Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Queensland Health-registered nurse reportedly worked at Innisfail hospital, south of Cairns. His name is Rajwinder Singh

An international manhunt has been launched to track down the suspected killer and AFP has already contacted their Indian counterparts and the Interpol seeking assistance. It is believed that the man, whose name has not been released, booked a flight back to India the evening of the murder and flew out the next day.

???

The Queensland Health-registered nurse reportedly worked at Innisfail hospital, south of Cairns. His name is Rajwinder Singh

An international manhunt has been launched to track down the suspected killer and AFP has already contacted their Indian counterparts and the Interpol seeking assistance. It is believed that the man, whose name has not been released, booked a flight back to India the evening of the murder and flew out the next day.

???

Looks like they were too busy cutting & pasting to edit :D :D

Singh is in the bad books over something or he’d voluntarily come back to speak with the police. This has become too huge for him to ignore. He’s on the run from the cops as he’s guilty. Of what, we don’t know.

Assume Singh's the killer. What's the hold-up?

In my experience here, it can take quite a while before an arrest happens. Even when the police ‘know’ who the killer is.

A few examples …. Kylie Blackwood - 3 years before an arrest, Karen Ristevski - 1½ years before an arrest, Novy Chardon - over 3 years before an arrest.

Usually, I think, it is a case of getting enough proof to ensure a prosecutor can try a successful case, with no reasonable doubt present.

I think that is why the police, in this case, may like the publicity - even if they find some elements of it unhelpful. They may need more help, more proof, more witnesses perhaps, more public assistance. They have certainly asked for the assistance to keep rolling in, with this latest bunch of publicity.

Last edited:
Singh is in the bad books over something or he’d voluntarily come back to speak with the police. This has become too huge for him to ignore. He’s on the run from the cops as he’s guilty. Of what, we don’t know.
Or at least make known to them his whereabouts. I'm not sure I'd expect an innocent man, not wealthy, to pay for international flights to attend questioning.

But perhaps police do know where he is and are negotiating with his lawyer how questioning can happen.

In my experience here, it can take quite a while before an arrest happens. Even when the police ‘know’ who the killer is.

A few examples …. Kylie Blackwood - 3 years before an arrest, Karen Ristevski - 1½ years before an arrest, Novy Chardon - over 3 years before an arrest.

Usually, I think, it is a case of getting enough proof to ensure a prosecutor can try a successful case, with no reasonable doubt present.

I think that is why the police, in this case, may like the publicity - even if they find some elements of it unhelpful. They may need more help, more proof, more witnesses perhaps, more public assistance. They have certainly asked for the assistance to keep rolling in, with this latest bunch of publicity.

All true. I was reading one today about Lindy Williams killing and dumping George Gerbic's torso. They got her in part through the info detected by a forensic anthropologist and also following up on the medication found in his system. They even knocked on her door and spoke to her about him and his medication, as he was on the list of thousands of people using particular medication. They matched his DNA with his families. It takes a while to gather all the splinters of evidence and make it incontestable.

Or at least make known to them his whereabouts. I'm not sure I'd expect an innocent man, not wealthy, to pay for international flights to attend questioning.

But perhaps police do know where he is and are negotiating with his lawyer how questioning can happen.

Yes, I have been wondering if the element that the police haven't liked about this publicity is that Singh fled overseas.
It would not help their efforts if the public thought that there would be little chance of getting him back here. Maybe little further public assistance would be forthcoming.

They could know exactly where he is, and be privately negotiating, as you say. Part of the negotiations could even include Singh/his lawyer saying they don't like the insinuations in the media in Australia. That they need to stop.

The good thing is, the public now know who is on the POI list and can help, if they know oddities or have past relevant experiences with Singh, or saw him on the day and are now questioning his behaviour.

Last edited:
Yes, I have been wondering if the element that the police haven't liked about this publicity is that Singh fled overseas.
It would not help their efforts if the public thought that there would be little chance of getting him back here. Maybe little further public assistance would be forthcoming.

They could know exactly where he is, and be privately negotiating, as you say. Part of the negotiations could even include Singh/his lawyer saying they don't like the insinuations in the media in Australia.

If the police need him back for an interview, they'd foot the bill surely? Given the profile of this case and the emotion of the community, can you really see the police telling us if they have, or do fly him back for questioning? It would be a frenzy, and he'd be so disturbed, which his defense would exploit to the hilt to protect him further. Maybe this is factoring into the police telling everyone to stop speculating as it'll jeopardise things for them, including how they handle him and where. A POI needs to be interviewed asap surely.

Actually, if police had known where to find Mr Singh in India, say, a week after the crime, would they have flown out to have a look at him or would that have been undiplomatic toward a foreign government? Ideally they'd proceed through formal channels and the Indian police, but meanwhile scratches could be healing and the story is being polished. What do they do, when they don't want to arrest someone but they do want to talk to them--fast?

If the police need him back for an interview, they'd foot the bill surely? Given the profile of this case and the emotion of the community, can you really see the police telling us if they have, or do fly him back for questioning? It would be a frenzy, and he'd be so disturbed, which his defense would exploit to the hilt to protect him further. Maybe this is factoring into the police telling everyone to stop speculating as it'll jeopardise things for them, including how they handle him and where. A POI needs to be interviewed asap surely.

I think our police would go to him. I don't think we can force him back for questioning.

He would need to have legal representation, and our police would need Indian approval as they would be out of their jurisdiction. Otherwise the Indian authorities would need to handle it, and they would not have such a good grip on the scenario. Interview tactics may be different there, all evidence may be revealed when that may not benefit our police, etc.

Actually, if police had known where to find Mr Singh in India, say, a week after the crime, would they have flown out to have a look at him or would that have been undiplomatic toward a foreign government? Ideally they'd proceed through formal channels and the Indian police, but meanwhile scratches could be healing and the story is being polished. What do they do, when they don't want to arrest someone but they do want to talk to them--fast?

The police would've needed a warrant to search his Innisfail home.
The search allegedly happened 4 weeks after the crime.
They would've known Singh was out of the country.
They would've searched his home asap upon gathering enough evidence to justify it.
The witness accounts of seeing scratches & bite marks on him (if true) would be extremely important evidence. Maybe its enough to have the witness accounts of this. Maybe the police have already gone after him to catch sight of the marks on him, or someone is already monitoring him where ever he is. I'm not completely buying that his father wouldn't be able to find him, especially if he flew into his hometown.
"It’s understood he went to his hometown of Amritsar in the northwest Indian state of Punjab. There are reports he is now living in Anupgarh, a remote village along the Indian/Pakistani border. Rajwinder’s father has not been able to track him down."

They would've searched his home asap upon gathering enough evidence to justify it.
The witness accounts of seeing scratches & bite marks on him (if true) would be extremely important evidence. Maybe its enough to have the witness accounts of this. Maybe the police have already gone after him to catch sight of the marks on him, or someone is already monitoring him where ever he is. I'm not completely buying that his father wouldn't be able to find him, especially if he flew into his hometown.
"It’s understood he went to his hometown of Amritsar in the northwest Indian state of Punjab. There are reports he is now living in Anupgarh, a remote village along the Indian/Pakistani border. Rajwinder’s father has not been able to track him down."

I have to say, I am questioning why his father returned to India. I don't feel convinced that it was to find Singh and persuade him to return.

That may be the family's public stance ... but I am not convinced.

I have to say, I am questioning why his father returned to India. I don't feel convinced that it was to find Singh and persuade him to return.

That may be the family's public stance ... but I am not convinced.

My thoughts too - to help him hide? Surely dad has more connections in India that RS, given he's older & has most likely spent more time there. I hope, if that's the case, somebody else with moral fibre will give away his whereabouts to authorities (insert prayer symbol)

I wonder if the Lake Placid suspicious activity came about before the 4 week search warrant too? They probably had various reasons for the search warrant..?

I have faith that, if RS is in the frame, there will be plenty of evidence that will bring about a swift conviction:
-DNA from the scene linking RS to Toyah’s body, the leash of the tied-up dog and possibly from items retrieved from Lake Placid area.
-identical pinging from the phones of Toyah and RS along identical routes.
-witness testimony placing RS in the vicinity and along time-specific trajectories in and out of key locations
-big picture information re: other incidents, internet history, workplace performance etc.
If he is the guy there will be a surfeit of evidence and I hope he will see his day in court, in Australia, to see justice served...

Last edited:
It's been said RS was reported missing by family several days before the crime. Where was he living in those days, and where did he spend the night after the crime before catching a plane the next morning? If he wasn't living there, the Innisfail family wouldn't have seen any scratches. Was he staying with someone else, or living out of his car? Perhaps the car was seen "camping" in the Lake Placid area?

It's been said RS was reported missing by family several days before the crime. Where was he living in those days, and where did he spend the night after the crime before catching a plane the next morning? If he wasn't living there, the Innisfail family wouldn't have seen any scratches. Was he staying with someone else, or living out of his car? Perhaps the car was seen "camping" in the Lake Placid area?
I will have to go back and read the sources again, but I believe it was reported that he had started to take extended, 2-3 day breaks from his home at remote beach locations and in the recent past his family had filed a MP report...initially it was not reported that it was the same weekend as Toyah’s disappearence, but a week earlier.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc
Back