Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the dates for the next court appearances for these undesireables?
It has been reported that Rick needs to have a psychiatric evaluation done before his next court appearance, I think.
I wonder if Hairbro has run out of hair products yet or are his supplies being topped up by someone..:pullhair:

Rick due back in court Feb 22

the reasons given by the investigating detectives and police in the matter of Trent Thornton must be compelling.. It is not that often that someone of Trent's age is kept on remand without bail, considering his charges, when comparing them with the ones Rick is facing.

That is, Trent isn't charged with murder, yet no bail is even considered by the court as a usual process. Which makes me think the objection to bail by the Police must be of the nature of terrific risk and impending additional charges.

We'll see how it goes. Whatever it is, his own lawyer can come up with nothing that appears to have any impact that could change Trent's current status.

the reasons given by the investigating detectives and police in the matter of Trent Thornton must be compelling.. It is not that often that someone of Trent's age is kept on remand without bail, considering his charges, when comparing them with the ones Rick is facing.

That is, Trent isn't charged with murder, yet no bail is even considered by the court as a usual process. Which makes me think the objection to bail by the Police must be of the nature of terrific risk and impending additional charges.

We'll see how it goes. Whatever it is, his own lawyer can come up with nothing that appears to have any impact that could change Trent's current status.

Wasn't it said that the reason for denial of bail was the risk he would interfere with his mother and brothers testimony?

Wasn't it said that the reason for denial of bail was the risk he would interfere with his mother and brothers testimony?
Combination of re-offending (as Tia was not the first time he'd been involved in an incident with a minor) and interfering with witnesses which I dare say includes the cousin.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes , that is so, but it no explanation is given re the risk of Julene interfering with Joshua's testimony, or Josh interfering with Julene's, or both, or either of those two interfering with anyone else's testimony in regard to Rick and Trent. Considering those two and their determination to keep quiet and lie to police for a whole year, and to the Crime Commission hearings, on many occasions, it isn't improbable that either of them, alone or in concert wouldn't at least have a shot at merely interfering with anyone's testimony against their precious boy.

Which is why it seems plain that there has to be a whole lot more. Incest , for all it's horror, is not on the scale of things as serious as murder, which is the highest level ( apart from treason ) of indictment. And that particular charge , since Tia is deceased , can not be replicated , unless it is thought that Joshua is in danger of being sexually interfered with by Trent.

And Trent's age is another curiosity for being refused bail. The combination of his age, and the charges laid against him, leading to refusal of bail is unusual.

Don't get me wrong. I think he should be locked in a small shed forever and thrown a crust of stale bread every now and then for the rest of his natural life. It is merely that his situation is curious, to me. In the light of his mother and brother receiving bail almost immediately, and yes, they blabbed on Rick and Trent, sure, but even so. .. it is curious.

Yes , that is so, but it no explanation is given re the risk of Julene interfering with Joshua's testimony, or Josh interfering with Julene's, or both, or either of those two interfering with anyone else's testimony in regard to Rick and Trent. Considering those two and their determination to keep quiet and lie to police for a whole year, and to the Crime Commission hearings, on many occasions, it isn't improbable that either of them, alone or in concert wouldn't at least have a shot at merely interfering with anyone's testimony against their precious boy.

Which is why it seems plain that there has to be a whole lot more. Incest , for all it's horror, is not on the scale of things as serious as murder, which is the highest level ( apart from treason ) of indictment. And that particular charge , since Tia is deceased , can not be replicated , unless it is thought that Joshua is in danger of being sexually interfered with by Trent.

And Trent's age is another curiosity for being refused bail. The combination of his age, and the charges laid against him, leading to refusal of bail is unusual.

Don't get me wrong. I think he should be locked in a small shed forever and thrown a crust of stale bread every now and then for the rest of his natural life. It is merely that his situation is curious, to me. In the light of his mother and brother receiving bail almost immediately, and yes, they blabbed on Rick and Trent, sure, but even so. .. it is curious.

At Trents bail hearing it was said he was a flight risk.

I know someone who knew the family through horses. They said you never would of picked them as what has come out. They hid it well. I am told they came across as the nicest of people. That is how these types fly under the radar

FACADE

fəˈsɑːd/
noun

a deceptive outward appearance.
"her flawless public facade masked private despair"
synonyms: show, front, appearance, false display, pretence, simulation, affectation, semblance, illusion, posture, pose, sham, fake, act, masquerade, charade, guise, mask, cloak, veil, veneer
"a facade of laughing bonhomie"

What are you thinking there, Trooper? TT is a chip off the old block? IMO would explain the gravity of his present situation.

If Tia was considered an income stream was she used up as unpaid help. I wonder if she was expected to feed and groom the horses, help with the sausage van and prepare meals while JT was at these shows.
If that was the case then possibly there was that lack of respect filtered down from the parents to the boys.

It would be interesting if Tia spoke to her friends about how much work she was expected to do around the property and the business and did she complain about the lack of allowances for her.
Let's face it, it's our tax-payer dollars that should have looked after that little girl to dress well and attend school with pride.
Just thinking out loud here.

The Thorburn's must pay the price for this.

What are you thinking there, Trooper? TT is a chip off the old block? IMO would explain the gravity of his present situation.

The gravity... I like it. It is the habit of police prosecutors worldwide to give only enough information to the court to achieve an outcome, in the early stages of a prosecution. Just enough to have bail opposition agreed to, for example.

At this point, Trent is on the tightrope, with only the safety net of his father's 'admission' and his mothers 'alibi' for him ( 'he was with her and Joshua on a night out' conveniently ) .. and that's about all. The only other flimsy safety net is the current claim that no one in that family spoke about Tia's death / disappearance/ murder at all, at any time , either before the fact or after it.

Flimsy, because it just defies common experience and sense to believe it. I go as far as believing that discussions, at least one , took place about Tia's death before her murder, but certainly there had to be some talk between them , after. Their stories are very smooth, and they managed, collectively and individually, to delay and stall and convince the police for an entire year, while the search was underway.

Not to mention being capable of rocking up to a dance event and be presented with a trophy for Tia, bold faced and convincingly.

It is hard to believe the four of them managed to pull this off , among the community, day in, day out , under scrutiny 24/7 without lots of bonding , huddling and conversation and instruction from Rick and Julene. Not to mention Trent. There were formidable, collectively, acting as a tight knit group. Collectively, they surely discussed this presentation.

The solicitor claimed they were now a broken family. As any solicitor would. But I doubt it. There is far too much evidence of them being totally united in the cover up of the murder of Tia to make that claim worth questioning.

Hi Trooper the family did discuss the death as recently it was reported the Crime and Corruption Commission had covertly bugged their home and recorded discussions between them all. And so much for Rick looking out for Trent and worried about him going to jail. Soon as Rick is charged he overdoses. Leaves his some out to dry. Rick only cared about himself. He is a true sociopath. Carried on normally after the murder with no remorse Purchasing a new muscle car and having his car and face plastered all over FB. Advertising for new students to stay with them for Christmas. Cold as bloody ice. He killed a child without a single thought. He did not love Tia.

Hi Trooper the family did discuss the death as recently it was reported the Crime and Corruption Commission had covertly bugged their home and recorded discussions between them all. And so much for Rick looking out for Trent and worried about him going to jail. Soon as Rick is charged he overdoses. Leaves his some out to dry. Rick only cared about himself. He is a true sociopath. Carried on normally after the murder with no remorse Purchasing a new muscle car and having his car and face plastered all over FB. Advertising for new students to stay with them for Christmas. Cold as bloody ice. He killed a child without a single thought. He did not love Tia.

Arvo, Champaign.... your input is appreciated... the closest eye and ear , so to speak.

The one thing Rick hasn't blabbed about is the peculiar sexual habits he felt comfortable about exposing to two little girls before Tia... . I suppose it isn't the thing one does talk about in his situation.

He would want to keep that quiet, since it casts doubt on his claimed motivation... ' I did it to save my son!'...
He would have wanted total control over Tia, and it would have driven him nuts to find out his son had flown under the radar in regard to Tia. If in fact , this is true, not that Trent didn't do it, but that Rick didn't know he was sexually interfering with Tia.. I find that hard to credit.

I think Rick was forcing her to submit to his requirements in the sexual nature of things and finding out that so had Trent was the provocation for his, and possibly his and Trent's murderous rage.

