Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read what he wrote here, I think he is genuinely upset about the tragic accident, and does care about what happened to WW.

I have read that before, John.

Eating pizza to calm anxiety is a new one on me.

I'm sorry to say I don't read the same tone of remorse you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After shutting the door I turned my back and retreated, and literally about 10 seconds later when I turned around and looked through the glass I only briefly for a fraction of a second saw Warriena on the other side of the railing before she disappeared out of view. She never tried to get back in, bang on the door or even cry out to me or anyone else. She climbed over without any warning. I was too far away to react. At the time I couldn't tell if she had fallen or climbed down to another floor. All I knew was that she was no longer there. How could anybody possibly expect someone to fall to their death within seconds of being on a balcony without any warning? It is not as if I locked her there and left her for hours. I was in disbelief.
Such disbelief that I didn't even run downstairs to see if she was okay! (as someone else said - even Gittany did that). Such disbelief that I didn't call 000! Such disbelief that my first thought was to call my lawyer immediately.

the dead giveaway in Gabe's note, is the bit where he says ' my lawyers will crucify me for writing this'.. this is the bit you can take to the bank that his lawyers secretary wrote it out for him..

Some crazed scrabble at public relations... .

the dead giveaway in Gabe's note, is the bit where he says ' my lawyers will crucify me for writing this'.. this is the bit you can take to the bank that his lawyers secretary wrote it out for him..

Some crazed scrabble at public relations... .

It's got a bit of fairy dust on it I reckon.

'For at least a week after it happened I was so overwhelmed I was unable to laugh or even crack a smile.'

it has the true touch of comedy that only a bored legal secretary who wasn't very keen on Gabe would write.. hehe.

Such disbelief that I didn't even run downstairs to see if she was okay! (as someone else said - even Gittany did that). Such disbelief that I didn't call 000! Such disbelief that my first thought was to call my lawyer immediately.

You raise interesting questions. Do you know the time line between when she disappeared off the balcony to when he (unsuccessfully) called Potts?

If you read what he wrote here, I think he is genuinely upset about the tragic accident, and does care about what happened to WW.

Because there has never been a person exaggerate, lie, misrepresent or fabricate reflections on an event for personal gain:liar:

'A less forgiving man could have quite conceivably exercised less restraint and retaliated violently. I did what I did to prevent further physical conflict and de-escalate the situation as best as I could.'

here we have the Monty Python segment of the letter, and slap me silly and call me Susan but haven't there been a few misguided posters trying to push that very scenario here on websleuths all week?.. I think there has!!....

It's got a bit of fairy dust on it I reckon.

I, too, have always thought that the person who apparently came between Tostee and his first top criminal lawyer was responsible for that letter.

I think Trooper said earlier that the jury will concentrate (were instructed to concentrate?) on the last 6 minutes of the recording. It started me thinking ... in those few minutes, when she was screaming her heart out, and he was wrestling her out onto the balcony, she believed he was going to throw her over, right? He had the opportunity right there to say to her, "stop screaming, I'm not going to throw you over, I'm just putting you in time out, okay?"

But he didn't. He didn't because he was enjoying terrorising her. And that is what will put him away; because all he had to do, if he genuinely thought he had no alternative but to shut her out there, was to reassure her that she was not going to come to any harm.

But he didn't do that. He wrestled her out there and left her, drunk, terrified, having just had this hideous experience of thinking she was going to be thrown to her death as she tried to save her life wrestling with this big burly guy. How was she supposed to calm down? She couldn't possibly. She had one thought in mind: I have to escape from this psycho.

That's why I think he's in for a custodial sentence.

I, too, have always thought that the person who apparently came between Tostee and his first top criminal lawyer was responsible for that letter.

the big busty gal with a fondness for wedge heels?? is that the one?

You raise interesting questions. Do you know the time line between when she disappeared off the balcony to when he (unsuccessfully) called Potts?

Yes.

That information has been posted many, many times.

'For at least a week after it happened I was so overwhelmed I was unable to laugh or even crack a smile.'

it has the true touch of comedy that only a bored legal secretary who wasn't very keen on Gabe would write.. hehe.

That is not the work of a 'legal secretary.' What do you find so abnormal about it? Seems pretty average (as a piece of writing) to me.

Because there has never been a person exaggerate, lie, misrepresent or fabricate reflections on an event for personal gain:liar:

oh Strange, have you EVER??...... I just don't know. it seems that there really is no need for all this panoply of Prosecutors and Judges and all that wiggy stuff, courts, prisons, all it needs is a letter from the accused!!.. that ought to cover it, really..

Where do these people come from??

<modsnip> I think ever since Gabe didn't get up and testify as most here adamantly insisted he would, this has now removed the ammunition most here were eagerly awaiting, and now removed an opportunity to tear tear him to pieces and 'man hate' on him. IMO I feel many here may have misread Tostee's character after (a) when he didn't testify, and now with a poor performance from the prosecution, the likely hood of a "Not Guilty" verdict, will upset many here, who don't want to see Justice, but only want to see Tostee "GUILTY" as they dislike him as a person.

NOTE: IMO

'A less forgiving man could have quite conceivably exercised less restraint and retaliated violently. I did what I did to prevent further physical conflict and de-escalate the situation as best as I could.'

here we have the Monty Python segment of the letter, and slap me silly and call me Susan but haven't there been a few misguided posters trying to push that very scenario here on websleuths all week?.. I think there has!!....

bingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members