Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't listen to the tape again, but could the gurgling be vodka being poured down W's throat? It might be a long stretch.

Really, really hope not. I think this is far from finished. Mr Tostee will be in the news again.And of course there's the coronial inquest.

I know some here have said it stays open, but I'm not so sure. I see that the Amanda Knox threads are locked, I've also seen others. I'm guessing since he was found not guilty that if we continue along certain veins...that maybe this will get locked eventually. Not sure though, just my opinion
☺

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I dunno how they possibly "estimate" this, based on a reading of 0. Unless he told them he drank X amount, and nobody questioned it.

Really peeves me that something like this was allowed to be introduced in court, some kind of ball park figure pulled out of a hat. When other important evidence was disallowed, and Warriena's behaviour was under such intense scrutiny ... but not enough scrutiny to work out that the she was attempting to flee from a violent attack.

Tostee even managed to button up his clean shirt perfectly. And rolled up his sleeves perfectly while strolling off for pizza in his paralytic condition.

(I guess I must be in my anger stage. :lol: )

Some good posts on here and lots of food for thought. I also feel for what our youth of today is up against, and it is sad when i think of what they are up against. But most young people do not end up dead after a night out doing what young people do nowadays, and god forbid if that was the "norm".
Hypothetical: If anyone came across an accident scene of a person that had been in their company just prior to, and fled from that scene would they be held accountable by the law for not getting medical assistance for that person? Would it be equivalent to a "hit & run"? GT knew WW was on his balcony and he had locked her out there, where did he think she went? He was noted hiding when she had fallen from the balcony, and like a cockroach scuttled off into the night.

I was reading something last night and in the commentary section someone mentioned that an employee of the Courier Mail had his daughter fall 26 stories from a balcony in 2012 at the schoolies thing. How sad.
Why oh why aren't these high rise buildings made safer taking this sort of thing into consideration. I myself think that balconies on high rise buildings should have to meet a building standard where it is impossible for someone to fall to their death. Maybe people should demand it IMO.

I was reading something last night and in the commentary section someone mentioned that an employee of the Courier Mail had his daughter fall 26 stories from a balcony in 2012 at the schoolies thing. How sad.
Why oh why aren't these high rise buildings made safer taking this sort of thing into consideration. I myself think that balconies on high rise buildings should have to meet a building standard where it is impossible for someone to fall to their death. Maybe people should demand it IMO.

When my daughter wanted to go to schoolies on the Gold Coast, I told her she could only go if I came too! I booked the hotel room and shared it with her and two of her friends! It sounds strange looking back on it now but I am glad I went as I was concerned about her safety and that of her friends. I often wonder how many other parents have ever done that?-

Some good posts on here and lots of food for thought. I also feel for what our youth of today is up against, and it is sad when i think of what they are up against. But most young people do not end up dead after a night out doing what young people do nowadays, and god forbid if that was the "norm".
Hypothetical: If anyone came across an accident scene of a person that had been in their company just prior to, and fled from that scene would they be held accountable by the law for not getting medical assistance for that person? Would it be equivalent to a "hit & run"? GT knew WW was on his balcony and he had locked her out there, where did he think she went? He was noted hiding when she had fallen from the balcony, and like a cockroach scuttled off into the night.

Great post! Just love the imagery of him scuttling off like a cockroach!

Your comparison to a "Hit & Run" is intriguing... He knew what happened, and his first thought was of himself, but shouldn't he, as the only witness to the entire incident, have the responsibility to report it, and give a statement at the scene?

Your comparison to a "Hit & Run" is intriguing... He knew what happened, and his first thought was of himself, but shouldn't he, as the only witness to the entire incident, have the responsibility to report it, and give a statement at the scene?

I have been wondering if they could have at least charged or fined him with such minor offences or in the future?

BBM
Nasty, IMO!

Why can't they let Warriena rest in peace?? Why can't they have some respect for her family and friends .... some respect for her?. :(

The trial is over. Trash journalism, Candace Sutton at news.com.au.

When my daughter wanted to go to schoolies on the Gold Coast, I told her she could only go if I came too! I booked the hotel room and shared it with her and two of her friends! It sounds strange looking back on it now but I am glad I went as I was concerned about her safety and that of her friends. I often wonder how many other parents have ever done that?-

That was good for you to do that, and fortunately none of mine ever went to schoolies. I certainly don't think i would be comfortable with my children going there as a parent though, and if they really wanted to if i couldn't talk them out of it i would do what you did.

I have been wondering if they could have at least charged or fined him with such minor offences or in the future?

Yes, but i don't know the legalities of not rendering assistance to someone that has been hurt or died as a result of a fall? I did feel very sad for the young couple that lived in the apartment complex that did try and help Warriena. They called for help. The young man is now traumatised by what he saw and needs therapy, :(

I would think it would amount to some type of criminal negligence/culpability, but not sure what the law in Qld. says about it? Would have to research it.

'The grieving family of Warriena Wright has criticised the presiding judge for “disrespecting” their wishes by publicly releasing a disturbing audio recording of the last moments of her life, it has emerged.

'Ms Tagpuno Wright said Justice John Byrne’s decision to release the audio of her daughter’s death to the public caused her and her family a great deal of stress and trauma.'

'“I asked not to release the audio tape yet I was overruled by the judge,” Ms Tagpuno Wright’s statement said. “I did not want to remember her like that.'

'“Obviously luckily it was recorded. Otherwise if it wasn’t … no one would have believed what transpired that night,” Mr Dore said.'

Source: Warriena Wright’s family speak of ‘anguish’ as xxxxxx found not guilty

Don't worry, Mrs Wright, we don't remember your precious Rrie like that but as a beautiful woman with a loving soul.

Don't kid yourself, Mr Dore. The great majority of right-minded people, including jurors, didn't and still don't believe what transpired that night hence their many notes to, and discussions with, Justice Byrne over the course of their lengthy deliberations. The jurors were hamstrung by the (f)Law.
BBM, I agree Bohemian, all 12 jurors got it wrong, for some reason they went against their true feelings. The whole court case was corrupt from the beginning.

Reading this
https://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN/SLS/RIS_EN/2003/03SL229E.pdf
Section 26 of the Act provides that where a person does or omits to do an
act in the course of rendering first aid or other assistance to someone in
distress, civil liability for the act or omission will not attach to the person
so long as they are providing the aid or assistance while performing duties
to enhance public safety for an entity that provides services that enhance public safety and named under a regulation.

I know one of the teams. I'm sure they'll have their eyes open; especially when they're behind the wheel.
Yes, perhaps he'll stray onto the track, and it will be another accidental death....what a shame.:laughing:

I would think it would amount to some type of criminal negligence/culpability, but not sure what the law in Qld. says about it? Would have to research it.

I'd be looking for something along the lines of liquor control laws > host responsibility as it relates to serving liquor to guests and being responsible to ensure their safety.

If you read some of the misc threads he posted on, you can see that's exactly what he did. His true nature was easy to conceal online and able to be 'let out to play' in his apartment once the door was closed and locked.

The girl who left abruptly when he picked her up on the balcony doesn't know how lucky she was but, then again, she hadn't been plied with spirits and was still sober.

Rrie, on the other hand, was like a butterfly trapped in his web. When she tried to escape, he bound her tighter and when he'd sucked the life out of her psychologically he was done. What happened to her after that was of no consequence.

I have a resident spider in my garden. Handsome creature who I've seen do exactly the same thing to its prey. Afterward it simply cuts the threads of its damaged web and the emptied corpse of the insect drops to the ground, forgotten, all the while the spider is repairing its web in anticipation of its next victim.
BBM, what an excellent analogy. A murdering insect that kills its prey. Thats exactly what happened on the balcony. Good analogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23