Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So terribly, terribly disappointing.

Let's hope all the other idiots out there don't take this as a sign that they can choke and terrorise with no legal repercussions.

It is a sad day for justice.
It is honestly no green light to do that.

I'm kinda confused as to how they reached a verdict of not guilty after being instructed to disregard what GT says on the audio.

Can someone explain how removing his comments make it more likely he's not guilty? When I listen to the final minutes of the audio without his comments, it sounds even worse because there is no evidence of her even trying to hit him once you remove all his comments. Or were they supposed to cherrypick? Disregard his nasty comments to warriena, but still consider the ones that worked in GT's favour?

Seriously mindboggled right now.

I'm celebrating but I'm not celebrating a woman's death. I'm celebrating the integrity of our justice system. I know a lot of posters here think that the system sucks but one day, either you or someone you know or love will be facing charged and you will see that the protections that resulted in GTs acquittal are there for a very good reason. And you will be grateful for them.

I am very sad that a woman died a tragic, horrific and unnecessary death.

I have no doubt there are plenty celebrating her death - we have seen it very clearly in the last few years just what some people (and let's say it...men in particular on certain sights and in certain circles) think of women, and especially women that do not behave.

The fact that the jury took so long to reach this conclusion, and kept returning with pertinent questions that the judge then told them to ignore, indicates they weren't happy about coming to this conclusion. The judge didn't give them any other choice, and basically forced their hand.
I don't see it that way. The fact that they needed these questions answered, means there was dissenting opinion to your theory.

One or more jurors argued for not guilty, and eventually convinced the others.

Just woken up to the worst news. It was an understandable legal decision, given what the jury were and were not allowed to consider.

But what an absolute travesty for her family and friends.

I await the next time we see the name Gable Tostee in the press.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm celebrating but I'm not celebrating a woman's death. I'm celebrating the integrity of our justice system. I know a lot of posters here think that the system sucks but one day, either you or someone you know or love will be facing charged and you will see that the protections that resulted in GTs acquittal are there for a very good reason. And you will be grateful for them.

I am very sad that a woman died a tragic, horrific and unnecessary death.

I think it's a big call to say that. No one I've ever known, or anyone my family or immediate circle of friends knows, has ever been charged with a crime. Also, people are wrongfully convicted all the time, regardless of what either of us thinks about this particular case. This one decision doesn't vouch for the integrity of the criminal justice system in every single other case that goes to court. The justice system is a human system, ergo it's a flawed system.

I don't see that. I'm sorry. His level of intoxication wasn't what created the reasonable doubt. In fact, his level of intoxication was never determined.

His blood alcohol level was not even tested till the following day.

And if you think he was sober, then that makes it all even more appalling that he's not held responsible for his actions and she is.

I honestly hope that is true. Because that is now my fear.

It's a palpable fear too, isn't it SA. And it's now just that little more palpable after this decision. Women do have to navigate the men like Tostee with utter caution. But even then, when caution is not enough and something tragic happens, the law does not stand by them. I just feel so very sad right now.

So, it's back to the gym, back to the tanning bed, back to the clubs and back on Tinder. Business as usual.

I think it's a big call to say that. No one I've ever known, or anyone my family or immediate circle of friends knows, has ever been charged with a crime. Also, people are wrongfully convicted all the time, regardless of what either of us thinks about this particular case. This one decision doesn't vouch for the integrity of the criminal justice system in every single other case that goes to court. The justice system is a human system, ergo it's a flawed system.

Well said

Thinking of Reza and family and friends. I'm so sorry. I heard it. Please rest knowing people are thinking of you xoxo

Our legal system routinely lets women and children down. Just another day in the life of being female. Only the Anita Cobby's and Jill Meagher's receive justice, anyone woman who doesn't have a squeaky clean image gets betrayed by our system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME