Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a journalist is reading, please can you report the judge's sentencing remarks? How does he justify this?

Good question, here is another tweet from a 9 news reporter...:thinking:

[FONT=&quot]Clare Hunter‏Verified account @clarephunter9 [video=twitter;926323571428753409]https://twitter.com/clarephunter9/status/926323571428753409[/video]More

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Julene Thorburn sentenced to 18 months jail, she will serve 6 months in jail for her role in Tialeigh Palmer’s death @9NewsQueensland
[/FONT]
And this

#BREAKING Julene Thorburn sentenced to 18-months imprisonment, suspended after 6-months @7NewsBrisbane

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Won't need a trim once she gets in. Imo
dc4544f4e7bcddde13e557a494cb7d32.jpg

She must have done a deal to get off that lightly
Imo

She must have done a deal not to be charged with being an accessory. Ridiculous if there were further concessions.

She must have done a deal not to be charged with being an accessory. Ridiculous if there were further concessions.
Let's just hope that the "system" is saving up all the years not given so far in this case for next up, papa Rick. I wonder how his alleged child sexual abuse case/s are progressing? We won't hear anything at this stage of the game. Imo

I don't feel that this sentence is anything but a slap on the wrist. Very sad for Tiahleigh - I would have hoped these very serious crimes against an extremely vulnerable child would have been given much more weight. I don't understand it at all...pretty disgusted actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's just hope that the "system" is saving up all the years not given so far in this case for next up, papa Rick. I wonder how his alleged child sexual abuse case/s are progressing? We won't hear anything at this stage of the game. Imo

Rick deserves a life sentence on his own account. It will be no consolation for this sympathetic pat on the back for Julene. The light sentencing of the sons I can live with.

at this rate, Rick will be awarded a unit on the Gold Coast and an apology for the inconvenience.

No sorry not there today. I will make sure though I will be in the supreme court when Ricks trial starts. He has been put down to trial. No date as yet nor a plea. He cannot plead the insanity card as he has been assessed and they have found he is sane. My guess is first half next year trial for him.For those asking about QLD law and suspended sentence. If you are sentenced to up to 5 years in prison and have a conviction recorded, the court may suspend all, or part, of your sentence for a set period. If you commit another offence punishable by jail while you are on a suspended sentence, you must serve the original suspended prison period plus the sentence for the new offence. You are basically on parole for that period. Muck up in prison and you will not get your parole. Her first night will not be a pleasant one I am sure. Sleep well Julene. She kept silent not because of protecting her son but BECAUSE SHE WANTED TO PROTECT HER BLOODY LIFESTYLE. I hope the girls at Wacol welcome her warmly .

I think I would be more scared going to the womens prison than the mens!! Good luck Jools

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ther-gets-six-months-jail-for-dreadful-crimes

a bit more detail.. not that it matters,, it doesn't change the outcome....

'But Thorburn’s defence barrister, John Fraser, said she was “essentially” a good person and loving mother. He said she had fielded abusive phone calls and received “vile threats” over social media.

The couple’s son Trent was sentenced to four years’ imprisonment in September after pleading guilty to four charges, including perjury and incest. Their eldest son, Joshua, was jailed for three months in July after pleading guilty to the same charges as his mother.'

:sick::puke::puke::puke:

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ther-gets-six-months-jail-for-dreadful-crimes

a bit more detail.. not that it matters,, it doesn't change the outcome....

'But Thorburn’s defence barrister, John Fraser, said she was “essentially” a good person and loving mother. He said she had fielded abusive phone calls and received “vile threats” over social media.

The couple’s son Trent was sentenced to four years’ imprisonment in September after pleading guilty to four charges, including perjury and incest. Their eldest son, Joshua, was jailed for three months in July after pleading guilty to the same charges as his mother.'

:sick::puke::puke::puke:

Umm essentially she was not a good person - she had a child in her care that was already needing extra love and protection
I cannot believe the way this is going !

I note that there's no report that Julene couldn't tell the truth because she was afraid of Rick, or that as an abused spouse she'd been brainwashed out of her self-efficacy and moral compass. She's not barely out of childhood and in the habit of obedience. She had a motive to lie, of course. I suppose people don't often perjure themselves for the glee of it. Does the judge think women and wives are inherently irresponsible and childlike, or does he regard all perjury as not that serious a matter? I accept that even a short period of imprisonment is a significant punishment. But what is so mitigating about Julene's situation that brings the sentence so far down from the maximum?

Julene received "vile threats?" Oh! My aching sides. There is a reason why people are angry with her, isn't there? Does it happen to have something to do with an innocent child's murder and her part in it?

Why must we be silent about a "vile" crime?

Umm essentially she was not a good person - she had a child in her care that was already needing extra love and protection
I cannot believe the way this is going !

Essentially hope there's not too many like this excuse for a human being living in my neighbourhood, I don't know what these judges are on, but it's unreal and our state should be ashamed! I'll be talking with my local member about this garbage, probs to busy with saving his job at present. Imo WAP

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-850F using Tapatalk

So proceedings roll on for the last one and the most monstrous of the family , Rick to appear today for his turn

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: Listing, width: 350"]ENT NP; LONG CME; SEHL TW; WRIGHT JL; COGLAN CJ; WARREN NJA; THORBURN R
[/TD]
[TD="class: Listing, width: 149"]Judge Chowdhury
[/TD]
[TD="class: Listing, width: 71"]Court 1
Floor 1[/TD]
[TD="class: Listing, width: 100"]10:30 AM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: subListing, width: 350"](Indictment Presentation - Legal Representatives Required)[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members