Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiahleigh said Trent has sex with her when Julene goes out. To me this does not read as a one-off situation!

In MSM. There are two threads on WS for Tiahleigh, it would be documented in one of them.

Thanks Possum. Found an article : http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...a/news-story/036e3dc69b0cf963044a56a049b337dd
Shows how TT has lied. Even saying how he saw her on the morning of the 30th. Appalling. From Tia telling others about it seems like TT was doing so against her will. He blatantly lied to police on numerous occasions so one cannot expect him "coming clean" to be the entire truth. So shocking.

Thanks Possum. Found an article : http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...a/news-story/036e3dc69b0cf963044a56a049b337dd
Shows how TT has lied. Even saying how he saw her on the morning of the 30th. Appalling. From Tia telling others about it seems like TT was doing so against her will. He blatantly lied to police on numerous occasions so one cannot expect him "coming clean" to be the entire truth. So shocking.
If you could quote it would be helpful. Article is behind a paywalll.

I subscribed because I think it is important.

<modsnip>

I'm a bit confused have whether or not investigators have always considered the Thorburns as people of interest. I wonder when Tia's friend disclosed to investigators that Tia had confided in her about TT abusing her? You would think that if this information had been known to the police early on in the investigation that the family would be likely to be considered as suspects from the get-go.

I also wonder when Trent's friend told the police that Tia had complained about him to them? The words "Trent tried to touch me" indicate that Tia may have directly complained to his friend, as opposed to Trent telling his friend Tia was accusing him of this. I also wonder when/if Trent's cousin came clean about what Trent disclosed to her via messanger days before Tia disappeared. Was the message only uncovered when the police finally had permission from Facebook to search TT's message history?

So many questions..

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...a/news-story/036e3dc69b0cf963044a56a049b337dd

'Sergeant French alleged Trent Thorburn also told police he saw Tiahleigh on the morning she was reported missing, October 30.

&#8220;I saw her at my house. She was still in her pyjamas walking around the house,&#8221; she said it would be alleged Trent Thorburn told police. &#8220;I was getting ready for work. I didn&#8217;t notice anything unusual about her behaviour. I am pretty sure she had just woken up," he allegedly told police.

&#8220;He then continues in that statement and says &#8216;I haven&#8217;t seen Tiahleigh since the Friday morning I described above. I haven&#8217;t had anyone contact me or provide any information to me in relation to where she might be&#8217;,&#8221; she said.

&#8220; ... On five separate occasions he was asked if he was involved and he denies having any involvement or sexual contact with her at any stage. Eventually the defendant has admitted to the authorities that he had lied on multiple occasions in order to conceal the sexual intercourse between himself and Tiahleigh.&#8221;" '

This , I presume, is part, but only part of the Opposition to Bail that the police prosecutor put before the judge.. The result of which was, no bail. Then his solicitor succeeds in having the Opposition to Bail document sealed , not for publication, because it 'will endanger his safety'...... which implies that the bits that haven't been published are the stuff that endangers Trent's safety , inside prison. Society being what it is, common sense would tell you that it would be just as unsafe outside prison if the facts, as alleged by police are correct. ...

This claim from the police puts to bed the ridiculous lie that Trent thought it was ok, because everyone does it, and society accepts it..

It is obvious that even Trent knew it was wrong. So desperate was he to cover it up, to hide it, to not have it known, that he was prepared to lie to the coppers faces, over and over again, and on a signed and sworn to statement ( hence one of the perjury charges ) about his sexual contact with Tia.. He knows it was wrong. He denied it to everyone, and anyone who accused him of it. He tried to hide it by lying to his friend, to the police, and I wonder if he also lied to his mother, thereby putting Tia in the invidious position of having to defend herself about it.

But the Bail Opposition contents don't remain secret for ever. The police will be questioned thoroughly by the defence barrister about the events laid out , each line , letter and dot, because if it's that bad, it all goes to Trent's character and puts him at odds with his character witnesses, should any be found. ...

I suspect it is that bad, Bail Opposition documents are not usually asked to be sealed, and not usually granted the privilege of being sealed.. ( the sealing is only temporary.. .. if he does get bail, which I hope he doesn't, then the document sealing isn't required because he isn't in prison on remand. The sealing is only valid in so far as he remains in remand behind bars) ..

I'm a bit confused have whether or not investigators have always considered the Thorburns as people of interest. I wonder when Tia's friend disclosed to investigators that Tia had confided in her about TT abusing her? You would think that if this information had been known to the police early on in the investigation that the family would be likely to be considered as suspects from the get-go.

