Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are also still the outstanding charges Rick was to face late last year for the accusation of child abuse from the family day care center that will have to be dealt with after he pleads and depending on if he goes to trial or not for Tia's murder. He was actually down for a court appearance two weeks after he was arrested . That all got put on the back burner

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...e/news-story/9ed5e85050a2387b7c1f7e55f5c06c0e
Thanks Champaign, it's behind a paywall, could you give us a summary?

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-850F using Tapatalk

Ty so much, that worked. Rick's one evil *advertiser censored* IMO He would have had eyes for Tia IMO, hope he never sees the light of day if convicted. I think Julene must be cooperating with LE, that's why she has new reps and doing deals to reduce her sentence. Seems to have gone quiet on the docs front responsibility issues imo.

Was that man in that article Rick?

Yes its Rick. He was due back in court early Oct 2016 but got busted in Sept and jailed for Tia's murder. April 2016 was when the day care was finally shut down. That is when they started selling all their stuff off on Gumtree.

Ty so much, that worked. Rick's one evil *advertiser censored* IMO He would have had eyes for Tia IMO, hope he never sees the light of day if convicted. I think Julene must be cooperating with LE, that's why she has new reps and doing deals to reduce her sentence. Seems to have gone quiet on the docs front responsibility issues imo.

My theory on Tia's death was he killed her NOT because he wanted to protect Trent but because he was up to no good and needed to get "rid" of her before she exposed him for what he was. Tia was killed before he was busted for the day care rapes. Tia knew what he was and I bet she threatened to expose him. She told a friends mother a few days before she was killed she did not want to go back home as she was in big trouble.

Tia had the goods on Rick. I am sure he had attempted to get to her too. I bet she would of blown the whistle on the *advertiser censored*.

Tia had the goods on Rick. I am sure he had attempted to get to her too. I bet she would of blown the whistle on the *advertiser censored*.
Sadly I think you're right, I wonder if Tia said something to Julene hoping for help? If Julene mentioned it to Rick he would have hit the roof and taken action. Once convicted I doubt RT will serve out his time, one way or another. Trent is facing a similar fate imo. No complaints here.

amost certainly.... I hadn't realised the age of the older of the sisters , it stretches credulity to believe that Rick DIDN'T rape , sexually abuse , assault Tiah.... before he murdered her, and after , too... throwing her body in a river has a subtler meaning, he wanted her washed of all the evidence of him on her.

Julene knew. knew it all. It is not possible to believe she did not know his sexual proclivities with children, Trent's seduction of Tiah, Rick's determination to have some of what his son abrogated, when it is Rick , as the 'grand signeur' the one with first place rights , allocates who has who and he goes first. Rick rules the roost, and his rules would not have accepted Trent getting out of the queue.

They all knew. They didn't fight about what they were doing but about who did what and when and who ran the show.

There is an anomaly in what Rick says that hasn't been cleared up ... Josh's trial only made it murkier.

Rick says, he murdered Tiah because he 'didn't want his son going to prison, it being harsh on Trent, due to Trent's sexual preferences'....'

I took this to mean Rick saying his son is of a homosexual leaning and those tough QLD lockups would be unfairly hard on the boy.

Or did Rick mean Trent's sexual preferences being for underage children, just like his old man??..or even both preferences, combined ?

I reckon Rick and Julene cooked up the idea that they needed to cure Trent of his current 'sexual preferences' as a lot of their income seems to be derived from DHS and other parents seeking accommodation for their children and the more normal the appearance , the better, especially in the Bible belt up there Qld.

All they had to do was persuade Trent to just give it a go.... Tiah's consent was irrelevant. .. no more relevant than the kids in Julene's daycare shindig, and hopefully, Trent would shape up. ..

I have 1 theory running currently.

... Tiah tells Julene that Rick is forcing himself upon her sexually, and that day, Julene and Rick decide to murder Tiah, and hide her body, because on top of the child rape charges coming down on Rick , this charge will be more complicated and even more severe. Hard time in prison for Rick, and the fact that Trent is active in this area also could cause problems in this close knit little unit of Julene and Trent and Rick and Josh...

Julene and Rick do the killing and the body disposal, and then Julene calls a meeting, with all attending. The story to Josh is floated... not quite the story Josh is promoting, but Julene is determined to keep Rick's vile habits a secret from the 'boys' , you know how that is, and how teenagers can go off like rockets.... .. as long as Rick and Julene can hold out and keep those 'boys' in line, ... ..everyone pretends it is all about protecting little Trent....

I have 1 theory running currently.

... Tiah tells Julene that Rick is forcing himself upon her sexually, and that day, Julene and Rick decide to murder Tiah, and hide her body, because on top of the child rape charges coming down on Rick , this charge will be more complicated and even more severe. Hard time in prison for Rick, and the fact that Trent is active in this area also could cause problems in this close knit little unit of Julene and Trent and Rick and Josh...

Julene and Rick do the killing and the body disposal, and then Julene calls a meeting, with all attending. The story to Josh is floated... not quite the story Josh is promoting, but Julene is determined to keep Rick's vile habits a secret from the 'boys' , you know how that is, and how teenagers can go off like rockets.... .. as long as Rick and Julene can hold out and keep those 'boys' in line, ... ..everyone pretends it is all about protecting little Trent....
A reasonable theory too Trooper, I'm intrigued as to why Julene changed lawyers. I wonder if Josh sang like a bird to reduce his sentence? What has changed for Julene (apart from new reps) to allow extra time for her as she pleaded guilty and was due for sentencing. Would we even know if Julene has been charged further? Trent must be trying hard to bargain also imo. That family unit!!!

Can anyone confirm if Josh and Trent could be in the same prison given that Josh is convicted and T is remanded in custody? TIA

A reasonable theory too Trooper, I'm intrigued as to why Julene changed lawyers. I wonder if Josh sang like a bird to reduce his sentence? What has changed for Julene (apart from new reps) to allow extra time for her as she pleaded guilty and was due for sentencing. Would we even know if Julene has been charged further? Trent must be trying hard to bargain also imo. That family unit!!!

Can anyone confirm if Josh and Trent could be in the same prison given that Josh is convicted and T is remanded in custody? TIA

In general, people in Julene's position change their lawyers because they do not like the advice given to them. Now.. I don't know what advice her original lawyer gave, ( and sometimes , a lawyer will give advice that is impossible to follow to exit the case and the client ) .. but it most likely was not to Julene's idea of how she intends to run her case, and obviously, there appeared to be no common meeting ground .......

Interesting little nubbin in the whole event, though, and it is significant, but in what way, I don't know. Yet.

What we do know is that Julene has the front of Myers, ( a very large department store in Bourke St , Melbourne, huge street frontage ) who can forget that insouciant little wave to the press when she rocked up to the property to feed the horse?.... we didn't know then that Qld Pol had inserted a recording device in the house, and recorded Julene running the plan for the propping up of little Trent.... I bet good ol' Julene didn't know we'd find that out, either.

Trent has not been tried so he is in Wacol Reception and Remand . Now Josh has been sentenced he would be in BCC where new prisoners go to be assessed before being sent to another correctional center. Josh will go to a low security as he would be classed as low risk. There has been no talk of where he has gone at the moment.

IMO the fostering and childcare income stream financed the two son's dancing expenses. A rather unusual household

IMO the fostering and childcare income stream financed the two son's dancing expenses. A rather unusual household
Very unusual household possum heart imo also! I think Trent was ricks favourite (playing with cars etc) and more likely not a homosexual as some have speculated. Trent may have had his own income stream at the time Tia was killed (sorry). That household needed some serious income to cover expenses including rent, yard and horses. Food vans, expensive restored cars. No doubt the police have investigated all of their incomes and that may tell a story in itself. Let's remember that Josh worked with or for Julene in the family day care? Josh's revised testimony to CMC/CCC & DPP may sink the remaining "Titanic" Thorburn family IMO.

Trent was an apprentice fabricator at a car restoration business at Browns Plains. Locally there is no evidence Trent was gay. Not sure where this rumour came from? Cannot find anyone local to back this one up. Rick has been stationed out at a cushy gig out at Gatton. He was sent there due to his so called mental condition. Now it has been proven that he has NO mental condition I hope he is back at Arthur Gorie again at Wacol where he belongs. Trent is in protection out there . Not heard much about either of them of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member