Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole vile family are depraved and criminal, the photo you have posted of Rick Thorburn as a pall bearer at Tialeigh's funeral is one that disgusted all of us TGY. It is the lack of justice so far that has enraged all of us.
That is a good description Trooper "so repellant and so deeply criminal". All we can hope for is that the sentencing Judge also sees it that way.
Rick Thorburn will have a difficult time behind bars from the other prisoners when he eventually goes mainstream (we can only hope).

(14 Sep 2017)
Judge Craig Chowdhury said at today's sentencing hearing that Trent Thorburn took part in "a sustained, immoral and disgraceful plan" with other family members to cover up Tiahleigh's death.

Mr Nardone told the court Thorburn lied repeatedly to police and the Crime and Corruption Commission about having sex with Tiahleigh, and about whether he knew his foster sister had been murdered.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-...ster-brother-sentenced-incest-perjury/8944526

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is my contention, I have no idea if the Supreme court Judge will see it this way, is that Rick deliberately set out to promote himself and Julene as 'carers', the day care centre, the foster care 'income stream' precisely because and to gain access to vulnerable children. Not that he and her found themselves tempted by the never ending stream of victims that the Govt paid to send into their home, no, that he and Julene chose that path of employment precisely so that the stream of easily accessible victims would flow into their ambience, without them having to exert themselves too much.

More a matter of laziness , and efficiency, it saved them the time of searching out and grooming children from the outside, children who may have had some protection unknown to the Thorburns.. they way they did it, was it was all checked out for them, before the kid was handed over to them. And they got paid for it. A substantial sum, too. It was almost the perfect crime , in a parallel world..

If you are a murdering pedaophile, what a tremendous bonus!... In a way it puts Cowan in the shade, he had to hunt kids down on the public highway, and in public caravan parks... not Julie and Rick , though, oh no.. they had a processing belt from the source of supply to their front door. ..

Was Rick ever called Dick for an abbreviated name sort of thing ?
Dick Thorburn is a slight improvement of the name imo

It is my contention, I have no idea if the Supreme court Judge will see it this way, is that Rick deliberately set out to promote himself and Julene as 'carers', the day care centre, the foster care 'income stream' precisely because and to gain access to vulnerable children. Not that he and her found themselves tempted by the never ending stream of victims that the Govt paid to send into their home, no, that he and Julene chose that path of employment precisely so that the stream of easily accessible victims would flow into their ambience, without them having to exert themselves too much.

More a matter of laziness , and efficiency, it saved them the time of searching out and grooming children from the outside, children who may have had some protection unknown to the Thorburns.. they way they did it, was it was all checked out for them, before the kid was handed over to them. And they got paid for it. A substantial sum, too. It was almost the perfect crime , in a parallel world..

If you are a murdering pedaophile, what a tremendous bonus!... In a way it puts Cowan in the shade, he had to hunt kids down on the public highway, and in public caravan parks... not Julie and Rick , though, oh no.. they had a processing belt from the source of supply to their front door. ..

That’s why I believe he’s worse than Cowan.
Cowan ran and hid. He’s a filthy coward.
Baden-Clay had to attend his wife Allison’s funeral but Thorburn, really? The pretence, the sheer gall of this thing.

Rarely I can’t find the words but here words fail me.

Ol’ Rot is a lifer. He’s definitely gotta be a lifer!

and... ( I'll stop soon , It has enraged me all over again ) it was quite clear that neither Rick nor Julene, who claims she was scared to tell anyone , had any intention of stopping after Tiah was murdered.

I hope the judge doesn't forget that Rick and Julene advertised in the school newspaper, the boys old boarding school, that they were ' ready to take on children for the school holidays, a nice farm, horses, a couple of elder 'brothers' to play with, good cooking, handyman dad, attractive rates, ' all this stuff. AFTER Tiah was murdered.

They were ready to keep up the process. Murder wasn't going to stop them. Not one of them were put out by the inconvenience of Tiah's 'disappearance'.

They would have gone on and on and on.

Was Rick ever called Dick for an abbreviated name sort of thing ?
Dick Thorburn is a slight improvement of the name imo

Yes I agree that’s appropriate, Richard Cranium suits as well.
IMO.

Tiahleigh asked if she could stay at her friend’s house that night and fair enough if it was a school night the mum said no. Tiah knew something bad was brewing.

I will be interested if she spoke with her caseworker about her shocking environment & if so, why wasn’t it followed up.

This all could come out in the Judge’s findings.
Heads should roll.

QLD has mandatory life sentence for murder. RIck will get that. NO discount for pleading. What they will assess is the 20 year minimum parole period. They can make that more than 20 years. I will be attending court that day. Rick will have to attend sentencing as required via QLD law. No video link. He will be in the dock..

QLD has mandatory life sentence for murder. RIck will get that. NO discount for pleading. What they will assess is the 20 year minimum parole period. They can make that more than 20 years. I will be attending court that day. Rick will have to attend sentencing as required via QLD law. No video link. He will be in the dock..

Thanks Champaign.......so Rick will have to face the Supreme Court Judge and hear in graphic detail exactly what the Judge thinks of his grisly gory crimes and the sentence imposed, then he gets frog marched off in handcuffs by a couple of big imposing guards.

Unfortunately, QLD does not, as yet , give judges the leeway to impose a sentence of Life without Parole.. A QLD judge can, under certain circumstances deal out a life sentence, with what is called, in QLD ' Indefinite Parole'.. that is, a measure of time to be served before the prisoner can apply for parole is not delineated at the time of sentencing, but is adjudicated during the sentence served.

Which isn't quite the same thing as Life without Parole. That is laid on the offender going on from Day 1. But it can change under Parliamentary Legislation if it is deemed that the public wish is that it be so. ..

The maximum Rick can get, is life, a mandatory sentence, the dicey bit is the amount of time he has to serve before he can apply for parole, which is not necessarily granted in every case. One can only hope in Thorburns case, it is never , ever considered.

The fact that he has pled guilty goes a long way to his advantage in considering the time he has to serve, but my fervent wish is that his crime is considered so beyond human acceptance that it is embedded into his sentence, no parole.

A nice touch by QLD is that the offender, Thorburn , actually has to pay the court to receive his sentence, an Offender Levy, of $118.00 payable on the day , for admin costs.

I recon Jules is rotten to the core. Worst of the whole lot of them, including Cowan.
My bloody oath she knew long before Tiahleigh.
Jules was creating the haven for abuse and it was HER bringing the children to him on a silver platter.
Females usually seek support and protection from another female so Tiahleigh going to Jules for help was the catalyst
IMO.

I recon Jules is rotten to the core. Worst of the whole lot of them, including Cowan.
My bloody oath she knew long before Tiahleigh.
Jules was creating the haven for abuse and it was HER bringing the children to him on a silver platter.
Females usually seek support and protection from another female so Tiahleigh going to Jules for help was the catalyst
IMO.

She was in thrall to him. Which is different than her claim of being scared of him. I take your theory as a definite working operating process, TGY. There was always something odd about the day care thingy.

He will get life Troop and doubtful he will get the 20 year non parole period

[FONT=&quot](1) Any person who commits the crime of murder is liable to imprisonment for life, which can not be mitigated or varied under this Code or any other law or is liable to an indefinite sentence under [/FONT]part 10 of the Penalties and Sentences Act 1992 .

They cannot do life without parole but they can impose a longer non parole period. He is 59 or something now. Even if he gets out he will be 79 with 20 year NP. He will die in prison :-)

Thanks Champaign.......so Rick will have to face the Supreme Court Judge and hear in graphic detail exactly what the Judge thinks of his grisly gory crimes and the sentence imposed, then he gets frog marched off in handcuffs by a couple of big imposing guards.

Yep under QLD Tia's mother will be able to look the *advertiser censored* in the eye in court. He will be a pathetic miserable weasel

There's a lot, for want of a better word, fan fiction in this thread.

We will find out the facts of the case, as far as they can be ascertained, when the sentence is heard. We don't know if Rick was also abusing her, or what level of assistance Julene or the sons provided. The bare bones of what happened to Tiah is bad enough, no need to extrapolate it with no evidence.

He will be sentenced on May 25.

Tiahleigh's mother Cindy Palmer said in a statement her daughter deserved justice.

"My beautiful daughter Tiahleigh deserves justice. I hope it comes on May 25th. Thank you, everyone, for your support and for respecting my family's privacy," she said.

"I have lots to say, but right now, I will let the police and court do their job. Tia, I love you."
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-19/rick-thorburn/9562486

Mr Thorburn will become the final member of his family to be jailed in relation to Tiahleigh's death, and faces a life sentence for murder.

Mr Thorburn's son and Tiahleigh's foster brother, 20-year-old Trent Thorburn, was jailed in September last year for incest, perjury and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Rick's wife Julene Thorburn was sentenced to 18 months in jail for perjury and attempting to pervert the course of justice over the 12-year-old's death

Mr Thorburn's other son Joshua also pleaded guilty to perjury and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Joshua has served his sentence, while Trent was released on parole in January after serving about 20 months behind bars.

Their mother Julene is due for release in May this year, and will serve another six months on parole

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-...ster-father-to-plead-guilty-to-murder/9562430

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member