Australia- Two sisters in their 20s found dead inside Sydney unit had been there lengthy time, Suspicious deaths, June 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
''The bodies of two sisters aged in their 20s have been found at a unit in Sydney’s south-west, with police saying the deaths appear to be suspicious.

Emergency services were called to a home on Canterbury Road in Canterbury about 9.30am on Tuesday.

Upon arrival, police officers entered the apartment and found the bodies inside.

Det Insp Claudia Allcroft on Wednesday said the women, who were yet to be identified, were believed to be aged 23 and 24. Their bodies, which had no visible signs of injury, were found in separate bedrooms in the apartment.

“We’re still in the infancy of the investigation at this stage,” she told reporters.''

“The bodies have been there for some time. However, I can’t tell you how long. That will be a question for the coroner.”

A police spokesperson confirmed that police were called to the site by the sheriff who discovered the bodies earlier that morning whilst accompanying the landlord on a check of the property. The landlord contacted the sheriff’s office after not receiving rent for over a month.

Police believe the pair may be foreign nationals.''

''With no visible signs of a break-in at the property nor injuries to the bodies, mystery surrounds the circumstances leading up to the deaths.

Forensic police have dusted the apartment for fingerprints, while detectives seized bags of potential evidence and cameras from the front of the building.

Investigators have been door-knocking residents as well as speaking to the building's postman after reports of a build up of parcels and letters outside the mail boxes.''

This is extremely strange. I’m not a doctor but it would be great to get a medical professional on this thread to discuss possible non-foul play causes of death (like carbon monoxide poisoning, for example) as well as whether or not a toxicology report could even be completed if both of the women have been deceased for an extended period of time.

ETA: Looping in @LaborDayRN

Last edited:
This is extremely strange. I’m not a doctor but it would be great to get a medical professional on this thread to discuss possible non-foul play causes of death (like carbon monoxide poisoning, for example) as well as whether or not a toxicology report could even be completed if both of the women have been deceased for an extended period of time.

CO poisoning typically leaves the body a distinctive red color. I don’t know the time factors though.

@meanmaryjean @BeginnerSleuther

more of our medical professionals.

@TootsieFootsie , @Marg from Oz who I think are Australian?

jmho ymmv lrr

''NSW Police believe the death of two suspected sisters inside a Sydney unit block is "suspicious" as there were no signs of forced entry or obvious injuries to the women.
Police were called to an apartment block on Canterbury Rd, near Dibbs St, in the south-western Sydney suburb of Canterbury on Tuesday around 9:30am after a "government agency" discovered the bodies.

Officers entered the unit where they found the corpse of both women - believed to be aged 23 and 24 - in separate bedrooms.''

''Officers will likely scour through the building's CCTV footage from the past couple of days to see who entered and exited the unit block.

Police have encouraged residents of the apartment and locals who might have witnessed any suspicious behaviour "no matter how small" to come forward.

Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or Burwood Police Station on (02) 9745 8499.''

Thanks, from link... Wonder if the sisters owned a car?
rbbm.
''Another neighbour said police had been at the apartment complex 'all day' and that the news of the deaths was 'scary' to hear.

'They were everywhere like in the cul-de-sac, in the complex of the car park, everything,' the woman told 7News.''

Update

Main new details (for me) are contained in these paragraphs:

The women are yet to be formally identified as police haven't been able to contact their relatives overseas. It is understood police are still awaiting some autopsy results. A source told Daily Mail Australia the first check was conducted by police in March, with officers leaving after the women insisted they were ok. The women were not in frequent contact with family and their black BMW coupe was keyed in an incident a few months before the welfare checks.

imo they were acting suspiciously even before their deaths. The story is unusual even for south west Sydney.

Main new details (for me) are contained in these paragraphs:

The women are yet to be formally identified as police haven't been able to contact their relatives overseas. It is understood police are still awaiting some autopsy results. A source told Daily Mail Australia the first check was conducted by police in March, with officers leaving after the women insisted they were ok. The women were not in frequent contact with family and their black BMW coupe was keyed in an incident a few months before the welfare checks.

imo they were acting suspiciously even before their deaths. The story is unusual even for south west Sydney.
As if they were in hiding.

Why was this welfare check conducted by Police?
Who ordered it?

Maybe it was b/c of a car accident they had in their BMW?

Very strange and tragic case :(
I will follow it closely.

As if they were in hiding.

Why was this welfare check conducted by Police?
Who ordered it?

Maybe it was b/c of a car accident they had in their BMW?7

Very strange and tragic case :(
I will follow it closely.
Not meaning to implicate the victims, but the general area is infamous for gang activity. That usually involves local gangs though, and just men.

So far, so sad.
Horrible thought, but i hope they did not go hungry if indeed they were cooped up in the apartment..., imo, speculation.

1655421928677.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back