Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Freya, the jury wasn't instructed to ignore the CCTV evidence. They were told not to assume Tostee was guilty simply because he didn't call OOO, phoned his lawyer instead, used the carpark exit from his building as opposed to using the front entrance where Warriena's body lay. Oh and then going off to buy pizza for himself. All of that cannot be construed as a sign of guilt apparently. Shock perhaps but not guilt! On the other hand, what Tostee had concealed in his pants and later removed, as can be seen on the CCTV footage, is another thing altogether and the jury can pick that apart little piece by little piece, just as some would pick the olives off a pizza.
Ah, thanks Makara :D

Freya, the jury wasn't instructed to ignore the CCTV evidence. They were told not to assume Tostee was guilty simply because he didn't call OOO, phoned his lawyer instead, used the carpark exit from his building as opposed to using the front entrance where Warriena's body lay. Oh and then going off to buy pizza for himself. All of that cannot be construed as a sign of guilt apparently. Shock perhaps but not guilt! On the other hand, what Tostee had concealed in his pants and later removed, as can be seen on the CCTV footage, is another thing altogether and the jury can pick that apart little piece by little piece, just as some would pick the olives off a pizza.

BBM and O/T, sorry, but that's sacrilege. I always order double olives and I bag the slices with the most olives.

There's some screen *advertiser censored* somewhere on this thread, too.

Has everyone got the *****s today???!!!! :sos: :tmi:
Love it Ausgirl

(its funny that if you swear intentionally it is censored, but if you swear accidently, no worries hahahahahaha)

I think this is a good sign, that they are trying to convict him. :please:

Pretty surprising that they picked that up from viewing the footage in court one time, I'd have thought! I didn't notice till it was screenshot and enlarged here.

It was the first thing I noticed when I watched it. He looked incredibly shifty so I immediately wondered what the heck he was holding. He wasn't holding it "normally" he was holding it near leg like he didn't want anyone to see it and glancing around. It stood out to me.
I actually assumed that they knew what it was, it was irrelevant and we would never find out so I am really glad they noticed it and brought it up.

But his age? Reminds me of a question at uni from a mature aged student.

I agree with this.

The Jury can ONLY decide on the evidence provided in Court.

Why the person (supposedly) as Foreman asked for Tostee's age and so forth? Who knows. It IS against the rules.

I have been on a Jury and it was an awful experience.

As have I. Mine was an armed robbery trial and we got roasted by the judge for something very similar to what happened today even though it was very innocent. It wasn’t pleasant.

attachment.php

PHOTO OF THE DECADE

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...o-reach-verdict-in-trial-20161017-gs4cng.html

Attachments

• GT.jpg
    GT.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 124
JCB isn't "new and compelling" evidence grounds for a retrial?

Yes, but it's not an appeal and to my knowledge the new(ish) double jeopardy laws have yet to be tested in QLD. For all intents and purposes the decision of the jury is final. If Gable is acquitted of murder but found guilty of manslaughter then the Crown cannot initiate a new prosecution even under the new legislation.

If you google 'taser' there are quite a few models that could possibly be what he was holding.

Saul Holt, QC, said in his closing address to jurors on Friday, his murder trial would have played out very differently

“Thank goodness he did ... thank goodness he did press record on his app at 12.55,” Mr Holt said.

“Can you imagine for a moment this case if that recording had not existed? ..........................................

“This case would just have involved what the neighbours heard, that messed up scene inside the house and the fact that she’s dead, on the floor, 14 storeys below

http://www.news.com.au/national/quee...649e04d3272c5d

Sorry re posting this.

And the CCTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads