Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree she should get a longer sentence and although it can't be mentioned in this case, what does she know about the family day care allegations? Filthy filthy excuse for a family unit. Bring back the death penalty! Imo

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-850F using Tapatalk

In the newly refurbished courtyard in front of the Court House? I drive past most days on the way to work and they (hearings for the day) are lined up from here to kingdom come.

Attachments

• IMG_0334.JPG
    IMG_0334.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 35
what 's with these people and their damned hair!!.. it's only HAIR, you dills..

Champaign... a large bucket of thanks to you, for your impeccable relaying of local information, I know there is more to go, and I deeply appreciate your on the knocker reports from Thorburnland.. .. .

BBM. I would like to second that bucket of thanks Champaign. Your time and effort here is very much appreciated.

Agree she should get a longer sentence and although it can't be mentioned in this case, what does she know about the family day care allegations? Filthy filthy excuse for a family unit. Bring back the death penalty! Imo

After the murder case for Rick is finalised those charges will be again presented to court. The big one now becomes the most important for the PP

After the murder case for Rick is finalised those charges will be again presented to court. The big one now becomes the most important for the PP
Thanks Champaign, I can't help but wonder what secretive family meeting/s might have taken place to cover (day care sexual assault) allegations. And, did the family ever host someone for the Christmas break they advertised for? More lies for Joshua & Julene. Imo this family thrived on lies for a long time, therefore they should spend a long time inside.

Thanks Champaign, I can't help but wonder what secretive family meeting/s might have taken place to cover (day care sexual assault) allegations. And, did the family ever host someone for the Christmas break they advertised for? More lies for Joshua & Julene. Imo this family thrived on lies for a long time, therefore they should spend a long time inside.

ahghgh... that ad in the school newspaper!!...... Julene had to be complicit in assisting him find another victim, it just cant be read any other way, because when this ad was plonked up in the former school paper that Trent and Josh went to......

the sexual interference with the two sisters in the day car had occurred and JULENE STAYING IN THE GAME.

Tiah had been sexually assaulted by her son Trent, who knows on how many occasions, and it's hard to believe that Rick Thorburn didn't do the same , and then Tiah is murdered, right there, right under Julene's nose, probably in her kitchen, and is thrown down a river bank, by her husband and SHE STAYS IN THE GAME!...

there is no mitigating factors here at all. No one is that scared of anyone that they would go along with all this unless they had some skin in the game, and Julene's payoff had to be a tad more affection , attention from Rick every now and then.

too horrible, and her sentence ought to reflect this long term complicit assistance Julene provided , to Josh, Trent and Rick, plus her determination to lie and lie and lie to the police investigating the major crime of murder.

from memory that ad promoted country living, with a field full of horses and two nice boys to play with and a comfy mother figure to cook and clean and the star, a substitute daddy figure to keep the whole thing ticking over..

Nothing about how your kid would be subjected to perversity and depravity of a particularly egregious nature, to the point where your kid could turn up dead as a mackerel on the banks of the Pimpano , and there would be no refunds for failure of service, either.,

I think 3 months is a suitable sentence. I see a very young adult who has been raised with despicable parents being put in a very difficult situation. Yes he could have risen to the occasion with immediately confessing the truth to police, but everything was stacked against this outcome. He should face consequences and I think this is suitable. People who find themselves in these situations are steeped in dysfunction and the last thing we want to do is encourage them to stick with it rather than blow it all up. it is hard enough for someone to break misguided loyalties, if it takes them a little while to build up the gumption the last thing you want to do is add the fear of public shaming and severe legal ramifications for their period of silence. I know he didn't come clean until cornered, but how he is dealt with has ramifications for every other bystander to domestic violence and sexual assault.

His father and brother are alleged pedophiles and his mother is basically an accomplice. Do you think he has had an emotionally sound upbringing? If we can salvage anything out of this it might be rehabilitating this young man.

aww... I see it entirely opposite.. I see a young man who was pretty comfy at home , meals, bed, status, attention, probably pocket money, because I don't think he held a job down, and on top of all this, Dad and Mum would try and arrange girlfriends, or, at least sexual partners, whether consensual or not to come and live at home!!... Trent and I didn't even have to get cleaned up and travel outside!!. talk about being looked after!

so with that in mind what does a bit of Dad's sexual experiments with young, very very young children count? what does rape and assault of a young girl in our care count?.. what does her murder count, really, in the overall outcome, as long as Trent and I are fed and coiffured and dressed and chauffeured around, and get to do our 'dancing'.. why. .. well... it's nothing...
''

How does this young girls mother 's panic and terror and horror , which , by anyone's measurement, even Josh's, has to count for something, yet I , Josh, am entitled to ignore that , that hour by hour horror for months, merely to maintain my comfort level?.. ...

Well.. it must mean something, because 3 months is what it was valued at as a level of malevolence, vitriol ( because Josh and Dad and Mum and I made sure that we portrayed Tiah as badly behaved and prone to running off, just so people would hate her and like us, we just wanted to do that just for the hell of it, murdering her wasn't enough) ... and just plain psychopathic criminal negligence and what's more, it seems a lot of relevance was placed on him being deprived of his hairdresser for all his time in remand.

Maybe it was fun watching Cindy Palmer dissolve and destruct with agony all those months, while me and Dad and Trent and Mum knew she was dead and knew who killed her, and knew why she was murdered.. we just went on with our lives, getting up, dressing up, eating up, talking up, dancing up, snorting up, you know... the usual.

to me, 21 is far, far to old to be pretending to be a 'young man ' caught up in a dire situation.. far, far too old.. 10, maybe, maybe at the very oldest 13, or at the very outside, 14.. but not 21!!.

By 21 he should know what's what, ye gods, if he doesn't know murder is right off the scale by 21, then what we have here is a deeply entrenched psychopath with a whole lifetime ahead of putting that psychopathy to his own use.

Well I'd rather not assume he is a psychopath based on his terrible family. He was 19. There are not many 19 years olds out there these days supporting themselves, what with the state of entry level work and the cost of housing. You are asking someone pretty young to completely destroy their world by exposing a horror committed by people we can assume they are not only dependent on, but love. I can only imagine the turmoil of that. Let's wait and see if he can turn this around before making a bunch of judgments about him. There isn't long enough in jail for the rest of them, but this is one instance when I feel a light sentence hits the spot between deterrence and punishment.

I doubt he took pleasure in Cindy Palmer's pain. I am surprised she doesn't have a bit more empathy for his circumstances, as she has her own set of circumstances that created Trent and Rick's access to Tialeigh, that I am sure she doesn't want people deflecting blame onto when there are three people directly responsible for what happened to this poor girl.

On Thursday, prosecutor David Nardone told the Beenleigh District Court police bugged the family's house in Chambers Flat after the teenager disappeared.

He said the electronic recordings showed Julene encouraging Joshua to lie.

"[She] told the family [they] have to stick to the same story about her going to school the next day," Mr Nardone said.

He told the court Joshua Thorburn was summonsed to a secret family meeting the night Tiahleigh disappeared, where he was told his brother Trent was having sexual relations with the young girl.

"His father said that they all had to protect Trent and keep the story amongst themselves, that Tiahleigh was going to go missing from school," Mr Nardone said.
"He told police that his father then said 'Tia was no longer with us'.

"He admitted that he understood that to mean that his father had killed Tiahleigh.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-27/tiahleighs-foster-brother-jailed-over-death-cover-up/8749020

Sexual relations? Rape of a 12 year old is 'sexual relations'?

Well I'd rather not assume he is a psychopath based on his terrible family. He was 19. There are not many 19 years olds out there these days supporting themselves, what with the state of entry level work and the cost of housing. You are asking someone pretty young to completely destroy their world by exposing a horror committed by people we can assume they are not only dependent on, but love. I can only imagine the turmoil of that. Let's wait and see if he can turn this around before making a bunch of judgments about him. There isn't long enough in jail for the rest of them, but this is one instance when I feel a light sentence hits the spot between deterrence and punishment.

I doubt he took pleasure in Cindy Palmer's pain. I am surprised she doesn't have a bit more empathy for his circumstances, as she has her own set of circumstances that created Trent and Rick's access to Tialeigh, that I am sure she doesn't want people deflecting blame onto when there are three people directly responsible for what happened to this poor girl.

I think this may well be the very first time I have seen anything like this empathy toward this young man, I applaud you for the insight and agree with the thoughts.
I think he is probably like a victim of DV, not able to get himself out of it until he was given the little window of hope, the day the arrests were made.
As for those blaming the mother, the blame rests entirely and wholly with the murderer, as to the sexual relations/incest, according to granny, the child wanted to stay there when given the opportunity to leave, yet we also see she would run away regularly, so I wonder what the truth might be, maybe a bit of both, the boy should have known better, seems he didn't but there is not a huge age gap is there?
Regardless of consent, a 12 yo child cannot legally give consent, whether she did or not.

Sexual relations? Rape of a 12 year old is 'sexual relations'?

:thinking::dunno:.... maybe its the current euphemism to shield delicate eyes and ears from the word rape.. I dunno., .. maybe someone thinks it's too , too harsh to say...... 'sexual relations' has a sort of kindergarten , playschool air about it that perhaps is as much as some people are willing to hear....:dunno:

:thinking::dunno:.... maybe its the current euphemism to shield delicate eyes and ears from the word rape.. I dunno., .. maybe someone thinks it's too , too harsh to say...... 'sexual relations' has a sort of kindergarten , playschool air about it that perhaps is as much as some people are willing to hear....:dunno:

No, it is that some people think that as long as the child can be seen as consenting it is ok. No one knows now if she consented or not (given that consent is not an issue with a child) she is dead, and it is because of this 'sexual relations' bit. It does lead you to think that she was not consenting, even if she could consent.

ETA. This seems to only apply to female children though. If she were a 12 year old boy, whose older foster brother had 'sexual relations' with, it would be seen quite differently IMO.

Any updates on Dad & Trent? When are their trials?

No date set as yet. Rick still has not entered a plea. Dates possibly will be announced once Julene is sentenced. My ears and eyes will be peeled

maybe that could be a career path for Rick , and possibly Trent , to follow once their time is served... . they could sexually force themselves on all the young girls who's mother and / or father had to give them up to foster care, that would include orphans, naturally, no exceptions, and then they could kill them and throw their bodies into rivers, ... whaddaya think?... it would soon stop this blame game that cheeky feckless mothers play when their child is murdered, you know... all that would end, PDQ, ... it being so tiresome and all.

And it would allow the murderers, like Rick, for example, to tootle along without all that moaning and whining from the bereft mothers, and for sure it would teach mothers, in general, and probably world wide a damn fine lesson they seem to be unable to grasp....

maybe that could be a career path for Rick , and possibly Trent , to follow once their time is served... . they could sexually force themselves on all the young girls who's mother and / or father had to give them up to foster care, that would include orphans, naturally, no exceptions, and then they could kill them and throw their bodies into rivers, ... whaddaya think?... it would soon stop this blame game that cheeky feckless mothers play when their child is murdered, you know... all that would end, PDQ, ... it being so tiresome and all.

And it would allow the murderers, like Rick, for example, to tootle along without all that moaning and whining from the bereft mothers, and for sure it would teach mothers, in general, and probably world wide a damn fine lesson they seem to be unable to grasp....

Yes, this. The child, and she was a child, has been molested by one foster brother, the molestation covered up by the foster mother and father and other foster brother, then murdered by one and covered up by the other three and it is the bio mother, who did something silly who must be blamed for not protecting her child?
Foster parents take on the role of protecting vulnerable children, not expose them to more danger than they were in with the person that they were taken from.

Stop the shaming of bio mom in this case.

You folks know The Rules and what happens if you ignore them.

:wave:

No matter what reason a child ends up in care NO CHILD deserves to be murdered and dumped like garbage on the banks of a river.

There are also still the outstanding charges Rick was to face late last year for the accusation of child abuse from the family day care center that will have to be dealt with after he pleads and depending on if he goes to trial or not for Tia's murder. He was actually down for a court appearance two weeks after he was arrested . That all got put on the back burner

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...e/news-story/9ed5e85050a2387b7c1f7e55f5c06c0e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time