That explains how Rick overdosed....He would have been on medication for his mental disorder?....Thus the court needing the full mental evaluation....It was while he was in the Watchhouse after he was charged that he tried to suicide (about which the media did not give details).

As the Court requests a full mental assessment before his next court appearance on 22/2/17, his solicitor will probably use information from the report to try to get Rick off the murder charge and eventually into a mental facility/jail....Another Oscar Pistorius similar trial (hopefully not)...MOO..:sick::sick::sick:

That explains how Rick overdosed....He would have been on medication for his mental disorder?....Thus the court needing the full mental evaluation....It was while he was in the Watchhouse after he was charged that he tried to suicide (about which the media did not give details).

As the Court requests a full mental assessment before his next court appearance on 22/2/17, his solicitor will probably use information from the report to try to get Rick off the murder charge and eventually into a mental facility/jail....Another Oscar Pistorius similar trial (hopefully not)...MOO..:sick::sick::sick:

It's common practice in murder cases in QLD to order a mental assessment. It means squat. It won't do him any good. Its again just a time delayer. Rick may of been on Blood Pressure or hear meds (overdosing on those would cause sudden collapse like what happened) He does not have a previous mental disorder. Just a sociopathic narcissistic condition. They are good actors. Turning on the charm. Fooling all those they associate with. Rick is going down for murder no ifs or buts.He will spend time in jail and probably due to his age and fitness etc die there. He is an older man who will get knocked off or go down hill health wise. His life is over as he knew it.

It's common practice in murder cases in QLD to order a mental assessment. It means squat. It won't do him any good. Its again just a time delayer. Rick may of been on Blood Pressure or hear meds (overdosing on those would cause sudden collapse like what happened) He does not have a previous mental disorder. Just a sociopathic narcissistic condition. They are good actors. Turning on the charm. Fooling all those they associate with. Rick is going down for murder no ifs or buts.He will spend time in jail and probably due to his age and fitness etc die there. He is an older man who will get knocked off or go down hill health wise. His life is over as he knew it.

Champaign.....I was unaware that overdosing on blood pressure and heart medications could cause a sudden collapse like what happened to Rick.....I just assumed that it could only happen by overdosing on medications for mental illnesses - insomnia, depression, bipolar etc....Are you aware that Rick doesn't have a previous mental disorder?

My point is of what benefit would it have been for him to take medication to cause a "sudden collapse only"....My understanding for wanting to "suicide" is that you "want to end your life" - not just aim for "a sudden collapse" as he is such a coward and didn't want to face being held accountable for Tia's death and all the other charges he is yet to face....He panicked and thought that suicide would be the easy way out for him.....Well, no such luck Rick....face up to all the charges that lay ahead for you (as I think there may be more to come)...MOO..:thinking:

Hi Tiddles, I believe that you would need to take very large amounts of a psychiatric medicine for there to be a risk of fatality and in most cases it would take many hours to have the effect. I think that with heart medicines, the therapeutic dose and the fatal dose are closer together.

Champaign.....I was unaware that overdosing on blood pressure and heart medications could cause a sudden collapse like what happened to Rick.....I just assumed that it could only happen by overdosing on medications for mental illnesses - insomnia, depression, bipolar etc....Are you aware that Rick doesn't have a previous mental disorder?

My point is of what benefit would it have been for him to take medication to cause a "sudden collapse only"....My understanding for wanting to "suicide" is that you "want to end your life" - not just aim for "a sudden collapse" as he is such a coward and didn't want to face being held accountable for Tia's death and all the other charges he is yet to face....He panicked and thought that suicide would be the easy way out for him.....Well, no such luck Rick....face up to all the charges that lay ahead for you (as I think there may be more to come)...MOO..:thinking:

Overdosing on heart med for BP meds can be fatal. My thoughts only but suspect he was on BP medication (he has that classic look of high BP LOL) so he would of probably had them on him. I am only surmising. We have not heard anything else up here on what he had take. Hence panic and try to OD. Thought it was the way out. No such luck RICK . You will have to face the music.

I was also shocked to hear Julene rocked up at a local Logan supermarket. She was accosted in the car park by locals. More front than Myers. Why would you do that after what this family did? Show their faces locally??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quiet Place