Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting the impression I've offended you and for that, I'm sorry you and others don't like what I had to say. All good. At the end of the day, it's irrelevant either way because as we know, Hypothermia was not what caused Warriena's death.

Sure, Warriena's eating habits would differ greatly while holidaying in the Gold Coast however, it's always sensible to eat if you're going to drink. And that's all I'll say about that. :)

Not offended. I have known cold Kiwis, and you haven't. Yes, eating would have been a good idea, but I think that the strength of the moonshine was also unexpected and probably not realised. I am slightly smaller than Rrie, and must admit I don't eat huge portions.

Good post, Strangeworld, and not bad for a layperson! Apply this same scrutiny to Tostee's convo with his dad that night... it's part of why I suspect him of more than simply locking her out. Deflectapalooza.

attachment.php

"Defence argued *****ting and locking of balcony door were not intimidation, but the contrary"

Well that's a new look at intimidation we haven't discussed yet :giggle::giggle::giggle:

@ Strangeworld, fantastic breakdown of Tostee's statement he posted on social media, I agree with your evaluation. Yep, imo, he's a lost cause and I feel for those who have a relationship with him, if it can be called that. He's devoid of emotions for anyone but himself and he believes it's Warriena's fault he's in trouble...... again. He has the emotional range of a child which doesn't excuse him of culpability but it explains a lot. I'm heavily biased after reading all his rubbish on forums etc. I certainly couldn't have been a jury member in this trial.
I think I won't be shocked by a 'not guilty' though.

Good post, Strangeworld, and not bad for a layperson! Apply this same scrutiny to Tostee's convo with his dad that night... it's part of why I suspect him of more than simply locking her out. Deflectapalooza.
Exactly, but the jury have to disregard everything after Tostee shut the balcony door. Participating in this forum is a blessing and a curse.

Does anyone know if the Jury ever saw that (what he posted on the web) presented in evidence at the Trial. I doubt it as the Prosecution would have been right in not leading it as 'self serving.'

Why has more not been made about how he might have hurt Rrie's vagina? (Despite the fact he would "never hurt a girl"). I think that is fairly important. He is so lucky he hasn't had to answer any questions. The tape does not answer a lot of my questions!

He was arrested in NSW, but not charged for this crime until back in Queensland. In NSW he was sprung for dangerous driving, I think from memory.

Karlie was killed in NSW and Police believe that Khandalyce was also killed in NSW - therefor charges are in NSW

Speaking from Parramatta at one of two conferences held by New South Wales and South Australian police this afternoon, Detective Superintendent Mick Willing said Khandalyce was murdered just days after her mother.
"We will be alleging in court that Khandalyce was murdered in New South Wales shortly after the murder of Karlie," Detective Superintendent Willing said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-15/holdom-charged-over-murder-of-khandalyce-kiara-pearce/7029280

He was arrested in NSW, but not charged for this crime until back in Queensland. In NSW he was sprung for dangerous driving, I think from memory.

That was in reply to an off topic question. Karlie and Khandalyce Pearce case.
Sorry for confusion.

He was charged in NSW.

And is incarcerated in NSW.

Karlie was killed in NSW and Police believe that Khandalyce was also killed in NSW - therefor charges are in NSW

Speaking from Parramatta at one of two conferences held by New South Wales and South Australian police this afternoon, Detective Superintendent Mick Willing said Khandalyce was murdered just days after her mother.
"We will be alleging in court that Khandalyce was murdered in New South Wales shortly after the murder of Karlie," Detective Superintendent Willing said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-15/holdom-charged-over-murder-of-khandalyce-kiara-pearce/7029280

I'm not sure either, but he was in jail for previous child sexual charges - could have something to do with that.

That was in reply to an off topic question. Karlie and Khandalyce Pearce case.
Sorry for confusion.

Dang and so he is. Thinking of Salt Creek. Oops...my bad :cat:

Thanks Ausgirl
BBM - word of the year!! :woot:

[video=twitter;787884417851101185]https://twitter.com/BenBMurph/status/787884417851101185[/video]

Well I must say this has been an interesting thread from a personal perspective. I've been accused of being an "insider" for/with the defence due to predicting the defence argument with "alarming accuracy" all the way down to someone who has nothing of value to add :thinking:

FWIW, I don't claim to be a legal professional and I don't claim not to be a legal professional. I get many things right and I get some things demonstrably wrong. Nevertheless I remain respectful to ALL members of the forum, even if their views are in conflict with my own (which is more than I can say for some active participants, from both sides). Any information (outside of a personal opinion) is either accompanied by a relevant source or is readily obtained by a quick search by anyone who wishes to delve any deeper.

I've been where Elde Fruit has been, with one (ex) moderator in particular waging a personal vendetta with every post I made greeted with a very bold cut and pasted "you need to be a verified expert to post information of that nature", even if it was something as innocuous as "excellent post, I agree" or something along those lines. It got to the point where I posted a link, as required by the rules, only to have that link modsnipped and I was later banned for not providing a link! Thankfully I've been granted a degree of leeway since those inauspicious beginnings.

I post here on Websleuths because I enjoy discussing/debating legal matters with everyone, regardless of whether they have an opposing point of view. There are precious few forums of this nature, at least with a membership size of any note. I like to encourage people to think outside the box, consider opposing points of view and, to some degree, educate people on various areas of the legal process where I can (with the appropriate references of course!). I don't want anyone to take what I say as gospel, people are free to take on board what I say and they are equally free to completely ignore it if they so choose. Nevertheless I'll continue to opine on various matters as I genuinely enjoy the robust discussion (minus the personal attacks that pop up from time to time) and it's my hope that some members find my input of some interest, even if it doesn't sway their position :)

And now I realise that the post I was replying to has been deleted and I look like I'm talking to myself, d'oh!

I for one appreciate your input, JCB. Law for Biology is one of the subjects I have yet to attempt at Uni so your knowledge and matter-of-fact explanations of the legal aspects of the trial have added to my understanding of the Crown vs Defence arguments and the courtroom process immensely. Thank you.

But Defence barrister Saul Holt QC has argued Tostee was within his legal right to protect himself and his property by restraining her.
"She is outside, he is inside and he has caused a locked door to be between the two of them," Mr Holt said in his opening address. "What happened in this case is nothing like murder or manslaughter, it doesn't fit."
BBM
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...2&objectid=11728958+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

So the door WAS locked, but supposedly Warriena had no way of knowing that? They tend to make a certain noise when they lock ...

JCB, I've just seen your post *where you were talking to yourself* lol and just want to say... I've enjoyed reading your posts immensley and I'm looking forward to reading many more!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juliehollz