Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indian suspect ‘left Australia after Toyah Cordingley’s murder’

"It is believed that the married father-of-three, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, booked a flight back to India the evening of the murder and flew out the next day."

Just to emphasise this point, despite it not being direct from an official LE source. Not sure whether there are already whispers of a particular name going about, but best not to sleuth any possible suspects until (if) there is an official release from LE. I'm sure that this goes without saying for most of us here anyway!

I suppose police could get his DNA from items in his residence? I wonder if they could also ask for the kids’ DNA to test for a paternal match with DNA at the crime scene...

Last edited:
This makes the post of Toyah's about being able to walk around as a woman even more sad. India has its own problems with violent rape and murder of women, how dare this guy go to Australia to perpetrate it on her. I am so enraged.

Hi, this is my first post, I've been watching this case for a few weeks now because I used to live in Cairns and my folks lived at Lake Placid. It was great to see a breakthrough on this.

There was an enrolled nurse by that same name, whose Linked-In profile has them at Innisfail Hospital. Innisfail is around 90 kilometres south of Cairns, and even further from Wangetti beach.

If you Google the name of the person + Innisfail, there is a hospital newsletter with a person by this name, showing a photo. May not be the same person of course. It's unusual to have a) an Indian nurse b) who is male c) working in Innisfail d) in a hospital, that just happens to have exactly the same name as the male, indian nurse from near Cairns, that QPOL are now looking for.

So from that first 7 news report, they saw the suspect driving in the area around Wangetti and possibly other areas on dashcams and also in the cctv from the intersection. Triangulated his and the victims phones in the same areas at the same times, which probably led them to Lake Placid. Were able to track him on all of his travels on the day of the murder, all the way back to his house, and they’ve obviously been able to see from records that he booked the flight soon after returning home that day. Interesting that they spoke about having him linked to forensic evidence left at the crime scene, which says to me that they’ve been able to get his DNA profile from his house, work records or some other source in Australia to match up with. Is it standard practice for QHS staff to have their DNA recorded as part of being employed? I wonder what driving erratically means - assuming dashcams have caught him overtaking at speed on the highway, or jumping in and out of lanes etc.

And for anyone concerned about him being found in India - we tend to look at the population and think it’s impossible, but that’s only because Australia is so small in comparison. Indian authorities are very capable at finding people in their own backyard, and I’d be surprised if this one isn’t tracked down quickly.

All MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member