Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I may quote Justice Byrne,
[FONT="]
"Justice Byrne said it was “apparent that both breath and voice” were restricted, and it “does sound as though he may well have had his forearm around her throat”."

[/FONT]
​http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...l/news-story/7e3f1761416c438c60ec0c9dfea36c43

I listened to the recording. I just heard two people who were badly drunk and having an argument. That is what really drunk people sound like. To argue that there was some kind of restriction is to ignore that fact.

And don't forget, the recording started an hour before all this happened, so the history leading up to it is known.

Karinna, this is a very interesting thought. One that I had never considered before.
On thinking on it a little, I think that there may be some validity. At least in having a professional foreperson to help out in the jury room ... or something like that.
Interesting.

There is such a person. It is called the judge :)

I learned a few new things this last week:

1. There is a subset of Australian society which refers to men and women in terms I'd never heard before.

2. The CWA is a self-funded volunteer philanthropic organisation which aims to improve the welfare of women and children in particular through community service. Membership is open to all Australian women, not just country women, and in fact there is a branch in the suburb next to mine. In addition to cookbooks, their shop sells jams and pickles and all sorts of useful things like handmade pottery, shopping bags, pens, teatowels and aprons.

3. A balcony is not necessarily part of the property it is attached to. My partner's response to that piece of information: "Well that just beggars belief."

I might just look into the CWA. :cupcake:

Love your hat fluffykins

Karinna, this is a very interesting thought. One that I had never considered before.
On thinking on it a little, I think that there may be some validity. At least in having a professional foreperson to help out in the jury room ... or something like that.
Interesting.

I just think being on a jury is such a daunting task for people that have no knowledge of legalities in very serious cases like murder. And they take that task seriously for the most part especially when trying to determine guilt or innocence of another human being.
I think you made a very good suggestion as well with a foreperson.

Nothing to do with this case but one that I am interested in and I don't think there is a thread here

Sue Neill-Fraser: Hobart polarised by murder case as final chance court date draws closer

"Tasmania's capital remains divided over the true story behind a notorious seven-year-old murder case that is due to return to the courts next month.

Tasmanian businesswoman and mother, Sue Neill-Fraser, is serving a 23-year jail sentence for the murder of her de facto partner Bob Chappell on Australia Day 2009, but has always maintained she did not do it"

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-...se-divides-hobart-ahead-of-court-date/7950734

Ok. found this
in|quest
[ˈɪnkwɛst]
NOUN

law
a judicial inquiry to ascertain the facts relating to an incident.
synonyms: enquiry · investigation · inquisition · probe · review · [more]
informal
a discussion or investigation into something that has happened, especially something undesirable.
"an inquest by New York newspapers into a subway fire"

And that brings to mind what Tracy Grimshaw mentioned on the Current Affair video last night about an Investigation into Ms. Wright's death.

Ms Wright's death has now been referred to Queensland's coroner, who may choose to hold an inquest into the matter.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016/10/21/id-advise-everybody-stay-tinder-tostees-lawyer

Is this likely?
Would GT get to tell his side of the story if that were the case?

The Coroner can compel whoever they require to appear and testify at an inquest. I would imagine that Tostee would be at the top of the list.

I saw a snippet of O'Gorman on The Project tonight, complaining about a probable inquest. Saying that it is putting the cart before the horse, that police should have asked for an inquest first, trial following that. But I am sure that the police, knowing Tostee as well as they do, felt reasonably confident that the prosecution could achieve a guilty verdict for Warriena's VERY wrongful death. And evidently the prosecutor felt the same way, otherwise he would not have pursued the case.

Who knew that 99.9% of the evidence would be excluded?? Much of it for reasons unknown to us.

I listened to the recording. I just heard two people who were badly drunk and having an argument. That is what really drunk people sound like. To argue that there was some kind of restriction is to ignore that fact.

And don't forget, the recording started an hour before all this happened, so the history leading up to it is known.

I don't have the inclination to continue this.

Ms Wright's death has now been referred to Queensland's coroner, who may choose to hold an inquest into the matter.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016/10/21/id-advise-everybody-stay-tinder-tostees-lawyer

Is this likely?
Would GT get to tell his side of the story if that were the case?

the coroner investigates, or not, as the case may be, but his brief now is to decide in what manner Warriena met her unexpected death. .Apart from the injuries she received from her fall, the coroner will investigate the matters leading up to that. ..

Tostee could attend the Coroners inquest, there is nothing that would stop him from doing so, legally. He doesn't have to make any statements, either. .. even if he wanted to, ( that is so remote a possibility ) it may not be germane to the Coroners inquest.
Until the coroner makes his decision, Warriena's death is adjudicated 'undecided'. .. it is unlikely that the coroner will call her death as murder.. He / she could if another suspect turns up but the recording doesn't indicate that. The coroner cant state that Gabe murdered her .

Until this matter takes place, Warriena's family do not have a death certificate, necessary for so many aspects of their lives from now on. Bills, wills, drivers licence, qualifications, debts, property, annuities, all the things one has to have a death certificate for have been delayed while this matter went to the criminal court.

And the manner of her death makes a difference, ... eg, he/she might call her death a suicide, .. ( I don't see any evidence to support that ) and that has a great bearing if she held insurance polices on her life. .. The Coroner could call it death by misadventure ( which I think he/she will ) accidental death, so to speak.. this covers a lot of the aspects of her death.

That is a heck of a find, Natalie. Considering his many, many references to jumping, falling, throwing, balcony, balcony, balcony, on the recording.

"Gable Tostee had a mock up on his phone showing a chalk outline of a body at the base of his apartment building.
The sketch was similar to the kind of outlines which feature in murder scenes in American crime fiction stories.
While eerily prescient, this fact was not included in the brief of evidence as it was considered irrelevant and probably created in jest."

https://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/329...-investigators-but-was-kept-from-trial/#page1

Nothing to do with this case but one that I am interested in and I don't think there is a thread here

Sue Neill-Fraser: Hobart polarised by murder case as final chance court date draws closer

"Tasmania's capital remains divided over the true story behind a notorious seven-year-old murder case that is due to return to the courts next month.

Tasmanian businesswoman and mother, Sue Neill-Fraser, is serving a 23-year jail sentence for the murder of her de facto partner Bob Chappell on Australia Day 2009, but has always maintained she did not do it"

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-...se-divides-hobart-ahead-of-court-date/7950734

that is an interesting case, I don't believe for one moment she murdered him, and the detective in charge gave me the distinct impression of a few cogs not clunking away. .. There is simply nothing there that even points to murder, in any way at all. much less that she did it.

Oh I saw that about the body outline but the article I read didn't say when it was created and I assumed it was after the fall. I did think it bad taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fake_facer_addict