Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sep 2014 - #65

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My family member has custody of her son. The father and his family can only have supervised visits with the child at a play centre by a reputable and licensed organisation.

There are strict rules regarding drop off times and pick up times so as both families are not there at the same time and don't cross paths.

Never, ever would my family member be permitted to turn up and watch or interact in any way and she would have been told to leave if she did.

For some reason the supervisor in this situation allowed it to happen. If their case was before the court, both the Judge and court psychologist would have been concerned about FFC actions. Unfortunately it is too late now. JMO

Hopefully it isn't too late. I hope these troubling incidents are fully investigated.

I would hope that William's legacy would be one of reform for this clearly broken system.
Oh My o_O IMO

I think you mean FM not BM - if that is the case why would BM give differing testimony?

I would also say that I can't remember the BF ever saying he had met them either, but I'll check his testimony .

I profusely apologise for making a typing error.

In Candace Sutton's article in the Daily Mail, she reports that a Salvation Army person was a supervisor of William's access visits:

On one contact visit supervised by Ben Attwood from the Salvation Army, the birth and foster mother passed each other, but they never met.

The birth mother said in her police statement that she worried about William being 'a bit too skinny'.

William Tyrrell's birth mother (above) last saw her son on an access visit in August 2014 when she noticed he was 'more affectionate than usual' and cuddled her rather than racing around

William's birth father (above) last saw his son at the Chipmunks Playland at the Macquarie [shopping] Centre in North Sydney in August 2014

'I don't want to come across as if I'm blaming them or being mean, but it's just been really hard,' she said about losing William, who she still hoped would be returned to her care.

'Up until the beginning of the year William called me Mum. The last time I saw William he didn't really call me anything.

'The visit before he called me his "birth mum".'

The last time the birth mother and father saw William was on August 21, 2014 at the the Chipmunks Playland at the Macquarie Centre in North Sydney, from 10am until midday.

Mr Attwood had warned the birth mother before the visit that William had a black eye.

William Tyrrell: Inside privileged life of foster mother, why she hates Spiderman photo | Daily Mail Online

My friend is raising her two grandchildren both have ADHD due to drugs in utero. If the son has sweets he bounces off the walls for hours with tantrums for more.

My friend has no toxic traits when it comes to the care of her grandchildren. Just care and worry.

Sure, and I'd say it's a common issue in many situations, even just visiting extended family.

I'm not sure who did what in this case at all.

I can say, it's part and parcel of being a carer in the system that you smile and roll your eyes and deal with the behaviour patiently as per usual.

Also knowing food is very important in bonding and the bio parents have choices too.

I would feel like it could be an indication of being unreasonable like not understanding your role, or indications of poor character, if there was much fuss or force around things that are to be expected imo.

JMO

There were some quotes by the birth family that made clear that the FM watched and intervened with kinder surprises and lollipops during visits.

ETA quote

'So, we were just having a little picnic - out jumps the foster care mother… and starts giving the kids lollipops and Kinder Surprises,' she said.

'So she was just like watching what's going on. My son used to always say he was too scared to love his kids… he was too scared to love them for an hour of supervised visits.'

William Tyrrell search takes a grim turn as cops pump CREEK near home for remains | Daily Mail Online

Oh My o_O IMO

I think you mean FM not BM - if that is the case why would BM give differing testimony?

I would also say that I can't remember the BF ever saying he had met them either, but I'll check his testimony .

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

Mar 28
He is asked if he ever met William’s foster carers and says he had not. He is also asked if he knew where they lived or where any of their relatives lived. He said he did not.

upload_2021-11-29_12-59-4.png

Lia Harris

@LiaJHarris

Mar 28

The court heard William’s biological father attended some of the supervised contact visits in the months after he was removed.

@10Daily

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

Mar 28
He is asked if he ever met William’s foster carers and says he had not. He is also asked if he knew where they lived or where any of their relatives lived. He said he did not.

View attachment 324560

Lia Harris

@LiaJHarris

Mar 28

The court heard William’s biological father attended some of the supervised contact visits in the months after he was removed.

@10Daily

Right. He didn't meet them, but the BM was lurking and jumping out at supervised visits with lollies and chocolate as per the article quoted. Stalker vibes IMO

Sure, and I'd say it's a common issue in many situations, even just visiting extended family.

I'm not sure who did what in this case at all.

I can say, it's part and parcel of being a carer in the system that you smile and roll your eyes and deal with the behaviour patiently as per usual.

Also knowing food is very important in bonding and the bio parents have choices too.

I would feel like it could be an indication of being unreasonable like not understanding your role, or indications of poor character, if there was much fuss or force around things that are to be expected imo.

JMO

Brings back memories of my grandmother feeding my babies ridiculous sugary things. Annoying, but also recognising that she grew up starving, feeding is how she shows love.

Bio parents had little opportunity to contribute to L & T's life apart from give them a treat every now and then. I agree, most foster parents would bite their tongue and deal with it because the kids having positive interactions and memories with their family is more important than a sugar high.

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

Mar 28

View attachment 324560

Lia Harris

@LiaJHarris

Mar 28

@10Daily

IMO paternal Gran isn’t a reliable source because much of her claims in MSM contradicted testimony from Mum and Dad at the inquest. Didn’t she also say she’d had a phone call with Dad on the morning William disappeared, yet he said he did not speak to her? MOO.

I’d also be surprised if she was authorised to attend contact sessions tbh. JMO.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I don't consider the FMs testimony to be gospel truth.

I do think the BGM was very specific in her descriptor and it fits with other things I've read about the FM lurking at visits, so on the balance of probability, I'm going with the BGMs version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right. He didn't meet them, but the BM was lurking and jumping out at supervised visits with lollies and chocolate as per the article quoted. Stalker vibes IMO

You'd have to wonder why a foster parent, who has custody of a child for 99.999% of the time, would feel the need to offer the kid sweets while he was in the company of his bio parents during a very infrequent access visit.

If that's true, then it's just bizarre.

My family member has custody of her son. The father and his family can only have supervised visits with the child at a play centre by a reputable and licensed organisation.

There are strict rules regarding drop off times and pick up times so as both families are not there at the same time and don't cross paths.

Never, ever would my family member be permitted to turn up and watch or interact in any way and she would have been told to leave if she did.

For some reason the supervisor in this situation allowed it to happen. If their case was before the court, both the Judge and court psychologist would have been concerned about FFC actions. Unfortunately it is too late now. JMO

Yes it's unbelievable isn't it? One reason I don't believe everything I see and hear in the media, especially in certain tabloids from certain journalists.

Brings back memories of my grandmother feeding my babies ridiculous sugary things. Annoying, but also recognising that she grew up starving, feeding is how she shows love.

Oh yes. My maternal grandma used to give us kids spoonfuls of sugar -- no medicine, just the sugar. I credit at least half of my fillings to her. :)

IMO paternal Gran isn’t a reliable source because much of her claims in MSM contradicted testimony from Mum and Dad at the inquest. Didn’t she also say she’d had a phone call with Dad on the morning William disappeared, yet he said he did not speak to her? MOO.

I’d also be surprised if she was authorised to attend contact sessions tbh. JMO.
I agree with you. She has inserted herself in this story, but did not seem to do much for her own daughter or son (cant remember which).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member