Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was never able to find his FB - oh well. Hopefully the prosecution has everything they need to proceed with the case despite the fact that some things have now been deleted.

I wonder how long it will be till they delete his BB forum profile. As soon as the lawyer can get an order to do so probably. Screen shots are always handy, for incriminating posts. I am sure that police have been taking many, many screen shots of specific things they want ... on all of his SM ... as well as getting digital copies of Tostee's profiles and activities from all of the providers.

<modsnip>

Televised court cases are not a great idea. This would only feed the minds of voyeurs and impressionable young adults. The Advertising companies will jump on this one, as usual money is made out of another person,s misfortune.

:welcome: Sombrero

Arrangements are being made for Lower Hutt woman Warriena Wright's body to be brought back to New Zealand.

Detective Superintendent David Hutchinson of Queensland Police said police were continuing with their investigation and were preparing for a court case.

He confirmed arrangements were being made to have Ms Wright's body transferred back to New Zealand.

"The family are back in New Zealand and arrangements are still continuing in order to have her body transferred back.

"That is being arranged through the Homicide Victim Support Group."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11311787

The man charged over the death of a Lower Hutt woman deserves to spend a lifetime in jail, a long-time friend of the victim says.

Tutai Jessie, who met Wright through church 11 years ago, said she felt relieved when news broke that Tostee had been charged.

"It was confusing at first because he was denying having any involvement at all up on that balcony, but it was quite obvious he was the last person with her," Jessie, 24, who lives in Melbourne, said.

"I cried out of happiness and joy because justice could be had."

Jessie said she hadn't picked Wright as someone who would have met up with a stranger through Tinder.

"It's not like her to chat on Tinder with strangers . . . she never had a problem meeting new people. She was trusting like that but not in a stupid way. She could have met people on her own without the help of a dating app."

Through tears Jessie said she was devastated to learn of her friend's final moments.

"To find out that's true and that he did that to her. She was such a sweet person and didn't deserve that. Him being behind bars is all that matters at the moment," she said. "I just hope that she's at peace and there's no more suffering for her."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/10393308/Friends-joy-over-murder-charge

^ from above.
Tostee remains at Southport Watchhouse while waiting for his next court appearance via video link on October 10.
I am amazed he is still at the watchouse!

I remember reading about 'date rape' drug Rohypnol or [club drugs] that the victim wakes during the assault. Could something similar have happened to Warriena as she could have awoken in a panicked and altered state to have needed to escape over the balcony.

It's possible. When's Toxicology likely to be released?

Victims say some wake up during the attack but can't help themselves or lift their arms to push off their attacker. Some wake hours later confused, disorientated and can't remember what happened but realise they have been raped.
Yes the toxicology reports and all forensic evidence will be on & inside Warriena.

The fall over the balcony has my alarm bells ringing right now.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hvOpN-QQs_U

I remember reading about 'date rape' drug Rohypnol or [club drugs] that the victim wakes during the assault. Could something similar have happened to Warriena as she could have awoken in a panicked and altered state to have needed to escape over the balcony.

Hi TGY! :seeya:

That's an absolutely viable scenario imo.

And that's what Ausgirl was speculating a little while back - that all his questions about meds and combinations of meds on the bb forums may have, in fact, not been for him but for his 'dates'.:facepalm:

I wouldn't put it past him.:furious:

^ from above.

I am amazed he is still at the watchouse!

Doubtful he is in watchouse, he was remanded in custody to appear by video link at Southport magistrates court on October 18 or thereabouts as I recall. He would not be videoed from what house, it is in the same place.

He will be at Arthur Gorrie, remand and reception at Darra / Wacol area, it is the real deal like high security, plenty of bad company. I understand that when charge is murder, bail application must be made in Supreme Court, which is in Brisbane.

This video is based on a true story of a tourist being asked back to a 6th floor apartment to see the city skyline of Rome. With the door front locked and her attacker becoming violent & she knows her only escape is over the balcony. SHE GOES OVER.........

Is this similar to what Warriena endured, @ 8:30. ?

Unfortunately Warriena's story ended differently.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6OWftpBS2og

Doubtful he is in watchouse, he was remanded in custody to appear by video link at Southport magistrates court on October 18 or thereabouts as I recall. He would not be videoed from what house, it is in the same place.

He will be at Arthur Gorrie, remand and reception at Darra / Wacol area, it is the real deal like high security, plenty of bad company. I understand that when charge is murder, bail application must be made in Supreme Court, which is in Brisbane.
I was just going by what was said in the article, which was that he remained at the watchouse.

This video is based on a true story of a tourist being asked back to a 6th floor apartment to see the city skyline of Rome. With the door front locked and her attacker becoming violent & she knows her only escape is over the balcony. SHE GOES OVER.........

Is this similar to what Warriena endured, @ 8:30. ?

Unfortunately Warriena's story ended differently.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6OWftpBS2og

Whoa ... how scary! I think that is exactly the frame of mind that Warriena had when she attempted her escape over the balcony.

As the girl in the YouTube video says ... a do or die situation, escape or be horribly raped, door is locked, so it is over the balcony and onto the ledge ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required