Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/05/31/03/32/court-mention-for-tia-s-accused-killer

[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]'Lawyers remain unsure as to whether Rick Thorburn was of unsound mind when he allegedly killed Queensland schoolgirl Tia Palmer.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The report will now be reviewed by Legal Aid to determine whether his case is referred to the Mental Health Court.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The matter was adjourned to be heard again on June 28.'

It really annoys me when they try to use the 'unsound mind' to get off.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

LAWYERS for the accused murderer of slain Logan schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer say a psychiatric report of their client is “ambivalent”.

Rick Thorburn, 56, did not appear at the Beenleigh Magistrates Court this morning when his case was mentioned.
The case had previously been adjourned until a psychiatric report could be completed.
A lawyer from Legal Aid told the court Guest Lawyers, who represent Thorburn, had found the psychiatric report inconclusive.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...t/news-story/49a1a640358a63dc1e9bda57c685f5ca

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/05/31/03/32/court-mention-for-tia-s-accused-killer

[FONT="][LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]'Lawyers remain unsure as to whether Rick Thorburn was of unsound mind when he allegedly killed Queensland schoolgirl Tia Palmer.[/FONT][FONT="]
[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]The report will now be reviewed by Legal Aid to determine whether his case is referred to the Mental Health Court.
[/FONT]
[FONT="]

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="][/FONT]

He isn't going to get off, no matter what his state of mind is or was, he will still be locked up for as long as they are able, hopefully many many years.
To kill a 12 year old, could he actually be of sound mind

'Lawyers remain unsure as to whether Rick Thorburn was of unsound mind when he allegedly killed Queensland schoolgirl Tia Palmer.
The report will now be reviewed by Legal Aid to determine whether his case is referred to the Mental Health Court.

and if he were of 'unsound mind', where does that leave his wife, JT and son/s? Are they then more culpable in the cover up?

'LAWYERS for the accused murderer of slain Logan schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer say a psychiatric report of their client is “ambivalent”.

well..... that's about $60,000.00 taxpayers money down the drain.... a bit of a setback for 'the accused' legal team, as they only have one shot at it.. that is, they cant go shopping around for a more 'useful' opinion on the state of Rick's mind, unless of course they do it on their own dollar, as a charity event, or they can wring it out of Rick ( highly unlikely) ...

In the absence of a conclusive determination, the default position will be that he is of 'sound mind' for the purposes of this trial and consequent verdict, and probable sentencing and incarceration,..... he can sit in prison and demonstrate his unsoundness but no one will be interested.

He isn't going to get off, no matter what his state of mind is or was, he will still be locked up for as long as they are able, hopefully many many years.
To kill a 12 year old, could he actually be of sound mind

Yes,, he is demonstrably 'of sound mind''. Because he knew right from wrong and how do we know this? Because he hid what he did, he lied about what he did , he organized his family to lie about what he did , because he didn't want to be caught.

If he was of 'unsound mind' he would have murdered Tia in front of the police station and then knocked on the door for some attention and assistance in his 'event' .

But he didn't. He got her alone and did God knows what before strangled her, stripping her of her clothing , then driving to thriver bank and attempting to throw her body in the Pimpano River. Which is what people who know damn well what consequences are, and what's right and what's wrong , do. .....

Yes,, he is demonstrably 'of sound mind''. Because he knew right from wrong and how do we know this? Because he hid what he did, he lied about what he did , he organized his family to lie about what he did , because he didn't want to be caught.

If he was of 'unsound mind' he would have murdered Tia in front of the police station and then knocked on the door for some attention and assistance in his 'event' .

But he didn't. He got her alone and did God knows what before strangled her, stripping her of her clothing , then driving to thriver bank and attempting to throw her body in the Pimpano River. Which is what people who know damn well what consequences are, and what's right and what's wrong , do. .....
Was he jealous of what his son did and he had missed out? so had to take the final act? She was a liitle girl. Two men fighting over the sexual abuse of a child. And one kills the child so that the other won't get more than he did.

Was he jealous of what his son did and he had missed out? so had to take the final act? She was a liitle girl. Two men fighting over the sexual abuse of a child. And one kills the child so that the other won't get more than he did.

I have never had any doubts about that scenario at any time. .... I don't think he 'missed out' though. I think he made sure of that and the only doubts I have are was he at Tia some time before he killed her ....??... Which he doesn't want his son to find out. That , it seems to me, is the basis for the crime. He didn't want Tia telling Josh about his ( Rick's) moves.

All this horse puckey about protecting Josh from his inevitable attention in prison, ( and who is to say that Josh might not be amenable and enchanted by such ? ) is merely a smoke screen. RIck is as devious as devious is possible to be.

Certainly , Rick didn't need ( as far as is known ) any sort of provocation to sexually interfere in the most predatory way the 4yr and 7 yr old sisters , pupils of his wife's day care operation., ...... no element of jealousy there. Unless, of course Josh was a competitor for their 'attention' as well. Who knows? I put nothing beyond this depraved and devious family., nothing...

The changes made because of the murder of Tialeigh wouldn't have saved her - the people being notified of her absence caused it and she was already dead before police were alerted of anything. Hopefully these will one day help another child like Tialeigh and something good will have come from her terrible murder.

Joshua Thorburn is up for sentencing on Thursday in Beenleigh Court . Julene has now changed her legal team which is odd as she's pleading guilty and her sentencing will now be adjourned until October

Joshua Thorburn is up for sentencing on Thursday in Beenleigh Court . Julene has now changed her legal team which is odd as she's pleading guilty and her sentencing will now be adjourned until October
Ty for the update. It'll be very interesting to see Josh's sentence. IMO Julene will get twice the sentence at least for her part in this whole disgusting family affair.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-850F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member