Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have also been wondering why Warriena didn't scream out Fire or Help? The firefighters would of rescued her with their ladder. They say you get a better reaction if you scream out Fire instead of Help. But both would of been fine. I wonder if she never even had the chance to do that and GT helped her over the balcony to her fall?

A ladder that stretches 14 floors. Do they exist?
imo

Do you think that would ever have happened after he had restrained and choked her? I find myself wondering what would have happened if she hadn't have gone over the balcony. He had already been in trouble with the police, how would an assault charge have gone down with him?

Perhaps that is why he didn't let her go, hey? I couldn't work out why he didn't, other than the fact that he asked her to stay the night despite the pebble-throwing. You would think he would just want to get rid of her (out the front door) if she was that much of a pain in the bum.

What you say makes a lot of sense. Especially as he had the court case for that high range drunk dangerous driving charge coming up, at that time.

I dunno. . Considering he hadn't threatened her with a lethal weapon and hadn't tried to tie her up after the chocking, trying to climb down a balcony at night seems to be the worst possible choice IMO

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk
he isn't HEARD to have threatened her with a weapon, so who is to say he didn't do it silently as an action? We can't see that he didn't, so shouldn't really speculate that he didn't

imo

They called in a cherry picker when doing forensics on the balcony - I have seen photos published somewhere.
Yes I have as well.
I don't think there was time for ladders or cherry picker as Holt explained it happened in seconds.

I was not aware until now that Warriena said this:

"Warriena Wright was seeing and hearing things and claimed she would "jump off the balcony" about 40 minutes before plunging to her death, lawyers for Gable Tostee say."

It sounds as if Warriena's behaviour was psychotic if she was seeing and hearing (strange) things possibly due to the alcohol Tostee had been feeding her all night on an empty stomach.

I wonder if a Psychologist should have been employed to interpret the significance of this to help jurors to make the right verdict.

Tostee made reference to jumping off the balcony about three or four times during that night but I do not remember this being brought up in court. My take on this is that when one is drunk, you don't think logically or rationally. and the subconscious mind which is a literal mind takes over. The conscious mind is the censor and that function is missing when drunk.

Also, the jurors were told to only concentrate on the last 6 minutes of the audio tape. But psychologically, there has been a lead up with what he has been saying and doing and with what she has been saying and doing and things gradually got worse due to the alcohol. I think a Psychologist or Psychiatrist would have been able to explain this progression and what could have been going on in both of their minds. He/she could have explained the fear factor after the chokehold and why a girl would choose to escape over the balcony rather than waiting to calm down and eventually leave by the front door.

My question to a Psychiatrist would be was Warriena trying to escape life-threatening violence considering what led up to it such as the chokehold and her state of mind

Yes, it just highlights how panicked, desperate and intimidated she must have felt, doesn't it?
imo
Yes she was however people can over panic eg panic attacks that others or even the majority would just calmly think there way through it.
Let me ask a question

Who here after hearing the evidence would have attempted the climb down as the only option? I'm guessing none.

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

"Warriena Wright was seeing and hearing things and claimed she would "jump off the balcony" about 40 minutes before plunging to her death, lawyers for Gable Tostee say."

It sounds as if Warriena's behaviour was psychotic if she was seeing and hearing (strange) things possibly due to the alcohol Tostee had been feeding her all night on an empty stomach.

I wonder if a Psychologist should have been employed to interpret the significance of this to help jurors to make the right verdict.

Tostee made reference to jumping off the balcony about three or four times during that night but I do not remember this being brought up in court. My take on this is that when one is drunk, you don't think logically or rationally. and the subconscious mind which is a literal mind takes over. The conscious mind is the censor and that function is missing when drunk.

Also, the jurors were told to only concentrate on the last 6 minutes of the audio tape. But psychologically, these has been a lead up with what he has been saying and doing and with what she has been saying and doing and things gradually got worse due to the alcohol. I think a Psychologist or Psychiatrist would have been able to explain this progression and what could have been going on in both of their minds. He/she could have explained the fear factor after the chokehold and why a girl would choose to escape over the balcony rather than waiting to calm down and eventually leave by the front door.

My question to a Psychiatrist would be was Warriena trying to escape life-threatening violence considering what led up to it such as the chokehold and her state of mind

She didn't. It is lies that were said by his first lawyer. His second lawyer changed the story.
Many of us have listened to the 199min recording. She wasn't hearing voices. She looked out the bedroom window at the view, Tostee said "don't jump will you". Things were going okay at that point.

I agree with Ausgirl's post at the top of the page 3, and here .... (BBM)

"...She appears to be seeing/hearing people who are talking to her..

His lawyers claim Ms Wright then armed herself with a heavy object and Mr Tostee managed to restrain and lock her out on the 14th-floor balcony in self-defence.

Anyone who's heard the tape will know these are blatant lies.

Yes, it just highlights how panicked, desperate and intimidated she must have felt, doesn't it?
imo

Yes it does. But it doesn't necessarily follow that those feelings were reasonable or rational feelings in the circumstances. if GT was on the balcony with a knife or a gun, then it would be entirely rational for her to feel she had no other option. But there is no evidence this happened.

This is just one of the issues the jury has to grapple with: was her fear, and her actions as a result of her fear, proportionate to the threat posed by GT once she was locked on the balcony.

People can speculate all they like on what was going on in the audio recording, but it is just speculation. Prosecution need to prove the case beyond reasonable doubt; ie, not on speculation about what might have occurred.

Can anyone recall at what point of the tape warriena said GT sounded like a fa**ot?

Also, the jurors were told to only concentrate on the last 6 minutes of the audio tape. But psychologically, these has been a lead up with what he has been saying and doing and with what she has been saying and doing and things gradually got worse due to the alcohol. I think a Psychologist or Psychiatrist would have been able to explain this progression and what could have been going on in both of their minds. He/she could have explained the fear factor after the chokehold and why a girl would choose to escape over the balcony rather than waiting to calm down and eventually leave by the front door.

BBM, I had not read this before. Who said it? GT? Because i wouldn't believe what he says necessarily. He would of been in CYA mode IMO. And Warriena wasn't around to give her version of events. How convenient for him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-final-struggle-plus-happened-afterwards.html

No where in the transcript .... that I can see does Rrie say she is going to jump of the balcony.

The thing is she shouldn't have needed a ladder - The building had a perfectly good lift if he had just given her her things and let her use it.

Perhaps that is why he didn't let her go, hey? I couldn't work out why he didn't, other than the fact that he asked her to stay the night despite the pebble-throwing. You would think he would just want to get rid of her (out the front door) if she was that much of a pain in the bum.
What you say makes a lot of sense.

Yes she had threatened to call the police earlier. IMO that is why he took her phone away. I wonder what he might have done to her earlier eg hurt her vagina and what that was about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties