Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beenleigh Court today. I am not working in court today so cannot update.

Thorburn, Richard Neville 9:00AMThorburn, Trent Jordan, Mr 9:00AM Court 4

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/02/22/11/20/adjournment-for-tiahleigh-s-foster-brother

[FONT=&quot][h=1]Tiahleigh's 'brother' wades through files[/h]
portrait-placeholder.png

By AAP

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
FTBA

The foster brother of slain Brisbane schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer is still going through a mountain of evidence against him, a court has heard.
During a mention for Trent Thorburn at Beenleigh Magistrates Court on Wednesday, the teenager's lawyer said a brief of evidence provided by prosecution in December included 700 witness statements and 65 hours of recording.
Thorburn, 19, is facing charges of incest, perjury and perverting the course of justice in relation to the alleged murder of 12-year-old Tiahleigh in 2015.
His father, Richard Thorburn, has been charged with killing Tiahleigh and dumping her body on the banks of a northern Gold Coast river.
Thorburn did not appear in court as the matter was adjourned until April 5, with his lawyer saying they were "still taking our client through the evidence".
Tiahleigh's mother Cindy Palmer was among those in a packed public gallery for the mention.

© AAP 2017

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...iahleigh-s-foster-brother#zc1vrWwyQhvLFbD8.99[/FONT]

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/02/22/11/20/adjournment-for-tiahleigh-s-foster-brother

[FONT="][h=1]Tiahleigh's 'brother' wades through files[/h][IMG]http://9news.static9.net.au/content/images/portrait-placeholder.png[/IMG]
[COLOR=#999999]By[/COLOR] [COLOR=#999999][B]AAP[/B][/COLOR]

[/FONT]
[FONT="]
FTBA

The foster brother of slain Brisbane schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer is still going through a mountain of evidence against him, a court has heard.
During a mention for Trent Thorburn at Beenleigh Magistrates Court on Wednesday, the teenager's lawyer said a brief of evidence provided by prosecution in December included 700 witness statements and 65 hours of recording.
Thorburn, 19, is facing charges of incest, perjury and perverting the course of justice in relation to the alleged murder of 12-year-old Tiahleigh in 2015.
His father, Richard Thorburn, has been charged with killing Tiahleigh and dumping her body on the banks of a northern Gold Coast river.
Thorburn did not appear in court as the matter was adjourned until April 5, with his lawyer saying they were "still taking our client through the evidence".
Tiahleigh's mother Cindy Palmer was among those in a packed public gallery for the mention.

© AAP 2017

[/FONT]
[FONT="]
Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...iahleigh-s-foster-brother#zc1vrWwyQhvLFbD8.99[/FONT]

my god... thanks for this update , Champ.. I really appreciate it, I was hoping for a proceeding, but ye gods, 65 hours of recording !!. what the!!....... 700 witness statements!!.. that is colossal. Massive. But justice compels the attention to detail, so delays are par for the course..

It says April for Rick, and I am assuming that same date for Trent, ......... I would have given anything to have seen them on the video link. . Rats on sinking ships hardly covers it.

and I see Trent is still represented by a duty lawyer, this will have to change before April, I would think, with this amount of evidence presented , by the Police Prosecutor.. what a job they have been doing. ...... some specific lawyer will have to be designated to Trent, and another to Rick otherwise this trial will take a decade.

No update on Rick's appearing today. He was down as listed

The Thorburns were covertly recorded in their homes once the CJC became involved. That is where a lot of the evidence against Rick has been gathered. Still very quiet on what is going on with him.

Trooper, I had the same reaction...

[emoji102] 700 witnesses!!!! 65 hours or recordings!!!! [emoji102]

Wow. Kudos to the investigators. Not looking too good for Trent. This is excellent news. [emoji57]

I will be attending the trials once they do finally get the go ahead. There is so much that has been unanswered here. So many WHY's ?

I will be attending the trials once they do finally get the go ahead. There is so much that has been unanswered here. So many WHY's ?

fabulous!... so much more can be garnered by 'being there'.. the prisoners attitudes, the tone.. we are so very lucky to be able to be advantaged by your on the spot stuff already, champaign.. attending is icing on the cake, ... I am still riveted by the conundrum of which order this whole thing will take.. Julene and Josh first? Trent before Rick?...

logically, Rick should be tried before Trent, but Trent's age and time spent on remand may be a factor in that decision, but I bloody well hope not. Rick first, for sure, let him spin in the wind, and let Trent get a filtered idea of how it's going while sitting still on remand.

Josh's story could be the key to it all, for all I know.. .. either he is mute by choice, or the police are keeping him under wraps until the trial, at which, without doubt, both Julene and Josh will be testifying as witnesses against Rick and Trent and for the Prosecution from their cells by video link.

A hell of a lot will come out at Julene and Josh's sentencing.

Julene and Josh are due to face the district court today for their indictment presentation. Its unlikely they will appear though as it will be a lawyer affair. Then in the next few months we will have the sentencing hearing. Once that is over then they will move on to the next phase. The murder charges against Rick and the Incest and other charges against Trent (Trents case will probably go first) Will update what I hear today I am not in the district court today so will only be reliant on media

Julene and Josh are due to face the district court today for their indictment presentation. Its unlikely they will appear though as it will be a lawyer affair. Then in the next few months we will have the sentencing hearing. Once that is over then they will move on to the next phase. The murder charges against Rick and the Incest and other charges against Trent (Trents case will probably go first) Will update what I hear today I am not in the district court today so will only be reliant on media

The foster mother and brother of murdered Logan schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer will be sentenced in July for their roles in the 12-year-old’s murder.

Julene Thorburn, 54, and son Joshua, 20, will face a sentencing hearing at Beenleigh District Court on July 27 on charges of perjury and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

http://www.mygc.com.au/tiahleigh-palmers-foster-mother-brother-sentenced-july/

The foster mother and brother of slain Brisbane schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer will be sentenced in July for their roles in the 12-year-old's alleged murder.
Julene Thorburn, 54, and son Joshua, 20, have been committed to face a sentencing hearing at Beenleigh District Court on July 27.
The pair weren't present as their indictments were presented to the court on Thursday but have indicated they will plead guilty to charges of perjury and attempting to pervert the course of justice.
Tiahleigh's mother Cindy Palmer was in court, flanked by two supporters.
The body of Tiahleigh was discovered on the banks of the Pimpama River on the northern Gold Coast in November 2015, just days after she was last seen alive.
Julene Thorburn's husband Rick has been charged with the Marsden State High School student's murder.
The pair's younger son Trent has been charged with incest as well as perjury and perverting the course of justice.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/03/16/11/06/tiah-s-foster-family-to-face-july-hearing

O/T...Just heard on our local news tonight that Bruce and Denise Morcombe (Daniel's parents) are joining politician Paulene Hansen's One Nation to introduce a List of ALL Child Sex Offenders with their photos and descriptions of their offences etc...Great News !!!.:clap:

O/T...Just heard on our local news tonight that Bruce and Denise Morcombe (Daniel's parents) are joining politician Paulene Hansen's One Nation to introduce a List of ALL Child Sex Offenders with their photos and descriptions of their offences etc...Great News !!!.:clap:
Are the Morcombes joining One Nation or just supporting its position in this instance? Are you able to clarify? . . . just curious.

I've looked for that news but alas....I thought Derren Hinch was the mover and shaker for that register.

Are the Morcombes joining One Nation or just supporting its position in this instance? Are you able to clarify? . . . just curious.

The Morcombe's aren't joining One Nation....
Paulene Hansen was here on the Sunshine Coast yesterday pictured with the Morcombes on our local news, where it stated that they have offerred to support One Nation in any way they can, so that a Bill can be passed in the Senate to get this paedophile register up and running as soon as possible.

I've looked for that news but alas....I thought Derren Hinch was the mover and shaker for that register.

I don't think you will find a link TGY as the story was shown on our local Ch7 Sunshine Coast news last night...
I also thought that Derryn Hinch was to be the mover and shaker to get this paedophile register up and running...
I will try to find a link for you, as it may be published in our local newspaper today...
Paulene Hansen was here on the Sunshine Coast yesterday with our local One Nation member of parliament and this is where it was mentioned.

Tia case to be heard
06/04/2017
from the Courier Mail

In the Beenleigh Magistrates Court yesterday, Trent Thorburn’s Legal Aid lawyer said she had been instructed to list the case for a “full hand up” in the coming weeks. That would mean no evidence would be tested before the matter was committed for trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme