Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe he kept is as a means of exonerating himself - he didn't hand the recordings in, did he, he left them in a car for the cops to find as 'evidence'

RSBM: I have often wondered if he thought that the police wouldn't search that car when they conducted their search of the property (do we know whose car it is/was?) IMO he may have slipped it in that driver's door compartment to retrieve later, or for safe keeping, because he wasn't driving that night or any time afterwards. He doesn't have a valid license.

August 9
9.10pm - Police search a Toyota Avalon parked outside Mr Tostee's father's house. They find a Sony XPeria mobile phone in the driver's side door compartment. The audio recording is later retrieved from the phone, but it appears the recording initially had been made on a different device.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ostees-apartment-balcony-20140908-10e4zm.html

"Police say they decided to arrest Tostee on August 15 after finding the recordings."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...no-Wright-lucky-I-haven-t-thrown-balcony.html

Oh, there's got to be a truckload of anecdotal evidence about his behaviour out and around the Gold Coast. Didn't he go to school there, was born there? There's going to be priors, of course we've heard about "creepy" communications and body-language. With certainty there will be many people with a small story which when put together will add up to a big red flag about him. Hope people feel compelled to talk and don't get shut-down by any local Old Boy's network.

I will refer to this metal object as the UMO (Unidentified Metallic Object) hereafter.

Curious that GT has not named it specifically in the BBF post where he offered his account of events of the 8th August. He just called the UMO a "nearby metal object".http://www.numisc.com/forum/showthr...-oldmisc-addressing-that-night-on-the-balcony

It could be that (1) he cannot recall what the UMO was due to an alcohol induced blackout. He had previously admitted to having these blanks in his memory when he drinks too much(Unlikely but possible).

Or (2) it could be that the actual identity of the UMO is best kept from the public's knowledge at this point. (As it could really put a big dent to his defense???) But regardless, there must be a calculated reason as to why it has not been named in his BBF recount. Could it be a possibility that it was one of the items removed from the apartment by Police Forensics, and that very object has been highlighted as potential evidence that might be used in the trial and therefore he had been specifically told by his ex-lawyers to not name it? (This is only a guess of course).

He went so far as to call the UMO a "weapon" in his recount as in he "tried to remove the weapon from her" (same BBF post). So yes Marlywings, a knife is a definite possibility, but why not just say a knife then?

Something seems off here.

(3) Of course, he may just have felt that it was not an important detail to reveal. Maybe to him, he thought what the UMO was had no bearing on getting the actual point of his story across. (I don't think so but for completion and fairness, I am throwing this in there as a possibility also.)

Firstly....

November 18, 2014

He said a toxicology report would show she was heavily intoxicated with a "home-distilled white spirits", however there was no clear evidence that he was drunk.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ostee-makes-bid-for-bail-20141118-11osq4.html

Secondly, re the UMO - I'm going with it being some type of illegal weapon. IF it were a vase or figurine type thing, it would have been named as such.

Perhaps that will be yet another charge ...ie....possession of illegal weapon.

For a guy who has been on the wrong side of the law with all his previous charges, along with illegally distilling alcohol, it's not a stretch at all to wonder if he possessed illegal weapons of some type. There are plenty of other illegal weapons out there apart from guns.

I'm wondering if he did indeed have a fake gun. During their disjointed conversation, Tostee says to WW "It's not real." Or "They're not real you know." I also believe that Tostee's recording device was worn on his wrist and that he had WW in a headlock when he dragged her to the balcony.

I'm wondering if he did indeed have a fake gun. During their disjointed conversation, Tostee says to WW "It's not real." Or "They're not real you know." I also believe that Tostee's recording device was worn on his wrist and that he had WW in a headlock when he dragged her to the balcony.

Good points, Marly & good spot, Makara!

Was Tostee a smoker. Could it have been one of those tacky fake pistol lighters. If it was an illegal weapon would he leave it lying around in full view.

A while back, some of the other members mentioned the wrist device, possibly one of the Smart Wrist Watches.

With the mention of "headlock", my first thought was nunchucks.

I still wonder what this is ? Could it have been a hipflask filled with the potent moonshine? Or maybe the unknown object that was swung around? :dunno:

2:25am: Sound of metallic screwing or unscrewing

2:26am: Sounds of sirens in the background

http://new.widmi.com/index.php/austr...e-murder-trial

I still wonder what this is ? Could it have been a hipflask filled with the potent moonshine? Or maybe the unknown object that was swung around? :dunno:

2:25am: Sound of metallic screwing or unscrewing

2:26am: Sounds of sirens in the background

http://new.widmi.com/index.php/austr...e-murder-trial

Definitely yes OR part of a home vodka distillation set up - aren't they mostly stainless steel construction of which there are definitely screwed on fittings/parts. Possible that GT might have dismantled the distillation unit to access the vodka brew and mix up drinks at the kitchen counter during the night and the screwing/unscrewing sound heard on the audio could be him putting it together/tidying up the mess after the fall or something along those lines?

A while back, some of the other members mentioned the wrist device, possibly one of the Smart Wrist Watches.

With the mention of "headlock", my first thought was nunchucks.

Yes, I did read that other members had suggested a wrist device and it does seem plausible with the different levels of volume in comparison to what Tostee was doing at any given time.

