Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If Singh’s innocent, wouldn’t he want to return to Australia straight away to cooperate and clear his name? His wife & kids are still here, so being able to live in or visit Australia would ordinarily be something an innocent person would want to protect surely. He’s been gone for a couple of months almost now, and his family say they’ve had no contact. He’s at least either mentally disturbed, guilty, or both.

I wondered the same, when they said that the killer's clothes would have been damaged. I can only think that Indie may have attacked him as well, and torn his clothing in some way. I still don't understand how he got control of the dog, whether it was at the start of the attack or end. I also agree and think Toyah fought back. It's just so sad to even imagine the horror that beautiful girl went through.

I think it is possible that he made Toyah tie her dog to the tree. If he threatened that he would kill or harm the dog if she didn't. He may have already kicked or been violent toward her dog, so she believed him. If so, Toyah likely did not think, at that stage, the sexual assault would include murder. :(

Dog belonging to woman, 24, slain while walking along a beach is found tied to a tree near her body – as police are expected to examine the pup for clues to help hunt her killer
Police expected to examine Toyah Cordingley's dog after she is murdered on quiet Queensland beach | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Poor Toyahs family dealing with the circus this case has become!
There’s pro’s & con’s to the attention. I’ve also heard a growing number of people (in FNQ) remark that Toyah’s receiving more support & attention than the other 60+ women murdered this year, apart possibly from Melbourne’s Eurydice Dixon. A pro of it all is that the attention generates awareness, information and leads. Nevertheless the torment on the family’s would feel endless & insufferable.

It think it is possible that he made Toyah tie her dog to the tree. If he threatened that he would kill the dog if she didn't. He may have already kicked or been violent toward her dog, so she believed him. If so, Toyah likely did not think, at that stage, the sexual assault would include murder. :(

Dog belonging to woman, 24, slain while walking along a beach is found tied to a tree near her body – as police are expected to examine the pup for clues to help hunt her killer
Police expected to examine Toyah Cordingley's dog after she is murdered on quiet Queensland beach | Daily Mail Online
I tend to think he tied the dog to the tree once she was immobilised (concussed or hurt), as the dog was found tied so tight to the tree that it couldn’t sit down (all night long too). Toyah was known as an animal lover, so I can’t see her tying the dog that tight.

David Murray (The Australian) has clearly been given his info from someone. I'm thinking it's come from his brother, who would not be media savvy, is in a state of shock and for whom English is probably not a first language. Media taking advantage.

Unable to include quote for some reason.
I can’t see David Walker flying off to follow a person or case without good reason. He’s a crime reporter and there’s a lot of crime happening, so I reckon he’d be in close contact with the police and would be very choosy about where he invests his time. That he’s now off to watch Singh’s father’s search could be seen as very telling.

Might be an unpopular view but I find it strange that the police are asking people to stop speculating - I mean, at the start they did such a good job keeping people informed with the press conferences, and the media tended to report only what they were told in those pressers. Then they start to give less information out, the press conferences seem to dry up, and the media starts searching for their own answers. It doesn’t seem realistic to me. And I don’t believe a word about it being such an open investigation with multiple POI’s - the information the media has reported over the past few days hasn’t been made up, it’s been leaked, presumably by someone within the QPS. It’s really poor form by whoever did it, but again, if the police had at least tried to keep the media and public informed as much as they did earlier on, that temptation to search (the media) and leak (presumably in the QPS) would have been minimised.

Either a red herring or something is amiss here. Crime scene DNA would be clear. Police took DNA from Singh family to check if it matched Raj Singh’s. Where did they get Rav Singhs DNA in the first place? The crime scene?

Also again, how do you have “several POI” with one offender?

“Acting Sergeant Russell Parker from Cairns Police has called for calm, saying there were ‘several persons of interest’.

‘There's a danger that with this being reported that we have solved this and I can assure everyone that no, we haven't solved it, in fact we are a long, long way from the end of this investigation,’ he said.”

Might be an unpopular view but I find it strange that the police are asking people to stop speculating - I mean, at the start they did such a good job keeping people informed with the press conferences, and the media tended to report only what they were told in those pressers. Then they start to give less information out, the press conferences seem to dry up, and the media starts searching for their own answers. It doesn’t seem realistic to me. And I don’t believe a word about it being such an open investigation with multiple POI’s - the information the media has reported over the past few days hasn’t been made up, it’s been leaked, presumably by someone within the QPS. It’s really poor form by whoever did it, but again, if the police had at least tried to keep the media and public informed as much as they did earlier on, that temptation to search (the media) and leak (presumably in the QPS) would have been minimised.

If this is the work of an informant, the motivation may have been disgruntled frustration with the police pace or lack of public communication. It hasn’t served the Singh family well, yet has instilled a sense of relief and security amongst the general public. It could be that there’s a political element or influence running here as well.

Agree Rocket. After some fairly heavy deliberation, IMO there are two scenarios.
IF GUILTY. People have seen him or his car at Wangetti beach that day. And remembered the plate number. Also people have reported :"THE SAME PLATE NUMBER AND CAR" driving erratically towards Cairns that afternoon. When that vehicle passes you, there is a large chance you would "look at the driver and your passenger too" and notice details. And then bike riders, walkers, picnickers and general public have noted the same things near Lake Placid.
No doubt police would 100% have multiple DNA from the scene, including Indi's.
So why raid his residence in what looked like a complete sweep for no reason.
IF NOT GUILTY. Then he has either witnessed this murder. Or taken part in a sexual with someone else .

“Important Message To All Cairns Cyclists;

This is a call out to all cyclists with Go Pros that ride up to the Barron River Power Station at Lake Placid to hand over any video footage from the 21st October between 4-6pm to Crime Stoppers in relation to the Toyah Cordingley murder investigation.
Especially any footage of Impey Street, Lake Placid Road and Lower Barron Bridge. Please pass this message onto any other cyclists or local cycle pages in your network.Thanks, lets hope it all helps the police solve this case and give Toyah's family a little bit of closure.”

Cairns Cycle Gossip

Maybe it was more than one. It’s strange IMO the father has also left the country. Shouldn’t the wife have gone? Odd. Leaving the wife and three kids to deal with these repercussions. The brother says he’s too meek and kind, the neighbors don’t believe it either. Maybe he witnessed something and felt scared for his life? But wouldn’t you feel scared for your family too? Who actually saw the scratches? And again... the DNA... would help if we knew what and where. What if it was eg from a coke can in the car park as opposed to anything else?

Maybe it was more than one. It’s strange IMO the father has also left the country. Shouldn’t the wife have gone? Odd. Leaving the wife and three kids to deal with these repercussions. The brother says he’s too meek and kind, the neighbors don’t believe it either. Maybe he witnessed something and felt scared for his life? But wouldn’t you feel scared for your family too? Who actually saw the scratches? And again... the DNA... would help if we knew what and where. What if it was eg from a coke can in the car park as opposed to anything else?
The kids are young and in school, with one apparently being an infant. The father apparently lived with them too. The decision was probably made due to practical and cultural factors. The neighbours also said the wife hasn’t stopped crying. Seems there’s a fair few family members living nearby in Innisfail, and providing support along with their Sikh community. “Meek, kind, fearful” doesn’t mean a thing in the scheme of things as people snap. Rape is also about getting off on having power and control over a victim, more than sexual gratification. Rapists are often people who feel powerless, oppressed or controlled themselves. Singh apparently hasn’t even contacted his wife or family. He may have been friendly, meek & mild, but he also disappeared for days on end and his wife probably had a really difficult time with his erratic behaviour. Then he just takes off overseas without a backward glance. Maybe his father is controlling and dominant. We don’t know his history, context or full story, but he’s coming across already as quite gutless, deceitful & irresponsible. There may have been DNA all over the crime scene, including on Toyah & Jersey. It doesn’t feel premeditated or like careful planning occurred, so the scene may have been messy. They picked up his DNA, as they tested his family a good month ago for a match. That’s pretty full-on searching his home & DNA swabbing his family. Anything could be happening, but I just bet he’s the culprit. What’s weird is why the police are stressing the investigation is far from solved or finished, they want more people to come forward with info and there’s more than one POI.

I have spoken to many Indian Nationals who reside in Australia throughout my employment. As I am a cricket fan I always ask, if they follow the game, considering it is nearly a religion in India, a lot of the "professional " people I have spoken with have said, no. My next question is nearly always." Would you rather live here or India". 99% no actually 100% say Australia?
He knows he has ruined any chance of remaining here. And cannot come to terms with what went down. Especially given the highlighting of DV assaults against women, on MSM here. Good on his DAD for either, trying to get him back as a witness, or get him to face up to his crime.
Why when you have moved from an impoverished country 9 years ago, to a nation with so much higher living standards and opportunities plus a fulltime job, would you up and leave ASAP. And not contact anyone in your family.
Mistress? NO.
GUILTY or involved. HELLO.

The way I interpreted the "multiple persons of interest" was not as in it was multiple offenders but more as though they had DNA from one offender at the scene but to be able to cross match the DNA they wanted to test samples from multiple people to determine the one offender ?

Personally I am confident this is the offender and don't believe the police comments that they are not so confident as they admitted earlier that they will be looking into the leak internally.... So there must of been a leak. If it was just the media making stuff up they would call them out on it.

Perhaps the police were able to obtain video or photos of the POI at the airport. Interestingly enough when you enter and leave india they require your finger prints.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18
Back