Australia Australia - Two Female Backpackers attacked at Salt Creek, SA, 9 Feb 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/3251930...er-pleads-not-guilty-in-adelaide-court/#page1
watch the video at 1:22 where the reporter says words to the effect: "we can't tell you who he is and we can't tell you why we can't tell you who he is and it is likely we won't be able to tell you who he is when he goes to trial". What does that mean and how does this at all accord with an open system of justice? All I can think of is that he has been linked to other crimes based on the 5th last paragraph in the last article I posted? But still I do not understand how this can override the public's right to know now that he has entered his plea.

That article certainly does make it sound as though they are pursuing other charges in other cases and don't want to compromise that, doesn't it? In the other thread (before it was yanked) people had started collecting names of missing and murdered women he might be responsible for based on his social media accounts and listed places of travel. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/n...conios-killer-he-said-you-just-shoot-the-dog/
http://www.news.com.au/national/man...falconios-killer/story-e6frfkvr-1226095039904

hmmm, I wondering if there is something more to this. Did they test the accused's DNA against the DNA on Joanne Lees' shirt. It was, to my basic understanding, never an exact match to Murdoch but they had some expert argue it was improbable another could have had similar DNA, be as tall as Murdoch and be in the area at the time. This always seemed a bit fishy to me. The SC accused looks so much more like the identikit from the Falconio case and like the man on the video still in the gas station than Murdoch. people here probably know more about the Falconio case than I do.

I read on some Facebook page supporting Murdoch that the SC accused returned to Australia from Germany in June 2001, a month before Falconio's disappearance and Lees' abduction. I am not sure of the source of that information though.

Only a matter of time before Murdoch's lawyer requests a retrial. All in the timing I think.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    36.2 KB · Views: 211
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    24.6 KB · Views: 230
definitely think it's this guy rather than Murdoch that murdered Falconio. based on the petrol station picture, you'd have to say it looks more like this guy.

murdoch's facial hair is also the incorrect colour to match the above identikit.

they also said every missing persons case in Australia would be re-examined after this attack.

Wow! I cannot get over just how much the sketch looks like this guy, RH.. good catch

holy crap...... massive story, they are clearly building more cases before letting the public know...... "you just shoot the dog"???? omfg....

I know- even how the nose deviates to the right! Plus eyebrows. Murdoch doesn't have strong eyebrows. Wow, imagine being stuck in prison for 11 yrs for a crime you didn't do!!!

Many years ago I read a book, written I think, by a journalist who had followed the case. They were convinced that Murdoch hadn't done it and so was I after reading the book. It will be very interesting to see what comes of this.

Edited to add the book was called 'Bloodstain - the vanishing of Peter Falconio '
Written by Richard Shears
ISBN 9780730496632

Do you recall who the book was by? Why was the journalist unconvinced?

Many years ago I read a book, written I think, by a journalist who had followed the case. They were convinced that Murdoch hadn't done it and so was I after reading the book. It will be very interesting to see what comes of this.

Edited to add the book was called 'Bloodstain - the vanishing of Peter Falconio '
Written by Richard Shears
ISBN 9780730496632

Yes I have this book, have read it twice and I too am convinced Murdoch didn't do it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richard Shear's book is excellent as is Robin Bowles' book Dead Centre. Robin has also published another book titled Rough Justice: Unanswered Questions from the Australian Courts.

POLICE know Bradley John Murdoch was not the killer of Peter Falconio, a new book about the case alleges.
True crime author Robin Bowles said a police officer told her during the trial of Murdoch - held in the Darwin Supreme Court - that : "We know he wasn't the shooter. But he's going down for it."

http://www.news.com.au/national/pol...t-shoot-falconio/story-e6frfkp9-1111114551015

Here is the link to the Peter Falconio thread.

I remember at the time of the Murdock charge there was a rumour going around that Police just needed any head to hang to keep the public as ease. No proof, just word on the street.

i remember seeing the petrol station footage and thinking that the guy looked way eerier than murdoch. i wonder if joanne lees has seen a pic of this guy.

so effed up. the police had also been watching this coorong guy prior to the attack. perhaps he knew he was going to get done and just wanted one last whatever he does. pleading not guilty, what a prick. even if he had not been caught red-handed he would have been apprehended later with the email trail between him and these backpackers.

Well put, billywhizz. Yes, he must have known he was going to be caught, but must have thought it would be after he got his kicks. Didn't I read elsewhere that his laptop had been seized by police previously in relation to another matter they were watching him for. It was completely premeditated and calculating what happened to those two girls. Not to mention brazen- certainly not something a first time killer would do. Those poor girls are so lucky. But they will never get over this. And I guess they will have to testify now in court and relive the trauma. What would a criminal profiler say about someone who is caught so proximate to the scene of the crime with a number of witnesses (and TWO unrelated victims to identify him) and then pleads not guilty to all charges? He would have to know he will not beat the charges so is it about the notoriety? What is driving this guy now? I don't believe this should be suppressed. Remember when Adrian Bayley's identity was revealed. So many other people came forward with relevant information, including other victims.

OMG what a complete F-up on so many levels by the police if it turns out they cleared RH and ignored people who reported him in favor of imprisoning the wrong man.

UGH!!!!!!

attachment.php
It is interesting they released another identikit of the Falconio suspect with hair/ moustache altered. However, I wonder if this was released AFTER Murdoch was in the sights of Police. The reason is that when you compare this to the original, the forehead height has been reduced, the hair colour has been lightened (including eyebrows), prominent ears put on him (even though Joanne said the guy had scraggly hair covering them).... All of these changes make the identikit look more like Murdoch because the original doesn't look anything like Murdoch. What I find interesting is that in the original Joanne must have made a point of saying the guy had a nose deviated to the right ... It looks like RH's nose. It does NOT look like Murdoch's nose IMO.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    24.3 KB · Views: 275

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members