissed the appeal saying Thorburn had been in solitary confinement for his own protection, and that this was adequately considered by the judge.

A nice nod to the expectation that criminals often deal with other criminals harsher than authority does...

Is any one aware if a trial date has been set for dad of the year (vomit)

Is any one aware if a trial date has been set for dad of the year (vomit)

No date set yet . Mama is sentenced next month. All been very hush hush on Rick front. He is being housed at Gatton prison. Trent is serving his time at Wacol. No easy prison farm for him to finish his sentence.

No date set yet . Mama is sentenced next month. All been very hush hush on Rick front. He is being housed at Gatton prison. Trent is serving his time at Wacol. No easy prison farm for him to finish his sentence.

i find the 'hush hush' on the Rick front most interesting. ....also the fact that all others are being dealt with first.

No easy time for Trent at Wacol for sure, and neither should there be . .. His actions are not acceptable, and he needs to understand that.

HOWEVER (now my comments may be controversial) ...there is a very old saying 'you lay down with dogs, you get up with fleas'..

That boy Trent grew up under the influence of Rick .. with apparently none of the 'usually accepted standards' re motherly guidance, values, protection etc.

IMO, forget his age, this boy is struggling with emotional maturity, to start with.. much more to come I would suggest.. wonder how much else Rick introduced him to ..

I would feel happier to have my Tax $$ invested in a salvation program for Trent outside of the prison system (in there he will be fodder for indoctrination to greater crimes )

All the above is just my personal opinion. I have no relationship, or knowledge of this family other than media portrayals, and Websleuth's community interactions. I am just trying to be objective & fair in my judgements

Joshua Thorburn released from Wacol today. Julene Thorburn due to be sentenced Nov 3rd.

Mother of slain schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer takes aim at justice system
news.com.au
Michael McCormack
Albert & Logan News
OCTOBER 27, 2017 11:50am

‘THE mother of schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer has taken aim at the justice system on the eve of the second anniversary of her daughter’s death.

Cindy Palmer posted to the Facebook page #Justice4Tiahleigh on Wednesday, with Josh Thorburn due to be released from prison today after serving three months behind bars for perjury and attempting to pervert the course of justice.’

‘“It has been brought to my attention that ... Josh Thorburn will be saying goodbye to his old life in prison and will (today) be let out to move on with and live a fulfilling life,” Ms Palmer wrote.

“He will be able to put this whole thing behind him and go on with his life. Just another kick in the face to show you how much more rights/protection and leniency criminals have these days.

“I will be sitting here going through court processes, dealing with the everyday heartbreak of the brutal death of my daughter while he goes on as if nothing happened.”

Ms Palmer finished the post with the hashtags #victimshavenorights, #justicesystemsucks and #therewillneverbeanyjusticeinthisworld.’

Read more at:

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...m/news-story/c11e59cc730fc998e746e82402a466c7

As sad as it is, we must remember that Josh did not kill nor molest that dear child, I don't think anything will ever be a proper punishment in the eyes of a parent for the loss of a child under these circumstances. Trent, his mother (who knew and did not take action) and the murderer himself are the criminals here, the ones who do need to be punished more.

Last night of freedom for mama tonight. 2pm sentence tomorrow.

Last night of freedom for mama tonight. 2pm sentence tomorrow.

today's the day.... I am prepared for disappointment... .. :underbus: this is about the only useful thing Julene can do at this point..... in regard to Rick.

and then, Champ... onto what will be a long and eventful episode of legal jiggery pokery with Rick Thorburn... I am almost convinced he is developing a handy case of insanity.

Julene has pled guilty to perverting the course of justice, .... 7 years is what the judge could give her...

She has also pled guilty to perjury... . Perjury is a very serious offence and the maximum penalty is 14 years in jail. If however the perjury was committed to try to get someone else convicted of a serious offence (one where the jail term is life imprisonment), then the person who committed the perjury can be jailed for life.

so, .... not running the sentences concurrently, that 's about 21 years, which would be quite ok with me. .. . anything less will be a measure of my disappointment with QLD judges....

Julene has pled guilty to perverting the course of justice, .... 7 years is what the judge could give her...

She has also pled guilty to perjury... . Perjury is a very serious offence and the maximum penalty is 14 years in jail. If however the perjury was committed to try to get someone else convicted of a serious offence (one where the jail term is life imprisonment), then the person who committed the perjury can be jailed for life.

so, .... not running the sentences concurrently, that 's about 21 years, which would be quite ok with me. .. . anything less will be a measure of my disappointment with QLD judges....

You're expecting to be disappointed, yes? It will be under 14 IMO FWIW. Acronym day.

You're expecting to be disappointed, yes? It will be under 14 IMO FWIW. Acronym day.
I will be amazed if she gets half that. But i have my fingers crossed that Tiahleighs family won't be let down as badly as we normally are by our "system" here in Qld.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

14 days?.. 14 months? 14 years?.. I don't understand your statement.

14 months wouldn't surprise me. it would disappoint me , hugely.

my point is, there is provision, under the law , to hurl her into the clink for 7 years, and 14 years, consecutively...... will that be done?...

14 days?.. 14 months? 14 years?.. I don't understand your statement.

14 months wouldn't surprise me. it would disappoint me , hugely.

my point is, there is provision, under the law , to hurl her into the clink for 7 years, and 14 years, consecutively...... will that be done?...

I'm brief because I'm ignorant, but I meant that I think the sentences will be concurrent because the two charges seem to be referring the the same event or set of events, and because sentences are normally concurrent unless there's a specific reason for making them consecutive. So, relying on the information you gave, 14 years would be the maximum, and it will probably be argued that there are mitigating factors (<your sarcastic explosion here>) and then a parole period will be set, reducing it further.

God, I hope it's more than 14 months.

Also, judges don't have absolutely free range to assign a sentence up to the maximum. There are rules about what factors have to be taken into account. https://queenslandlawhandbook.org.a...l-considerations-when-sentencing-an-offender/

Her perverting the course of justice, and her perjury were two separate events, .. .... that is, two crimes, whether both of them were about the one crime of another person ( R.Thorburn). .I believe even the QLD justice system will be able to consign both of these separate acts to each of their own penalty.... ... ..... surely

However...... I am expecting a big horrible chunk of disappointment... The child is dead, she knew alllllllllll about it, she lied about it, over and over again, ( perverting the course of justice on several separate occasions ) and then she lied to the Crime Commission outfit ( perjury, on several separate occasions ) ..

And she left the mother of the child in a hellish limbo.. And she 'forced' her underage children to lie , to perjure themselves, and to pervert the course of justice.

And she has a hideous haircut and a smackable face , either of which should get her a few extra years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabrinalyyn