Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sep 2014 - #65

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to understand the question at the core of the article, maybe someone who has followed the case more closely has thoughts.

Is the question did the FM contact someone prior to 10:30, the reported time he vanished, to alert on his vanishing? Couldn’t this be cleared up via the female that is claimed to have received the call at the tennis court?

OR

Is the question in relation to inconsistencies of the neighbor’s statements?
I can't work it out either. I am not sure what it is saying. Is he saying a policewoman was at the tennis club?

I am trying to understand the question at the core of the article, maybe someone who has followed the case more closely has thoughts.

Is the question did the FM contact someone prior to 10:30, the reported time he vanished, to alert on his vanishing? Couldn’t this be cleared up via the female that is claimed to have received the call at the tennis court?

OR

I took it as the timeline, as the article also talks about the proof of life photo time stamps

OR

I can't work it out either. I am not sure what it is saying.

OR

Wendy Hudson (the female) is a police officer.

"I can't think of anyone who would want to harm William," she said, noting local police officer Wendy Hudson first asked the question.
William Tyrrell's foster nan named neighbour in investigation

and

Richard Donoghue lived at 18 Benaroon Drive, back in 2014, with his wife Jenny.

We spoke of him a bit in thread #43 during the inquest.

His first statement on 25/9/2014 mentioned nothing at all about Wendy Hudson taking a call at the Tennis Club and his impression that it was about a missing child.
By 11/11/2015 - his 2nd statement - he had inserted into the story that Wendy Hudson took a call about the "Tyrrell disapperarance".
He cannot explain the differences in his statements.
(as per link provided)

imo

Last edited:

OR

I think they are trying to say that 'someone' contacted her earlier about a missing child. Now if the timeline is wrong it is possible that a neighbour helping to look thought that they might just give Wendy a call. I guess I might do the same living in a small town and knowing a local cop. I am just surprised this has never been mentioned before and was not in an original statement. And not apparently in any statement by Wendy Hudson either.

I think they are trying to say that 'someone' contacted her earlier about a missing child. Now if the timeline is wrong it is possible that a neighbour helping to look thought that they might just give Wendy a call. I guess I might do the same living in a small town and knowing a local cop. I am just surprised this has never been mentioned before and was not in an original statement. And not apparently in any statement by Wendy Hudson either.

Ahh thanks Wexford. Now I understand the inference. So they aren't implying the call came from FFM but perhaps a neighbour. Got it!

Did William Tyrrell disappear earlier than reported? Why video at a local tennis club on the day the toddler went missing could prove crucial to the case
  • Richard Donoghue was at Kendall Tennis Club before William Tyrrell vanished
  • A neighbour of William's foster grandmother, he was interviewed by police
  • He heard a policewoman there get a call he later thought was about a child
  • The call came just before CCTV captured him leaving the club around 9.43am
  • William's foster mother says the boy vanished from the house about 10.30am
  • She called Triple-0 to report William was missing at 10.57am
  • Child avdocate Allanna Smith wants police to look at the timeline
  • Ms Smith said witnesses need to recalled to the inquest
By CANDACE SUTTON FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA
PUBLISHED: 23:35 EST, 4 December 2021 | UPDATED: 02:15 EST, 5 December 2021

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211205-173330_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211205-173330_Chrome.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 77
Glad to see the thread open again. :)

I'm just looking at the piece of red fabric that has just been unearthed at the creek search site. Photo in this article:

New item found in William Tyrrell search

It looks too large to be the Spider-Man suit, doesn't it? Unless there was a Superman cape or something from a dress up box also at play (my own speculation).
I also don't see the black web lines, but of course they could have faded.

New item found in William Tyrrell search

I am just going to mention something about the tennis club CCTV (the CCTV that the DM article is speaking of).

I believe this is also the CCTV that FD was recorded on just before 9am that morning.

Yet it is said that FD left at 9:30am according to ping data.

Seems that the CCTV time was wrong. imo

I am sure the police worked that out, as this would be the CCTV that they used to determine every vehicle that entered and exited Kendall that day.

az.JPG
No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

Mobile phone records have shown that William’s foster father left his mother-in-law’s home in Kendall at 9.30am on Friday, September 12, 2014.
William Tyrrell’s grandmother has lost all hope of her grandson being found

Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 3

Ahh thanks Wexford. Now I understand the inference. So they aren't implying the call came from FFM but perhaps a neighbour. Got it!
I'm not sure what they are trying to infer. The details on this are very vague. It seems to me they are trying to infer that FFC did ring the police earlier but I am just tossing out the idea that perhaps if this call really occurred, it wasn't her at all and a neighbour helping with the search. Either way the timing is wrong somewhere.

