Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Investigators have been able to piece together a timeline of Ms Wright’s holiday in Australia, however they are seeking public information about large periods of time which remain unaccounted for.

Police know she arrived in the country alone on July 29, and had planned a 14-day holiday around a friend’s wedding.

However after landing in Queensland police are not sure what she did until she arrived at the wedding resort on August 1.

She stayed at the resort on August 2 and 3, but her location was unknown during August 4.

“We’re interested in determining in her movements, her activities and her companions during that period,” Superintendent Dave Hutchinson said.

On August 5 she booked herself into a Kangaroo Point motel. She had spent time with her close friend Savana Lesa and met others living in the Brisbane and Logan areas.

The following day she booked herself a hotel room on the Gold Coast, Superintendent Hutchinson said.

On the evening of August 7 she met Mr Tostee, however police have not released details of what they believed happened in the following hours.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-movements-20140812-1038eg.html#ixzz3AM9WBTW4

I've been considering the heated argument prior & wonder if in fact she could have been held over the balcony as threats?? Not in a consensual sex situation but in an argument manner with the threat to harm...
All those screams beforehand seems like she was in a fight for her like IMO..& with possible impairment due to D & A, escalation of the situation seems clear with no one intervening to help.

Maybe they didn't meet through Tinder, but instead met through a mutual friend on the day Rrie is unaccounted for. I think that the information that they met on Tinder came from GT and may not be true.

Even if, and this is stretching credibility IMO, GT had no culpability in this tragic death, he could have harmed or killed someone through excessive speed in his evasion of police some weeks ago. He continued to drive on tire rims at up to 140km/hr for quite a few klms. The guy is anti-social in action if not in diagnosis. Thank god no one got hurt in the police chase.

Even if, and this is stretching credibility IMO, GT had no culpability in this tragic death, he could have harmed or killed someone through excessive speed in his evasion of police some weeks ago. He continued to drive on tire rims at up to 140km/hr for quite a few klms. The guy is anti-social in action if not in diagnosis. Thank god no one got hurt in the police chase.

And thank goodness he didn't have access to a gun. Posting on the same bodybuilding site is not his only similarity to Elliott Rodger, IMO.

In memory of Warriena :rose:

00-20--20aaawarriena-20--20gallerywide-20140814140723725714-620x414.jpg

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...iena-wrights-final-hours-20140814-103xgo.html

(this article has a beautiful slide show in honour of Warriena)

On Friday, neighbours told reporters they heard arguing in Mr Tostee’s apartment in the lead-up to Ms Wright’s death.

Several residents recounted hearing a woman’s screams.

Delwyn*Grooby, who said she was staying in the neighbouring Tiki apartment complex, told Fairfax Media she heard three distinct screams on the night of Ms Wright’s death.

“There was fear in her second scream that made me feel sick and frightened for her,” Ms Grooby said.

“In the silence that followed I prayed that someone had come to her rescue. When the third scream came I really can’t explain how I felt.”

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ostee-denies-involvement-20140811-102ms8.html

I was referring to this article in my previous post..(just had to figure out how to copy & paste! :-))

Arguing heard from inside the apartment .. terrified screams from the balcony .. was there a deadlock on the door and Warriena was unable to get out of the door without a key? Perhaps she said she would go outside and scream for help, and did so. Then she went over the balcony rail in the physical struggle to shut her up.

I have also wondered about the state of Warriena's clothing when she was found .... torn, unbuttoned, shoes on or laying nearby, none of these things?

Warriena's little sister was so brave in that presser today. Warriena would have been so very proud of her, for doing all that she could do, despite her deep and palpable grief.

Police step up search of Gable Tostee’s apartment for clues over death of Warriena Tagpuno Wright

August 15, 2014

POLICE have been granted an extra week to scour the highrise apartment of Gold Coast playboy Gable Tostee for clues over the death of a New Zealand tourist.

Warriena Tagpuno Wright plunged 14 floors from the balcony of Mr Tostee’s Surfers Paradise apartment about 2.20am last Friday morning, just hours after the pair met on social dating app Tinder.

Detective Superintendent Dave Hutchinson, the Gold Coast’s regional crime co-*ordinator, was reluctant to comment on the specifics of the case, but repeated calls for anyone with information to come forward.

“Part of the investigation is to establish a timeline and we have gathered a certain amount of information already,” Supt Hutchinson said.

Call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000

http://www.news.com.au/national/pol...a-tagpuno-wright/story-e6frfkp9-1227024798047

True, unless something like this happened.

“Had a 21 year old Tinder date come over for drinks, we’re getting along fine, start kissing, feeling each other...’ read the post.

“She’s small so I go to hug and lift her up and take her inside from the balcony but she totally freaks out, mumbles something about getting back to her parents and bolts out the door. Deletes me off both Tinder and FB.”

“Maybe I acted too abruptly and snapped her out of her little lust-trance by manhandling her.”

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...-warriena-wright/story-fnje8bkv-1227020483212

Sound like pretty damn rapey behaviour to me, even in his own words.

“Had a 21 year old Tinder date come over for drinks, we’re getting along fine, start kissing, feeling each other...’ read the post.

“She’s small so I go to hug and lift her up and take her inside from the balcony but she totally freaks out, mumbles something about getting back to her parents and bolts out the door. Deletes me off both Tinder and FB.”

“Maybe I acted too abruptly and snapped her out of her little lust-trance by manhandling her.”

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...-1227020483212

MTBiker: Sound like pretty damn rapey behaviour to me, even in his own words

Based on his words, what freaked out the Tinder date on that occasion was when he 'went to hug and lift her up and take her inside from the balcony', imo

According to him, that girl was fine with the intimacy. It was being lifted up on a balcony which scared her. It would scare the hell out of me, anyway

All we have is his account, but to me, the mention of 'she's so small' could be important. Maybe the police should focus on GT's preferred 'type'. Does he choose physically small women? How many other women has he lifted or attempted to lift, out on that balcony? How have women felt about that? Have any of them been terrified once out on the balcony? Has he 'joked' with them while lifting them up on the balcony? Have they had to struggle to get free? Has he tried to hold them aloft, close to the balcony railing? If so, what has he said at those times? Has he had a running fantasy about lifting a woman up and holding her over the balcony? Has he attempted to have sex with women who he's perched helplessly on the balcony railing?

Fear of heights is one of the most common fears of all, although having drinks on a high balcony is regarded by some as the epitome of glamour and sophistication. A woman could feel perfectly safe as long as she was in control of the situation out on a balcony, as long as her feet were on the floor or even if she were resting on the balcony railing with the man next to her

Being hoisted up by a man near to the balcony's edge, on the other hand, would mean utter lack of control. Most women would scream if that happened, even if the man were known and trusted -- say a brother or father, etc.

The girl in quotes above was lucky indeed, imo. She made it out. But if GT had a fantasy of lifting a woman up next to or even over the balcony railing, the girl in quotes would have enraged him by foiling his fantasy. If he did have such fantasies, they wouldn't have dissipated because of that girl's rejection. Rather, her escape could have caused him to devise situations whereby future women would be given no warning, no opportunity to escape his fantasy-move

The fact he went to the trouble to describe the situation on that occasion, i.e.

She’s small so I go to hug and lift her up and take her inside from the balcony but she totally freaks out, mumbles something about getting back to her parents and bolts out the door. Deletes me off both Tinder and FB

indicates to me that the incident had a certain impact upon him. It prompted him to put his own version forth, publicly. On the surface, it could seem to be an insignificant event, i.e. a woman rejected him, took off and deleted him from Tinder and FB. Yet he wanted his version out there - his interpretation of the event. But when we look at even his own version, the girl was accepting of (and willing to participate in) considerable intimacy up to the point he lifted her up

It's not a large apartment, first of all. Balcony a couple of metres in depth then straight into the living area with bedroom and bathroom leading off. She didn't need lifting or carrying. HE wanted to lift her. She wasn't averse to 'hugging', obviously - things had gone way past that already. So his mention of 'hugging' sounds to me as if he was trying to cast his actions and the conflict situation in innocent light online ... just in case the girl in question told her version and it got around

The fact she was prepared to indulge in considerable intimacy with him up to the point he 'went to lift her up', implies to me it was not the prospect of sex or a hug which caused her to freak - it was being lifted up by him out on the balcony which resulted in her experiencing such fear of him that she deleted him from Tinder and FB once she got away. She didn't want to see or hear from him again, not even from the safe distance of online. He had scared her big-time, imo. And I believe he knew he'd scared her and knew what he'd done to scare her. So he put his version up online, trying to sound 'mystified' - trying to make the girl sound 'wacko'. According to him, they'd been engaged in some pretty heavy pre-sex activities when suddenly she'd bolted, and all he'd done was try to pick her up and carry her 'from' the balcony. His version. And I don't buy it

Lifting someone from their feet is power-play. It's a controlling act, obviously. Most of those being lifted do not enjoy the sensation simply because it deprives them of control - and hands the control to the lifter

Being hoisted aloft on a high balcony would be terrifying to most people. And it would give the lifter feelings of ultimate power and control

GT does not like even the suggestion he could be controlled. According to media reports, he resented being banned from venues to the point he sought to enter those venues when certain doormen were absent. The 'don't tell ME' attitude

He refused to surrender to police and instead led them on a chase. Even when his tyres were spiked, he continued to resist being controlled, to the point he continued driving on his vehicle's rims

Those who fear being controlled themselves, very often seek to control others. Holding someone aloft on a high balcony would provide immense sense of 'control' over the other person. And having had at least one woman escape that scenario could very possibly have made him determined to do it to someone who would not escape. Because clearly, GT does not like to take NO for an answer

Certain people, certain men, derive enormous satisfaction from other's fear, terror. Serial killers. Rapists. Sex for them is far from top priority. What they most enjoy is other's fear and having the power to create that fear, impose that fear and suffering. Sexual inadequates especially enjoy inflicting power and control, fear, etc. It's all they've got. It's their way of 'getting even'

Hope police are obtaining a lot of information from his prior dates

Edit

Oh, and note where he says,
Maybe I acted too abruptly and snapped her out of her little lust-trance by manhandling her

Another of his online remarks which is a minefield of information --- suddenly it was HER 'little lust trance'

They'd been engaged in sexual activity but it was HER 'lust trance' ?

Wow

Then he goes for some macho-wannabe terminology, 'manhandling her'. Who's he trying to sound like -- old John Wayne from some 1950's western movie? 'Manhandling' ? He'd BEEN 'man handling' her already, hadn't he? Or was he merely standing there and allowing the girl to have her wicked way with him?

So what he attempts as macho speak-- 'manhandling'-- was HIS version of trying to minimise the fact he'd tried to hoist a girl up on a high balcony. Talk about NLP! HIS version goes like this: girl was in a 'lust trance' over him. He was sexually unmoved, apparently (and I believe that's the case with him). But when he attempted to exert ultimate control over her physically (described as manful 'manhandling') she 'snapped out of'her lust for him and ran away. Gee. Sure, the online world gets the picture, GT. Sexually aggressive female just couldn't take being picked up by a real man. And the fact it occurred on a high balcony by a sexual neuter had nothing at all to do with it. Riiiiight

Thank you laserdisc10 for clearly zeroing in on that particular anecdote of GT.

I seriously hope you're going Tangled_Web!!! :floorlaugh: Sounds like a blast:

Moss, 62, is also a musician and will tour Australia with his band Player in November, with several Sydney shows, including stops at the Rooty Hill RSL, Kingsford The Juniors and the Dee Why RSL. “We want to offer an up-close and personal experience. So the first part of the show will be me, talking, showing clips from behind the scenes of The Bold And The Beautiful,” he said.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...iful-betrayed-me/story-e6frfmyi-1227023800458

PS I notice Ridge's band is named "Player". How apt for Mr GT........:facepalm:

Bond University criminologist Terry Goldsworthy, a former 28-year veteran of the Queensland Police Service, said tales of Mr Tostee’s womanising were unlikely to make any difference in the investigation.

“The only way that adds value is if it shows he has a propensity to violence towards females and whether he has committed sexual offences in the past nobody has complained about,” Dr Goldsworthy said.

“If it’s people coming forward saying he’s a ladies' man with a good success rate with the women, that’s neither here nor there. He’s a young male out in Surfers Paradise.”

With no apparent eyewitness of Warriena’s fall and the usefulness of security footage unclear, Dr Goldsworthy said forensic testing on the balcony would be key. Investigators would then need to build a circumstantial case.

“Are [Warriena’s] fingerprints over the railings, and is there any DNA saying she touched the balcony going over? Is it possible for someone of her stature to jump over?” he said.

Piecing together a 24-hour timeline of events would also be vital to working out what happened that night.

“They may go back further, from when the initial contact was made,” he said.

With Mr Tostee maintaining his silence to detectives, Dr Goldsworthy said it was “pretty stupid” that the man under investigation would make comments on social media.

“If you’re not prepared to speak to the police, then I don’t think you should be going on those forums where he was allegedly commenting,” he said.

“The two actions don’t gel and it makes it look disingenuous when he doesn’t talk to the police.”

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...cony-death-20140814-104910.html#ixzz3APTcnr70

So his lawyer can blame it on the "fugue" states, huh.

He's like a poster boy for avoiding responsibility.

I honestly think he was trying to do something he thought was cool and manly, like lift Warriena up on the balcony near the railing - never mind that she was screaming - how could anything possibly go wrong? She fell, and then he bolted like a rabbit for Mummy and Daddy's place rather than wait for police.

Sadly, I think he'll either avoid charges or it'll be death by misadventure or something in court. And the idiot will be let loose back into his natural environment, to cause more havoc. I just don't feel very hopeful about this one getting what he deserves.

I saw a flash photo of GT on channel 7 or 9 this morning. He had his hands clasped behind his head. I noticed marks on his inside right arm, possibly looked like scars. I can't find the pic. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025