Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if the poll is anything to go by, 25% believe he's not guilty. If the snapshot of WS is anything to go by (and I wouldn't by it as an ordinary sample of society) that's plenty enough to hang a jury up like a wet coat-hanger.

Just stop for a minute and put yourself in his shoes right now.

Talk about drama. I wonder how he is staying so composed.

It's really a knife edge. These 12 people have your life in your hands.

They could send you to jail for life. But all of a sudden, they start asking all these questions. Then they come back that they can't reach a verdict.

So many emotions. Imagine the nerves.

I would prefer to be concerned for Warriena's family and their nerves, and sorrow, personally.

No that has never been said, has it?

I was just reading through some of the pevious court appearances.

Warriena Wright was seeing and hearing things and claimed she would "jump off the balcony" about 40 minutes before plunging to her death, lawyers for Gable Tostee say.
The claims were contained within bail application documents made available to media last week, after being tendered by his lawyers in the Brisbane Supreme Court.

Mr Tostee is fighting a murder charge, with police claiming Ms Wright was trying to escape him after their Tinder date at his Surfers Paradise apartment went wrong.

Police believe they can prove murder because Ms Wright was allegedly in fear of her life, even though he was not on the balcony when she fell to her death early on August 8.

Police and Mr Tostee's lawyers are using an audio recording of the night's events - taken from Mr Tostee's phone - as part of their evidence in the cases.

According to an affidavit from defence lawyers, Mr Tostee asked Ms Wright to stop attacking him before their conversation calmed down.
"...She appears to be seeing/hearing people who are talking to her...the deceased says she wants to look out the window. [Mr Tostee] says 'Don't jump off, or anything'...The deceased says 'No, I'm good'," the affidavit said.

His lawyers claim Ms Wright then armed herself with a heavy object and Mr Tostee managed to restrain and lock her out on the 14th-floor balcony in self-defence.

However police argue that the decision to put Ms Wright outside was an act of deprivation of liberty, which led her to seek an escape route.

Mr Tostee's lawyers' transcript also contained an exchange recorded between Mr Tostee and his father Gray soon after Ms Wright's fall.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...th-gable-tostees-lawyers-20141203-11zeeg.html

Mr Tostee managed to restrain an lock her out on the balcony.

Seems not much has changed as far as the prosecutions case.
The defence...hmmm
imo

The public would not be told the results of pre-trial arguments. These are done before the jury is empaneled. The jury will only hear evidence that has been deemed admissible.

I think if the poll is anything to go by, 25% believe he's not guilty. If the snapshot of WS is anything to go by (and I wouldn't by it as an ordinary sample of society) that's plenty enough to hang a jury up like a wet coat-hanger.

They could send you to jail for life. But all of a sudden, they start asking all these questions. Then they come back that they can't reach a verdict.

It would be horrific. I have nightmares like that, that I'm accused of murder. I think I spend too much time reading sites like this :\

I don't get it. Why didn't she scream for help at the top of her lungs for 30 mins on the balcony? I spent 15 years living in high rises in surfers paradise and it's very densely populated. She would have the police arrive within minutes

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

No that has never been said, has it?

I think I misunderstood your post. I thought the above comment was in response to my comment about pre-trial arguments, which I have answered above. I think it was in response to my question about GT's version on the forum. Sorry about that.

Well no, they don't have his life in their hands. They may have the way his life plays out in their hands, but not his life as such.

It's not at all like the way he had a duty of care for Warriena's life in his hands.

I don't get it. Why didn't she scream for help at the top of her lungs for 30 mins on the balcony? I spent 15 years living in high rises in surfers paradise and it's very densely populated. She would have the police arrive within minutes

Yes why didn't she. Maybe the prosecution have a very valid point in a very complex case. She was so intimidated, desperate and panicked she felt forced to climb down.
Pleading with her accuser who was best placed to assist and prevent the tragic outcome.
Just let me go home.
imo

I would think it was because she was terrified and didn't want him to rush out and start choking her into silence again.

He had already said to her, immediately prior to locking her on the balcony: (BBM)

Male: ........................................................ Shut your filthy mouth.”

Female: “No, no, no, no, no. (screaming).”

Male: “It is all on recording you know. It is all being recorded. Female: “Just let me go home.” Male: “I would but you have been a bad girl.” Sound of door sliding shut.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...k=93ca66885e27eca209605bc238b2c20a-1476797489

Like he would have just stayed quietly inside there while her screaming brought the law down upon his head? I don't think so.

I can't presume to think what was going through her mind, but it has to be said she was firstly out of her mind on his home brewed moonshine, and secondly out of her mind at the way he'd terrorised her. I think probably all that was clear to her was that she couldn't get away from him fast enough.

Yes why didn't she. Maybe the prosecution have a very valid point in a very complex case. She was so intimidated, desperate and panicked she felt forced to climb down.
Pleading with her accuser who was best placed to assist and prevent the tragic outcome.
Just let me go home.
imo

He should have just let her go home.

That is the absolute bottom line here. That is where he erred. And now all these people are paying the price .... Warriena, her family, her friends, his family, himself.

"...She appears to be seeing/hearing people who are talking to her..

His lawyers claim Ms Wright then armed herself with a heavy object and Mr Tostee managed to restrain and lock her out on the 14th-floor balcony in self-defence.

Anyone who's heard the tape will know these are blatant lies.

That is the absolute bottom line here. That is where he erred. And now all these people are paying the price .... Warriena, her family, her friends, his family, himself.

BBM, Yes he should have and if he didn't then IMO he didn't want to diffuse the situation but wanted to escalate it.

"...She appears to be seeing/hearing people who are talking to her..

Anyone who's heard the tape will know these are blatant lies.

Took a while to hear about the black or silver telescope and the bracket on the floor between the dining and coffee tables. With the clamp on or clamp off. Didn't it?
The clamp that has Tostee's hair on it that Cash said he will leave to the jury to decide how it got there.
imo

I dunno. . Considering he hadn't threatened her with a lethal weapon and hadn't tried to tie her up after the chocking, trying to climb down a balcony at night seems to be the worst possible choice IMO

I have also been wondering why Warriena didn't scream out Fire or Help? The firefighters would of rescued her with their ladder. They say you get a better reaction if you scream out Fire instead of Help. But both would of been fine. I wonder if she never even had the chance to do that and GT helped her over the balcony to her fall?

I dunno. . Considering he hadn't threatened her with a lethal weapon and hadn't tried to tie her up after the chocking, trying to climb down a balcony at night seems to be the worst possible choice IMO

Yes, it just highlights how panicked, desperate and intimidated she must have felt, doesn't it?
imo

Took a while to hear about the black or silver telescope and the bracket on the floor between the dining and coffee tables. With the clamp on or clamp off. Didn't it?
The clamp that has Tostee's hair on it that Cash said he will leave to the jury to decide how it got there.
imo

BBM, But that would be mere speculation according to the Judge and the jury couldn't go there.

Do you think that would ever have happened after he had restrained and choked her? I find myself wondering what would have happened if she hadn't have gone over the balcony. He had already been in trouble with the police, how would an assault charge have gone down with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME