NOTGUILTY Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mystery woman offers Tostee support

Wednesday, 11 January 2017

Just one month since Gable Tostee was dumped by his Kiwi girlfriend Lizzi Evans, it appears he has found a new love interest.

New Zealand woman Lizzi Evans supported Tostee during the Brisbane Supreme Court murder trial which saw him cleared of New Zealand tourist Warriena Wright's murder and manslaughter in October.

But since the pair ended their relationship in December last year, it appears Tostee has already moved on.

XK2FeaR.jpg

The New Zealand Herald

Not directed at you Makara but, honestly, who cares? He's simply a fame *advertiser censored*. Pathetic.

The jury was smoking meth in his trial. Similar to the Casey Anthony jury.

Hopefully Toastee and Casey both hook up and kill each other while partying for the night. Jmo

Not directed at you Makara but, honestly, who cares? He's simply a fame *advertiser censored*. Pathetic.

I'm sure many have read the recent articles about Tostee and have thought 'who cares'. I'm in that same bandwagon and I personally don't give a flying fig what he does but when he is linked to yet another young woman it does concern me and I'll continue to post as such as long as this thread is open.

This is going to end up in front of the courts again in the not too distant future and that's a given. I just hope that yet another young woman doesn't lose her life at the hands of Gable Tostee or his alter ego Eric Thomas. He may be relishing in his notoriety right now (and I don't mean the mega milkshake and burger assassination - how childish is that!) but it's going to come back and bite him on the arse. I'm looking forward to that day.

I'm sure many have read the recent articles about Tostee and have thought 'who cares'. I'm in that same bandwagon and I personally don't give a flying fig what he does but when he is linked to yet another young woman it does concern me and I'll continue to post as such as long as this thread is open.

This is going to end up in front of the courts again in the not too distant future and that's a given. I just hope that yet another young woman doesn't lose her life at the hands of Gable Tostee or his alter ego Eric Thomas. He may be relishing in his notoriety right now (and I don't mean the mega milkshake and burger assassination - how childish is that!) but it's going to come back and bite him on the arse. I'm looking forward to that day.

My comment wasn't critical of the posting of the MSM article. I agree, forewarned is definitely forearmed in the case of vulnerable young women. Sadly, there are those who won't heed the warnings and will instead find him alluring for a variety of reasons. There is little, if anything, anyone can do to stop them.

As Justice has so far failed to put a stop to his wanton disregard for other human beings, the only thing we can hope for is that the Queensland Coroner will exercise prudence during his inquest into Warriena's death and when delivering his findings. That's the only news regarding Gable Tostee/Eric Thomas I'm interested in reading. Anything he does in the meantime is of no consequence unless it involves the injury or death of another human being. Let's pray it doesn't come to that and, if it does, he gets the verdict and sentence he deserves.

There is so much anger still in Australia re the manner in which our Justice System reached the verdict of Not Guilty of murder/manslaughter in Rie's case, as "He" was in full control of the situation that night and was able to edit that tape recording to how "He" wanted it to sound.

I would still like to know what that object was that "He" was carrying after he fled the scene (something we will never know)....It wasn't even mentioned in the trial....The majority of the evidence used in this case was based on a manipulated tape recording....Makes you wonder, doesn't it!....Corruption in our Justice System???

Bearing that in mind, just take notice of the corruption atm in all areas of our Australian Government, both Federal and State, with politicians rorting the System (just with Travel Expenses alone) and members having to stand down for an investigation to take place...MOO

The verdict wasn't only reached due to the recording - there were also the eye witnesses who saw W climbing over the balcony herself. If the recording had never been made the same verdict of not guilty would have been reached, imo.

The verdict wasn't only reached due to the recording - there were also the eye witnesses who saw W climbing over the balcony herself. If the recording had never been made the same verdict of not guilty would have been reached, imo.
Just out of interest Rayemonde, what do you think was that object in GT's hand, after he left the scene and why that was not mentioned at the trial?... I would be interested in your thoughts on this...I am aware that there were eye witnesses but the majority of the evidence was placed on GT's edited tape recording..TIA

BBM - I thought they saw her hanging, no one actually saw her climb over - not even Tostee - oddly.

Could you post a link to 'the eye witnesses [statements] who saw W[arriena] climbing over the balcony [railing] herself' please Raymonde?

Regarding the audio recording, I beg to differ and so did Tostee's Defence:

'He [Saul Holt QC] indicated without actually saying that without the audio recording Mr Tostee made of his Tinder date with Ms Wright, he believed the 30-year-old carpet layer would most likely have been convicted of murder.