I'm not sure what they are trying to infer. The details on this are very vague. It seems to me they are trying to infer that FFC did ring the police earlier but I am just tossing out the idea that perhaps if this call really occurred, it wasn't her at all and a neighbour helping with the search. Either way the timing is wrong somewhere.

As @Inplainsight posted above in the Westerner article, the Coroner released a statement from Constable Hudson stating she received a phone call at home from her sister Alison at 12.20pm, informing her that a child was missing. It doesn't align with Richard Donoghue's statement.

It seems to me that this isn't new information if it was discussed at the inquest? And in MSM stories way back then.

Perhaps the journalist has been asked to write something, anything, about the WT case and given there's nothing new, the journalist rehashed this old story?

Or the journalist knows something we don't and is trying to give us a clue?

As @Inplainsight posted above in the Westerner article, the Coroner released a statement from Constable Hudson stating she received a phone call at home from her sister Alison at 12.20pm, informing her that a child was missing. It doesn't align with Richard Donoghue's statement.

The Coroner released a redacted statement by Senior Constable Wendy Hudson from October 2014.

The part that was redacted could have included information on earlier than 12:20pm that day calls, messages or conversations from/with someone(s) to Constable Hudson about a child that was missing.

Why automatically assume that the claimed 12:20pm call was the first time that Constable Hudson had heard anything about a missing child in Kendall that day?

Missing child William Tyrrell captured on camera day before disappearance
''On Tuesday, Ms Grahame also released a redacted statement by Senior Constable Wendy Hudson from October 2014, which details her involvement in the search operation.''

Seems that the CCTV time was wrong. imo

Not unusual in my experience for a CCTV system's time clock to be wrong, especially as regards DST and for no one to notice or bother (or know how) to fix it.

I have seen CCTV systems lose time during extended blackout periods when they are not backed up by a battery, and even if they are the battery run time is limited to maybe a few hours depending on the size of the system. (My 7 camera system can run for only about 3 hours on battery alone.)

In 2014 DST officially began on 5 October, which is some 3 weeks after William was reported missing, so I guess that rules out DST, but the system time could still have been wrong for various reasons.

I can't imagine police not taking any such discrepancy into account.

Past dates of daylight saving in NSW

Last edited:
Not unusual in my experience for CCTV systems time clock to be wrong, especially as regards DST and for no one to notice or bother (or know how) to fix it.

I have seen CCTV systems lose time during extended blackout periods when they are not backed up by a battery, and even if they are the battery run time is limited to maybe a few hours depending on the size of the system. (My 7 camera system can run for only about 3 hours on battery alone.)

In 2014 DST officially began on 5 October, which is some 3 weeks after William was reported missing, so I guess that rules out DST, but the system time could still have been wrong for various reasons.
The Daily Mail article we are discussing about the Kendall Tennis Club CCTV reports that Police said that the CCTV was set nine minutes early.
(see the text under the attached picture)

William Tyrrell: Police find new item of interest buried in muddy creek bed as search continues | Daily Mail Online
'Richard Donoghue's BMW was still at the tennis club at 9.42am, which police say is the real time and the CCTV was set nine minutes early'

'Mr Donoghue said ... Detective Senior Constable Roberts has told me that the camera time is incorrect and is 9 minutes slow,' his statement says.

Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 5.01.13 pm.png

The red fabric is very similar to the shirt the FFC was wearing in CCTV footage at Mcdonalds the night prior to William's disappearance.

https://www.news.com.au/national/cr...s/news-story/cf63685dc17b1821be129ba53766d25f

f7265fa8c9b30ec29d4e92332c6f2c88

William Tyrrell’s final Macca’s trip

IMO this is a case of false memory recollection. There's nothing to suggest that it actually happened. I'm quite accepting of the 9:37 AM time-stamp on the final photo (modified from the Bali to Sydney time), and this story more or less runs counterintuitive to it. Occam's Razor.

If this actually happened, then it complicates the time-stamp situation, as well as FFC's reporting of how long WT was missing. Whilst I believe he was gone longer than 15-20 minutes which the FFC later agrees with (as well as the police believe), I don't think he was gone for an hour or more in addition to someone contacting the officer (like FGM) before FFC calls 000 AND the camera mis-recording the actual time-stamp of WT's final photo. Maybe two of those things can be true, but not three. As it is, I think WT was missing for longer than the initially reported 15-20 minutes, based on a variety of accounts from FFC (which change depending on the interview referenced), some which go into great detail in regards to activity pre-000 call (exceeding 15-20 minutes). And this article does nothing to impact that, though it suggests it.

The simplest explanation is always likelier to be the correct one. The simplest explanation in this case is that the gentleman at the tennis club is mistaken. JMO.

I can't comment on the other article, as I'm a non-subscriber.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member