Nunchucks make a lot of sense also. Tostee said something to WW about her trying to kill him by hitting him with something. Nunchucks can be a deadly weapon. From memory there was also some reference made to "going all Kung Fu", or something like that. Nunchucks or Nunchaku are illegal in Australia.

http://www.pottslawyers.com.au/possessing-and-acquiring-nunchaku-kung-fu-sticks-qld.html

Images of Nunchucks

I once picked up a hand gun and I had to lift & hold it with two hands because it was so so heavy. The other thing that I think of is a set of dumbbells as they are heavy and they have a screw to hold the weights into position. I doubt he'd have a set of cast iron cookware. Otherwise it's got me stumped. :thinking:

The construction of the flooring would be carpet, underlay, thick concrete and sound deadening on the ceiling underneath. What could be heavy enough to wake a neighbour unless the noise was on tiles. I don't even think a plasma TV falling would make enough noise through carpet.
In the audio I didn't hear sounds like furniture crashing so maybe there's more to come.

:lookingitup:

In documents filed in the Supreme Court, residents living below Tostee’s Avalon Apartments home have described waking to the sounds of furniture crashing, heavy objects being dropped and a woman shouting “no, no, no”.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ble-tostees-unit/story-fnihsrf2-1227051950766

Definitely yes OR part of a home vodka distillation set up - aren't they mostly stainless steel construction of which there are definitely screwed on fittings/parts. Possible that GT might have dismantled the distillation unit to access the vodka brew and mix up drinks at the kitchen counter during the night and the screwing/unscrewing sound heard on the audio could be him putting it together/tidying up the mess after the fall or something along those lines?

After you have distilled liquor, it is usually put in bottles (old alcohol bottles) - not taken right from the still for each individual drink. The screwing could be him screwing/unscrewing a bottle lid.

But it definitely could also be him dismantling the still if he felt the need to make it appear unused, or needed to empty it out quickly.

Is that a Volvo in the photos of the parents going to Arthur Gorrie? (Looking at the front emblem.)
I wonder whose car the Toyota Avalon is? (Where the phone with recording was found.) That is a biggish car too.
http://www.newspix.com.au/C.aspx?VP3=SearchResult_VPage&VBID=2KERI3OL3N0F

Interesting dynamics as to who is sitting where in the car on Nov 19. Maybe just a simple matter of leg room, but in my family grown sons would assume backseat as a sign of respect/courtesy towards Mum (they might ask her to roll forward, but would still take the back). Maybe I'm reading too much into it and it's a 'just us' thing? lol.

I once picked up a hand gun and I had to lift & hold it with two hands because it was so so heavy. The other thing that I think of is a set of dumbbells as they are heavy and they have a screw to hold the weights into position. I doubt he'd have a set of cast iron cookware. Otherwise it's got me stumped. :thinking:

The construction of the flooring would be carpet, underlay, thick concrete and sound deadening on the ceiling underneath. What could be heavy enough to wake a neighbour unless the noise was on tiles. I don't even think a plasma TV falling would make enough noise through carpet.
In the audio I didn't hear sounds like furniture crashing so maybe there's more to come.

:lookingitup:

In documents filed in the Supreme Court, residents living below Tostee’s Avalon Apartments home have described waking to the sounds of furniture crashing, heavy objects being dropped and a woman shouting “no, no, no”.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ble-tostees-unit/story-fnihsrf2-1227051950766

Him tackling her to the ground would make them both land with a distinct floor-shaking thud/boom (if you lived downstairs). He is no lightweight.

Could also prompt him to say "Get up ... get up" afterwards.

2.17.49am: 'Cmon, get up. Get up'. Female states, 'I am so sorry'. Male states, ' I don't care'. Struggling. Male, 'you don't understand do ya. You don't understand anything at all do you.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-final-struggle-plus-happened-afterwards.html

That's what I was thinking in the last thread.

"It is likely the "pattern injury on Mr Tostee's right leg was due to an object which moved across the skin toward his right ..... the shape of the injury may be reflective of the causation object or part there of."

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...en-caused-by-fingernails-20140908-10e13a.html

Given Tostee is claiming self defence and there has been mention of a swinging object.

This injury seems significant somehow. Moved across the skin toward right leaving small patterned abrasions.

Was R'rie right or left handed?

I will refer to this metal object as the UMO (Unidentified Metallic Object) hereafter.

Curious that GT has not named it specifically in the BBF post where he offered his account of events of the 8th August. He just called the UMO a "nearby metal object".http://www.numisc.com/forum/showthr...-oldmisc-addressing-that-night-on-the-balcony

It could be that (1) he cannot recall what the UMO was due to an alcohol induced blackout. He had previously admitted to having these blanks in his memory when he drinks too much(Unlikely but possible).

Or (2) it could be that the actual identity of the UMO is best kept from the public's knowledge at this point. (As it could really put a big dent to his defense???) But regardless, there must be a calculated reason as to why it has not been named in his BBF recount. Could it be a possibility that it was one of the items removed from the apartment by Police Forensics, and that very object has been highlighted as potential evidence that might be used in the trial and therefore he had been specifically told by his ex-lawyers to not name it? (This is only a guess of course).

He went so far as to call the UMO a "weapon" in his recount as in he "tried to remove the weapon from her" (same BBF post). So yes Marlywings, a knife is a definite possibility, but why not just say a knife then?

Something seems off here.

(3) Of course, he may just have felt that it was not an important detail to reveal. Maybe to him, he thought what the UMO was had no bearing on getting the actual point of his story across. (I don't think so but for completion and fairness, I am throwing this in there as a possibility also.)
I agree Slinki

I am also curious as to why this was not mentioned to his father.

It was self defence Dad .. like she was swinging a metal ??????? at me.... look I've got like scratches, abrasions blah, blah all over me. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8