Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Indian accused of killing Toyah Cordingley as she walked a dog is 'living like a free man' back home | Daily Mail Online

Indian accused of murdering Toyah Cordingley as she walked her dog on a beach is 'living like a free man' back home after leaving Australia the day after her body was found

Mr Singh has extended family living in his home town of Amritsan in Punjab state, near the Pakistani border about 450km north of India's capital New Delhi, but they say nobody has come to investigate.

'No one from Indian police, Australian authorities or any other officer from administration have come up here to investigate Rajwinder Singh,' an unnamed close family member told the Courier Mail.

Mr Singh's uncle told 7News that Singh had not been in contact with the family there.

Indian police have said they would be happy to search for Mr Singh - but nobody has officially asked them for help.

Indian accused of killing Toyah Cordingley as she walked a dog is 'living like a free man' back home | Daily Mail Online

Indian accused of murdering Toyah Cordingley as she walked her dog on a beach is 'living like a free man' back home after leaving Australia the day after her body was found

Mr Singh has extended family living in his home town of Amritsan in Punjab state, near the Pakistani border about 450km north of India's capital New Delhi, but they say nobody has come to investigate.

'No one from Indian police, Australian authorities or any other officer from administration have come up here to investigate Rajwinder Singh,' an unnamed close family member told the Courier Mail.

Mr Singh's uncle told 7News that Singh had not been in contact with the family there.

Indian police have said they would be happy to search for Mr Singh - but nobody has officially asked them for help.

The article also says that we haven't applied for extradition. I looked at the rules for extradition. Seems we have to be pretty convinced (have proof) that he is the murderer. I wonder if that is a major stumbling block ... unless his DNA has been left under Toyah's fingernails, or something like that.

Requests for surrender of persons to Australia
A request by Australia for the surrender of a person from a country (other than New Zealand) in relation to an offence against a law of Australia of which the person is accused or of which the person has been convicted shall only be made by or with the authority of the Attorney‑General.
Extradition Act 1988

Toyah Cordingley murder brief of evidence tied up in red tape for months

A brief of evidence recommending the arrest of a key person of interest in the murder of Cairns woman Toyah Cordingley, languished with police lawyers for months.
9News can reveal homicide detectives finalized a comprehensive brief of evidence, recommending Singh's arrest, four months ago.
Before a decision on whether Singh will be extradited is made, the brief must move up the chain inside the Queensland Police Service, to state prosecutors and then to the federal Attorney-General.
But it spent months with police lawyers, wrapped in red tape, before being handed to the Director of Public Prosecutions just a week ago.

Toyah Cordingley murder brief of evidence tied up in red tape for months

Wow I followed this case early on and was hoping by now there would be some sort of resolve....

So the Indian man suspect still at large and nothing new??? How can this be? Whatever happened to his family he left behind? And his father?

Key person of interest in murder of Cairns dog walker Toyah Cordingley living as 'free man' in India | Daily Mail Online

Justice for Toyah Cordingley: Fury as it's revealed key person of interest in brutal beach murder of young dog walker is living as a 'free man' in India 622 days after fleeing Australia
  • Toyah Cordingley, 24, was killed while she walked her dog at a beach in 2018
  • Her naked body was found battered and bruised by her father the morning after
  • Key person of interest Rajwinder Singh fled to India the day her body was found
  • Australian police haven't issued an arrest warrant or a global Interpol 'red alert'
  • Without an official order, police can't arrest Singh - who is living as a free man

His hometown isn't really a cave in the mountains, it looks like quite a regional hub, and very close to Pakistan. Of course he can be anywhere, but home (and surrounds) is a likely location.

(Inserting map as I don't recall seeing it)
iMarkup_20200707_022127.jpg

Don't know anything about the family, but re.com says the house is 'Off Market" - not sold or otherwise.

ETA: another real estate site, (not a popular one) says it is for sale.

They possibly can't sell the house because Rajwinder Singh is likely listed as the owner. A contract for the sale of the house can't proceed, if he is unable to sign that contract. Their options are: a) The entire family leaves Australia and abandons the premises, or the family stays and continues to make repayments. Unless Rajwinder signs the contract, the house can't be sold.

Fresh twist in the case of murdered Toyah Cordingley as family reveal why her alleged killer may never face trial - as they reveal a series of police failures
  • Toyah Cordingley, 24, killed while walking her dog at a beach in October 2018
  • Her naked body was found battered and bruised by her father the morning after
  • Key person of interest Rajwinder Singh fled to India the day her body was found
  • Without an official order, police can't arrest Singh - who is living as a free man
  • Cousin of 24-year-old said family simply told Singh was 'wanted for questioning'
  • The cousin Rachelle Foss also criticised police for being 'careless' with evidence
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8613981/Toyah-Cordingleys-family-reveal-prime-suspect-never-faced-trial-Wangetti-Beach-murder.html

Toyah Cordingley's family vow to keep fighting for justice, two years after her murder
Killer still on the run two years after young woman's brutal murder on beach
It’s quite astonishing really that in today’s world this is possible. You can murder someone and disappear into another country and live free. Wow just wow.

I do wonder what the suspects family is going through. He left behind a wife and kids. And his father who went to look for him? What happened with that???

they are making a documentary, I’d love to see it

It’s quite astonishing really that in today’s world this is possible. You can murder someone and disappear into another country and live free. Wow just wow.

I do wonder what the suspects family is going through. He left behind a wife and kids. And his father who went to look for him? What happened with that???

they are making a documentary, I’d love to see it

I wonder if the wife and kids are in India now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickirickicito
Back