Australia Australia - Two Female Backpackers attacked at Salt Creek, SA, 9 Feb 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What we have all been waiting for the backpacker trial submissions before sentencing I assume. Late start.

• [h=2]Court Details[/h] Date: Thursday 11th May 2017 at 2:15p.m.
    Court: Supreme Court
    Court Room: COURT 1
    Judicial Officer: Justice KELLY

[h=2]Case Details[/h] Participant: H, R. (SUPPRESSED)
    Complainant: THE QUEEN (STATE)
    Charge: -
    Hearing Type: For submissions
    Case #: 4 SCCRM-16-260

Sean Fewster‏Verified account @SeanFewster · 11m11 minutes ago

About to start sentencing submissions, in #Adelaide's Supreme Court, for the #SaltCreek backpacker cases.

Court hears kidnapper is appealing against his conviction for the #SaltCreek offences. Has confessed to sex assault of a third backpacker.

Sean Fewster‏Verified account @SeanFewster · 38s

German tells kidnapper: "You could not break me, I'm a survivor". Says she is stronger & that she "pities" her "weak" attacker.

[What a truly remarkable young woman. I wish her every happiness for the future and hope she can put the worst of this shocking incident behind her in the years ahead]

German: "I want you to know that you couldn't break me, even when you tried so hard. You couldn't make me into a victim."

Sean Fewster‏Verified account @SeanFewster · 12s

Brazilian says she remains in terror, has lost her enjoyment of life, feels unsafe when she goes out.

Brazilian says she has to see, every day, the scars left on her body by #SaltCreek kidnapper's ropes. Visiting beaches is traumatic.

[While this young woman didn't suffer the dreadful physical injuries like the German, clearly she is continuing to suffer severe mental trauma. I hope she is getting counselling to help her cope]

Kidnapper's earlier victim says she kept her suffering quiet, did want to be seen as a victim, but is glad she spoke out "for justice".

[Sean Fewster made a typo in the last para. Obviously he meant to say "didn't want to be seen as a victim" as per the German's earlier comment].

Sean Fewster‏Verified account @SeanFewster · 4m

DPP says court should prioritise deterrence of an escalating predator, and safety of community, when sentencing #SaltCreek kidnapper.

DPP: "He will eventually be released, that's inevitable, but in the meantime the public will gain some protection by his incarceration."

DPP: "It's said some people are either mad, bad or sad. But here, there's no prospect of rehabilitation."

Sean Fewster‏Verified account @SeanFewster · now

BREAKING: #SaltCreek suppression LIFTED. The kidnapper can finally be named as ROMAN HEINZE

Sean Fewster‏Verified account @SeanFewster · 15s15 seconds ago

Roman Heinze, the #SaltCreek backpacker kidnapper, will be sentenced next Wednesday. Coverage of today's hearing incoming, via @theTiser.

Morrissa, do you have a link for the comments. I couldn't find them, but I'm having a bad day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stahoe
Back