“The jury knew the words that had been spoken by both of these young people, they knew exactly what both had done, both had their flaws and their virtues laid bare for the world to hear and the jury made an assessment on that basis,” he said.

“Had this recording not existed ... we would have been dealing with a case where the only evidence would be a seriously messed up apartment, together with what the neighbours heard, which were the awful, screams and noises which Warriena Wright made, and then the fact she was dead at the bottom of the balcony.

“No-one, absolutely no-one, not in a million years, would have believed an account that said she had been doing the things she had been doing in that apartment, that the evening had played out like it had unless there was a recording of it.

“The prosecution relied very heavily on that tape, as did we. It was critical for everybody.”'

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...e/news-story/ebee1c313246eee13cbe346c66e2732b

Kate Kyriacou ✔ @KateKyriacou Ms Ellis said she moved to edge, looked up, saw a girl trying to climb over the balcony. #tostee

Ms Ellis said the girl was in a rush, quickly trying to get over balcony, was doing it without much thought I suppose. #tostee
[video=twitter;785669557268549633]https://twitter.com/KateKyriacou/status/785669557268549633[/video]

Ms Ellis said she looked at Ryan to do something, when she looked back, she was hanging. #tostee
1:04 PM - 11 Oct 2016

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...t/news-story/3a4473e26fce6c05d90ec0a2ac614e44

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/crime-and-justice/gable-tostee-untold-story-of-a-reclusive-playboy/news-story/a4df793a52bb720452d1c64a0074a49e

the only reason I remember this is because of the "feet" situation and how it changed......

Kate Kyriacou ✔ @KateKyriacou Ms Ellis said she moved to edge, looked up, saw a girl trying to climb over the balcony. #tostee

Ms Ellis said the girl was in a rush, quickly trying to get over balcony, was doing it without much thought I suppose. #tostee
[video=twitter;785669557268549633]https://twitter.com/KateKyriacou/status/785669557268549633[/video]

Ms Ellis said she looked at Ryan to do something, when she looked back, she was hanging. #tostee
1:04 PM - 11 Oct 2016

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...t/news-story/3a4473e26fce6c05d90ec0a2ac614e44

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/crime-and-justice/gable-tostee-untold-story-of-a-reclusive-playboy/news-story/a4df793a52bb720452d1c64a0074a49e

the only reason I remember this is because of the "feet" situation and how it changed......

Ms Ellis' original affidavit:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Paradise-Aug-2014-12&p=12936124#post12936124

From your link possum:

Interesting to note the switch of personal pronouns employed in Tostee/Thomas' reply:

'"It's also nonsensical to suggest there may be further charges such as deprivation of liberty, as the murder charge particularised the act of locking the deceased outside (on his balcony) one of the elements of the charge."

"Since I was found not guilty, a deprivation of liberty charge should fail for the exact reason that I was effectively already acquitted of it."'

Can he really be re-charged?

I thought that was impossible under the double jeopardy laws.

I'm confused.

I'm confused.

What I understand, based solely on the NZ Herald article, the Coroner could recommend a fresh prosecution on a charge of deprivation of liberty, rather than those of murder or manslaughter, but I'm no lawyer.

Warriena's family has to endorse this process, and I pray they will

I'm confused.

He could be charged with a different offence but, in my opinion, it's unlikely.

What more information can come out of the inquest? The Crown took everything it had to trial and very little other than the audio recording ended up being tendered. While the Coroner can hear evidence that wasnt admitted At trial, if different charges were laid, the Crown would be left with the same problems having evidence admitted.

GT's comments in the recent article look to me like he is reciting what his lawyer has told him. I think that his comments are legally correct, which is what makes me think he is reciting legal advice he has been given.

I think the talk about new charges is mostly coming from the media.

Warriena's family has to endorse this process, and I pray they will

The family doesn't HAVE to endorse an inquest. The Coroner is just consulting with the family on whether there should be one. The Coroner can ultimately decide to hold one even if th family opposes, or can decline to hold one even if the family wants an inquest.

In my opinion the Coroner is probably asking the family whether they want an inquest after they have been made aware of what can be reasonably achieved from an inquest. Ie, if the family want answers, then there is a possibility that GT can possibly ordered to testify (although that isn't a guarantee as I think GT would appeal an order to give evidence). However, if the family wants GT to face further charges, then this is unlikely.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back