I also wonder when Trent's friend told the police that Tia had complained about him to them? The words "Trent tried to touch me" indicate that Tia may have directly complained to his friend, as opposed to Trent telling his friend Tia was accusing him of this. I also wonder when/if Trent's cousin came clean about what Trent disclosed to her via messanger days before Tia disappeared. Was the message only uncovered when the police finally had permission from Facebook to search TT's message history?

So many questions..

Family members and those close to victims are always first looked at as persons of interest. Most murders are committed by a person known to the victim. Stranger murders are much rarer.

Yes, I'm aware of that, it's just that I've heard conflicting reports regarding about whether the police have always suspected the Thorburns were involved in Tia's murder. I've heard that the police had their suspicions all along about the Thorburns but tried to make it seem as if they were focusing on a random abduction type scenario in a bid to allow the Thorburns to let their guard down so they could possibly collect more evidence against them. I've also heard that the police genuinely had turned their attention from the family to the possibility of an external murderer, only to redirect their focus back to the family after receiving a tip-off earlier this year. I just wonder when the police first heard of TT's sexual contact with Tia, as that must've been a major development in the case.

Yes, I'm aware of that, it's just that I've heard conflicting reports regarding about whether the police have always suspected the Thorburns were involved in Tia's murder. I've heard that the police had their suspicions all along about the Thorburns but tried to make it seem as if they were focusing on a random abduction type scenario in a bid to allow the Thorburns to let their guard down so they could possibly collect more evidence against them. I've also heard that the police genuinely had turned their attention from the family to the possibility of an external murderer, only to redirect their focus back to the family after receiving a tip-off earlier this year. I just wonder when the police first heard of TT's sexual contact with Tia, as that must've been a major development in the case.

They were compelled to give evidence at the CCC hearings which we all know they had lied hence the perjury charges. When they first were called up not sure but they were being questioned again by CCC the day before they were arrested. I wonder when we will hear from RT and hear what they end up pleading to the charges and when it will go to trial if they plead NG?

I plan to be at the court next Monday for JT and son hearing

Holy Toledo - and we can expect more after this. That poor chicken and such a brave girl - thankfully she has stopped every other foster child from becoming a victim of the Thorburns.:angel:

I've sat back and watched this thread for a while but wanted to add.
Growing up as a ward of the state I was in both institutionalized care (2 different homes) and then was fostered by a relative at 13.

One of the group homes was fantastic and run by the government , the other the Salvation Army and was so strict and beatings occurred regularly . The in home foster care was a nightmare . I'm all for institutalised care if it's run properly .

Children in foster care have often been exposed to way more then they should . They often associate sex with love . They are often very sexually actively at a young age as they want to feel loved and wanted. The cretins in society know this and prey on these volnurable children and take advantage of them.

It's not until the foster children are older and realize with adult eyes looking back how bad the situations were .

The foster children don't report it as unfortunately to get justice ii is a long drawn out process and in Australia the court system is a joke and the perpetrator only gets a few years jail .

Just my 2 cents worth here &#128526;

Spot on Anonamouse, you said exactly what I meant and it is the sad truth for our young people in care.

100% agree! Also the move of yr 7 to highschool has made these kids, not be seen as kids anymore by the highschoolers. They all attend the same school so therefore are just one of them. We also had a big school assembly that we had to attend, given by a police officer from task force Argos, a criminal defence lawyer and child physiologists all due to the state of teenagers today! I learnt alot from that assembly. IMO all talk of teenagers/society and foster care is relevant to Tiahleigh's case as it covers her age, TT age and the broken system of today's norms in attitude and foster care.

Which State has recently moved Year 7 to High School? When I was at school, many years ago in Victoria, Primary School was:

Kindergarten
Grade 1
Grade 2
Grade 3
Grade 4
Grade 5
Grade 6

High School was:

Form 1 (now called Year 7)
Form 2 (Year 8 .... and so forth
Form 3
Form 4
Form 5
Form 6

I turned 12 in Form1/Year 7 at High School
My daughter also turned 12 in Year 7 at High School

As far as I am aware that is normal.

Queensland - Where Tia is from.
Which State has recently moved Year 7 to High School? When I was at school, many years ago in Victoria, Primary School was:

Kindergarten
Grade 1
Grade 2
Grade 3
Grade 4
Grade 5
Grade 6

High School was:

Form 3
Form 4
Form 5
Form 6

Kindergarten
Grade 1
Grade 2
Grade 3
Grade 4
Grade 5
Grade 6

High School was:

Form 3
Form 4
Form 5
Form 6

Queensland has. This is our first year of having year 7 as part of high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme