Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police were almost immediately on scene when a man raised the alarm but on arrival at the unit she had fallen from, nobody was inside.

They are investigating if someone had been there but fled the scene when police came knocking.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lding-meets-man-dating-app.html#ixzz3ALP74UaH

Mr Tostee was not at the scene when police arrived minutes later.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...nsic-tests-20140813-103iuf.html#ixzz3ALRMvgdC

GT didnt take long to leave the building.
Was the "passerby" still there when the police arrived or was it an anon call?

I get the impression she went over at 2:20am and the passerby found her at 2:30am. 10 mins is a decent amount of time to take off in my opinion but I don't know what the actual time frame is from disturbance heard to fall to discovery...

The balcony ledges at Avalon aren't really the kind you'd hoist someone up onto to have sex. It would be possible to have sex on the balcony but for someone to go over the edge they'd have to be up on the ledge, because they too high to topple over.

As has been mentioned, he has written about making out on his balcony but that was all. And that instance the girl freaked out and took off. So you'd think something similar happened here. It would appear GT scared the hell out of Warriena and she either climbed over to get away from him, screaming in the process, or he snapped and threw her over. I wonder if they took something other than alcohol, and that impaired Warriena's thinking and made her even more scared?

I'm nor ruling out he did throw her over, but I'd consider that the less likely scenario. Something pretty bad did happen though for sure, and the truth needs to come out, and GT needs to own up to his part in her death.

The time it happened is also intriguing. Something to think about.

http://imganuncios.mitula.net/best_value_buying_avalon_apartments_100602739996652315.jpg

There are most likely better photos around. This is one I grabbed from Google

It shows the balcony railing. Would that be hip-height for someone of approx. 185cms?

A tiny girl hoisted to sit on that railing? Screaming in fear, probably prior to being hoisted up?

A substance abused individual could lose his grip on a physically small woman while in the process of trying to sit her on the railing or having perched her there?

A quick Youtube search for 'groom drops bride' = http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=groom+drops+bride

Probably dozens of similar videos

This is a Youtube vid of a couple who died while having sex on a balcony

It's animated

The fall happened when the man was attempting to sit the girl on the balcony rail

Remembering the above video deals with a woman who was willing

I do not believe Warriena was a willing party at all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZAavyrkvg0

Laserdisc10 I thought I had heard of other cases and there you go - I do remember reading about this case where the couple fell off the balcony having sex. I am still on the fence here with how this might have occurred - could be as hajime says and it was just an accident and she was not actually thrown over. We will just have to see what pans out and see if he ever talks...

Laserdisc10 I thought I had heard of other cases and there you go - I do remember reading about this case where the couple fell off the balcony having sex. I am still on the fence here with how this might have occurred - could be as hajime says and it was just an accident and she was not actually thrown over. We will just have to see what pans out and see if he ever talks...

I don't believe she was deliberately thrown over either

Nor do I believe she threw herself over

His lawyers would have told him already (and the police would know also) that as it wasn't premeditated, he'd get off with involuntary manslaughter or similar -- a few years from our legal system. But still he's not prepared to accept any responsibility, apparently. A woman died but he doesn't want to pay via a few years of his life?

I accept that it could well be an accident - and not him 'throwing' her off a la Gittany - but the heated argument before her death just raises all sorts of alarm bells for me.

That suggests they weren't just out there having consensual sex and she accidentally fell to her death.

They were fighting. Loudly.

And then the three screams.......

All was not well on that balcony just before poor Warriena died.

And he is the ultimate coward, hiding behind his lawyers.:furious:

And he is the ultimate coward, hiding behind his lawyers.:furious:

Look at Warriena's sister today on Live TV, having flown all the way from NZ.

And where is Tostee... cowering at his parents.

That's what get's me wound up the most. He can't even man up to any of this. People want answers and the sooner the better.

I know, Whatson! And what are his parents telling him to do, I wonder? If I were in their position and this was my son I would be pushing hard for him to give some closure to the family.....regardless of the personal outcome to him.

It seems like he's not suffered the consequences of his actions in the past as he's just kept on goosing around like an adolescent up to the age of 28 - surely they can see that it hasn't served him??!!

Just feeds into his narcissistic sense of entitlement. But then, that grandiosity didn't come out of nowhere......

I get the impression she went over at 2:20am and the passerby found her at 2:30am. 10 mins is a decent amount of time to take off in my opinion but I don't know what the actual time frame is from disturbance heard to fall to discovery...

From the official QPS site:

Around 2.20am, officers were called to the Wahroonga Place building after receiving reports that a woman had fallen from a balcony.

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2014/08/09/update-sudden-death-surfers-paradise-3/

From the Courier Mail:

The woman fell from the 14th floor about 2.30am and it is understood a witness contacted police immediately after seeing her fall.

What I find interesting about the time, 2.20am, is that it is pretty late in the night. Staying by herself in Surfers, it would be unlikely she went to meet him too long after midnight, and they were seen talking, so it would appear she didn't feel threatened if she spent quite a few hours up there with him.

Did they possibly go to bed, and later have an argument? Not sure if this makes sense, as she would flee to the door rather than the balcony.

What I find interesting about the time, 2.20am, is that it is pretty late in the night. Staying by herself in Surfers, it would be unlikely she went to meet him too long after midnight, and they were seen talking, so it would appear she didn't feel threatened if she spent quite a few hours up there with him.

Did they possibly go to bed, and later have an argument? Not sure if this makes sense, as she would flee to the door rather than the balcony.

True, unless something like this happened.

“Had a 21 year old Tinder date come over for drinks, we’re getting along fine, start kissing, feeling each other...’ read the post.

“She’s small so I go to hug and lift her up and take her inside from the balcony but she totally freaks out, mumbles something about getting back to her parents and bolts out the door. Deletes me off both Tinder and FB.”

“Maybe I acted too abruptly and snapped her out of her little lust-trance by manhandling her.”

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...-warriena-wright/story-fnje8bkv-1227020483212

True, unless something like this happened.

“Had a 21 year old Tinder date come over for drinks, we’re getting along fine, start kissing, feeling each other...’ read the post.

“She’s small so I go to hug and lift her up and take her inside from the balcony but she totally freaks out, mumbles something about getting back to her parents and bolts out the door. Deletes me off both Tinder and FB.”

“Maybe I acted too abruptly and snapped her out of her little lust-trance by manhandling her.”

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...-warriena-wright/story-fnje8bkv-1227020483212

True. I'm assuming he's a quick mover but he may have been taking his time to try and seduce her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025