Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sep 2014 - #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod Note:

There is a clear dynamic occurring in this thread the past week among posters that will not be tolerated. All Posters, whether they have been a member for many years, or recently joined with the movement of the case are welcome at Websleuths. We will not permit ganging up on or being disrespectful to others. The old vs new and vice versa is inappropriate and in no way serves in helping find William or what happened to him.

Post respectfully and stop the dirty deleting.

If you are here for William, stay focused on that, and not on your fellow Posters.

Thread is now open.

Tiff

The emotions one would experience depend on whether they're innocent or guilty. In the case of the fosters--particularly the FFC--we don't know. All we have are a lot of unanswered questions, inconsistencies, unsupported recollections, etc.

If we want an emotional account of someone who was accused and innocent of having anything to do with WT's disappearance, we only need to turn to Bill Spedding, Paul Savage, etc. I still haven't heard a plausible theory on here as to why they would be guilty of WT's disappearance.

His opinion also carries more weight than all of us.
The supreme court must of, to obtain the warrants.

William Tyrrell finds to help resume inquest

State Crime Command Director Detective Chief Superintendent Darren Bennett said the “coroner has been kept appraised of our progress” and Strike Force Rosann was “very happy with the items we’ve found in terms of their relevance to the investigation”.

so it seems like they are on the right path IMO

Exactly & Mr Craddock said the same thing in his opening statement at the inquest.

Must have been a reason, we don't know why. Children's courts are closed & for a good reason.

Yes I guess I'm speculating based on the general idea that the children should be reunified with their family. I find that now the presumed good character of the FPs is under question, the relevance is there. I wonder how much they were able to influence the department. They were initially only approved as short term carers. Link: William Tyrrell: Inside privileged life of foster mother, why she hates Spiderman photo | Daily Mail Online

The policy around Australia in general is fairly against adoption due to several royal commissions. Around 2014, NSW had 80 out of 89 adoptions from OOHC in the whole country. Ref Link: Child protection agencies must embrace adoption, researcher says

Many years before this, there were some changes that concerned some expert bodies in how easy it was to remove kids. Link: Child protection changes 'a dangerous move'
And on the complexities. Link: Child protection is complex: engage with care

Obviously in certain types of families in times of crisis it's necessary, but there are many reasons it's important to try to return them home, and support the reunification, and that's supposed to be what happens. Link that applied in 2014: https://www.sydney.edu.au/content/d...ies/A2-R2P-Forum-2018-Elizabeth-Fernandez.pdf
The presentation is about researching reunification. These are the current guidelines for staff. link: Reunification is more than returning a child home | Child Safety Practice Manual

I think it's relevant and pertinent to potential bad character and underlying issues to try to keep kids who could be reunified with their birth mother. I think someone mentioned it's part of the FF's role to report on behaviour around visits however, this could also be used to influence the department. There's a couple of other things too. In the context of a missing child, and now potential abuse of another child in their care, it all becomes relevant I think.

IMO, just speculating.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that the foster parents are/were present. I believe that FACS officers supervise those visits.
Yep the last visit on in Aug 2014 @ the Chipmunks play centre there were two case workers , BA & LK & a psychologist from Northern Sydney Child Protection Services.

The bio parents missed the June contact vist, so had a 2 hr visit this day.

Missing William Tyrrell : Caroline Overington Chapter 3, pages, 60 & 61

In relation to the on and off discussion about FFC interviews, conversation style and the level of detail provided....

I am listening to a very interesting podcast at the moment called The Curtain, about false convictions. There was a discussion on interview/interrogation and something stood out to me - Most people answer a question in 5 - 15 words. Smart people tend to use more words because by providing a high level of detail they can confuse you. Less educated/lower socio economic use less words, sometimes just yes or no. They're confused and just want the interview to be over.

Food for thought and highly recommend the podcast if you're looking for something to listen to. :)

With the world watching pretty early on if FM is involved she couldn’t of hidden the body that far. Unless she went back on her airport run Moo

Also if FD doesn’t know wire traps and phone hacking wouldn’t of brought any results as she wouldn’t be able to speak about it Moo

Back in September this year Caroline Overington sounded pessimistic about whether the phone tower records had been useful:

CO: "There was a mobile phone tower, which would have told police who was in town - because it's a really small town - but it was capturing data from the freeway that was nearby, so it's nearly impossible to download everything."
- transcribed by me from about 3:49 minutes in a video "New suspect in William Tyrrell case", The Kenny Report, in 'Something evil' happened to William Tyrrell, SkyNews.com.au, 07 Sep 2021

I'm hoping CO doesn't know what she's talking about, because to me it seems like a good thing that so many phones might have been captured and potentially identified. But maybe it was just not possible to isolate which ones were relevant?

IMO if the tower is taking on the passer bys on the freeway regardless of if it's 1 car or 1000, the data would be there. That's not how IT works, it doesn't just stop getting data because there's too many. I think LE would be able to work out which connections went on to another tower and which ones hung around longer

IMO if the tower is taking on the passer bys on the freeway regardless of if it's 1 car or 1000, the data would be there. That's not how IT works, it doesn't just stop getting data because there's too many. I think LE would be able to work out which connections went on to another tower and which ones hung around longer

Yes, couldn't they narrow down the focus to say phones that pinged off the tower multiple times, say over 10-20 mins as opposed to once or twice then off the next tower up the road and onwards?

The MFC says about online speculation, "and they don't know, they don't know the story behind the story."

So what IS the story behind the story? What really happened?

Does that not sound a bit suss? Like they are hiding something?

To me, it sounds as if he wished he could explain why William had become a foster child. Then perhaps the vitriol against the FF would stop. But he knows that he can't tell anybody due to Family Court laws.

imo

In a previous thread someone (I think @Blues Clues) suggested the "new" witness was the woman who appeared at the inquest on 06 Oct 2020. She lived in Herons Creek and had heard a child's scream in bushland near where FA lived when William went missing. I agree and think she was probably the person who had come forward (just a guess, though; MOO).
- Witness heard scream from bushland after William Tyrrell's disappearance, inquest told, Sydney Morning Herald, 06 Oct 2020

I do not agree with this. Whoever it is has sent them back to FFC's story and whereabouts that morning while driving her mother's car. JMO

I do not agree with this. Whoever it is has sent them back to FFC's story and whereabouts that morning while driving her mother's car. JMO

Who I was replying to (sorry can't remember and the post seems to have been removed) was confusing a past witness with the current search. I was clarifying that confusion for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy