Australia- Two sisters in their 20s found dead inside Sydney unit had been there lengthy time, Suspicious deaths, June 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So far, so sad.
Horrible thought, but i hope they did not go hungry if indeed they were cooped up in the apartment..., imo, speculation.

View attachment 349749
Yes, I wonder about some sort of shared agoraphobia/folie à deux type situation. It's certainly possible that they were hiding from someone, but I'd expect to see signs of foul play if so.

I wonder about this Police welfare check some time before their death.

Did anybody report some disturbances in their unit/flat?

Why did Police come to check on them?
And now they treat their death as suspicious.

I wonder what autopsy results will be.

Last edited:
I wonder about this Police welfare check some time before their death.

Did anybody report some disturbances in their unit/flat?

Why did Police come to check on them?
And now they treat their death as suspicious.

I wonder what autopsy results will be.
Who contacted LE and asked for a welfare ch ck and why?

Update

Snipped from the article & BBM:

In one of the checks the women, who were foreign nationals believed to be from the Middle East, were described as 'timid' and refused to let anyone enter the apartment.

But after protests from a concerned party, the sisters eventually allowed the check to occur, but spent it huddled together in the far corner of the unit. One sat down while the other cowering behind her as they answered simple questions about their wellbeing.

It sounds either like some sort of shared mental illness or perhaps they were being trafficked in some way?

As if they were in hiding.

Why was this welfare check conducted by Police?
Who ordered it?

Maybe it was b/c of a car accident they had in their BMW?

Very strange and tragic case :(
I will follow it closely.

The police initially attended because the landlord was going to serve them with a notice of eviction for non payment of rent. When the landlord opened the door after no one answered they found the bodies.

I meant earlier, when they huddled in the corner when Police came to check on them.

My personal opinion, is that these two women were worried that the police were there at the request of family members who they were trying to get away from. I don't know if that was because their lifestyle was at odds with the religious beliefs of the family, they were avoiding arranged marriages, or some other family intrigue.

Initially, when I read the headlines it made me wonder if they had succumbed to some kind of poison used as a cleaning agent. A couple of years ago, several young women, two were sisters from Canada I believe, died in Thailand in what was thought suspicious circumstances. It turned out the bug killer the hotel was using was quite lethal if ingested or inhaled too soon after application. But after reading about the initial contact with police when they did the wellness check I believe they thought they had been discovered and were basically waiting for the other shoe to drop. I wouldn't be surprised if they both committed suicide.

My personal opinion, is that these two women were worried that the police were there at the request of family members who they were trying to get away from. I don't know if that was because their lifestyle was at odds with the religious beliefs of the family, they were avoiding arranged marriages, or some other family intrigue.

Initially, when I read the headlines it made me wonder if they had succumbed to some kind of poison used as a cleaning agent. A couple of years ago, several young women, two were sisters from Canada I believe, died in Thailand in what was thought suspicious circumstances. It turned out the bug killer the hotel was using was quite lethal if ingested or inhaled too soon after application. But after reading about the initial contact with police when they did the wellness check I believe they thought they had been discovered and were basically waiting for the other shoe to drop. I wouldn't be surprised if they both committed suicide.
Yes, I think the same as far as family is concerned.
Besides, there was this car incident/accident? they were involved in.
Did somebody chase them?

Suicide was my first impression when I started to follow this tragic case.

Interesting they were found dead in their separate beds. They didn't die together.

Also, it can't have been very nice for the other if one if them died first.

Did the 2nd person to die just take to their bed and wait for their time too?

Also interesting they had a car. So at one stage, they did go out and were mobile. A BMW too, so not a cheap car.

I also wonder what their immigration status was?

Last edited:
Interesting they were found dead in their separate beds. They didn't die together.

Also, it can't have been very nice for the other if one if them died first.

Did the 2nd person to die just take to their bed and wait for their time too?

Also interesting they had a car. So at one stage, they did go out and were mobile. A BMW too, so not a cheap car.

I also wonder what their immigration status was?
Them dying in separate rooms is 1 thing that causes my doubts about suicide.

There were 2 welfare checks by Police two months before their death.
They behaved strangely/seemed terrorized.
It wasn't reported who called LE.

I guess, post mortem will clarify the cause of death.
But then, they were discovered after nearly a month.
Maybe it is too late to find the cause?
I mean toxicology.
I have no idea about such things.

Last edited:
Them dying in separate rooms is 1 thing that causes my doubts about suicide.

My imagining of it, is that they both had such a fear of:

A) going outside their flat
B) other people
C) the authorities
D) some trafficking/family fear

that they committed suicide by essentially just staving to death.

I'll be very interested to hear what the post-mortem report says.

Of course, it could just be a faulty appliance, gas, air-con etc. and their situation could've just been coincidental.

Yes, I think the same as far as family is concerned.
Besides, there was this car incident/accident? they were involved in.
Did somebody chase them?

Suicide was my first impression when I started to follow this tragic case.

I missed anything about there having been a car accident involving them.

I did see an article that stated there was something a bit ago where their car had been keyed. Perhaps it means something different in Australia, but here in Canada, when a car is "keyed" it means someone has walked along the car with their key or some other sharp object purposefully digging into the paint job.

Perhaps that's what happened to their car with the follow on being that they became paranoid that whoever they were hiding from had found them and caused them to begin shutting away themselves. First police check on in March them as a result?

Like this image:

I missed anything about there having been a car accident involving them.

I did see an article that stated there was something a bit ago where their car had been keyed. Perhaps it means something different in Australia, but here in Canada, when a car is "keyed" it means someone has walked along the car with their key or some other sharp object purposefully digging into the paint job.

Perhaps that's what happened to their car with the follow on being that they became paranoid that whoever they were hiding from had found them and caused them to begin shutting away themselves. First police check on in March them as a result?

Like this image:
Ooops!

As English is a foreign language for me I definitely misunderstood this bit!

I really tried to figure out "what the author meant" by this "key something" incident with the car, and my wild imagination came out with a traffic accident!! :rolleyes:
Ooops again!

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Yes, in the UK too, "keyed" means scraping a key or other small metal object along the side of a car, usually an expensive one, just for spite.

It may have just been a coincidence their car got keyed, as it's a big black BMW. There are some people that don't like other's to have nice expensive things It may just be kids or local idiots doing it.

Then again, it could've been a warning to them, and there may have been other incidents we don't know about.

I do wonder how much their fear was real or irrational.

MOO.

English is a foreign language for me I definitely misunderstood this bit!
I really tried to figure out "what the author meant" by this "key something" incident with the car, and my wild imagination came out with a traffic accident!! :rolleyes:

You write (and obviously speak) beautiful fluent English, anyone can see that from your posts, so don't worry about an little minor confusion

No-one can understand 100% of English words ....even native English speakers! Hahaha! There are so many international and regional variations.

Well, I’d like to know who their family is to get started.

My guess is that the sisters fled a traditional middle eastern family in hopes of either escaping an abusive home, forced marriage, or controlling family members, or a combination of all of that.

Perhaps they thought they could create a kinder and gentler life for themselves if they ran. Unfortunately, I think the long arm of the family found them.

I’m wondering if one sister committed suicide without the knowledge of the other. Then the other sister took her own life as well. It could explain why they were in their separate bedrooms.

MOO

Mystery deepens

Snipped from the article:

Daily Mail Australia understands the siblings fled Saudi Arabia without their family in 2017 when they were 18 and 19, and NSW Police are now struggling to locate their relatives.

[...]

Daily Mail Australia can also reveal the older sister had taken out an AVO against a 28-year-old man in January 2019.

The AVO was later withdrawn and dismissed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back