Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And nine minutes doesn't really translate to after 9:30am no matter how far you stretch it.
If this is the alleged lie, the police/crime commission have a problem, because the foster family have been consistent saying he left just before 9:00, whereas police evidence is of two mutually incompatible times.

If it's the Kendall Tennis Club, which I assume it is, then Google Maps currently says 3 mins. Slightly more perhaps at that time on a weekday, but not much. So let's say a range of 3-10 minutes just to allow for anything unexpected.
Someone will remember, but I think maybe the tennis club has moved since 2014.

If this is the alleged lie, the police/crime commission have a problem, because the foster family have been consistent saying he left just before 9:00, whereas police evidence is of two mutually incompatible times.
Do you mind explaining what you mean by "the police/crime commission have a problem"?

I don't see the problem for them per se. Their argument would be, as SleepyJoe and Couldbe have pointed out, that either it is indicative of him leaving the house twice or indicative of someone else leaving the house as well, which nobody in the foster family has said happened.

This information could have been a starting point for them. They may have then uncovered something else via the searches or seizing the car or even talking to a witness that lends support to a particular theory. Alternatively a new witness may have come forward that resulted in them looking at the mobile phone records and discovering this information, which corroborates the witness's story.

Speaking of the Crime Commission, if as is suggested/asserted by some in the media that it is assisting police with the Tyrrell case, then I have to wonder who else, apart from the FPs, may have been called to appear before it.

Someone will remember, but I think maybe the tennis club has moved since 2014.
You are correct that they moved. It says that the new facility is on Oraca St, which is the one I looked at, and the old facility is just over the railway line to the right. I am a bit confused, though, because on the map the street over the railway line is a dead end street and certainly not one that he would have driven past going from Benaroon Drive to Lakewood. In fact, he would have driven directly past the Oraca St premises so it makes sense that that's the reference. If I move the pin to the end of Railway St (the dead end street just on the other side of the railway line), it adds about 1 min to the journey, so negligible.

ETA: Based on SouthAussie's comment, it adds about a minute - 90 seconds if you use the old location of the tennis club.

There has been said to be a systematic error affecting the tennis club camera. If so perhaps the tennis club footage is consistent with the MFC's declared leaving time at around 9:00.

The time on the CCTV at the tennis club was set 9 minutes earlier then the actual time. So if FFs car was on the CCTV at 8.45 (for example) it was actually 8.54.

"Richard Donoghue's BMW was still at the tennis club at 9.42am, which police say is the real time and the CCTV was set nine minutes early"

Did William Tyrrell disappear earlier than reported? Why CCTV could prove crucial | Daily Mail Online

Speaking of the Crime Commission, if as is suggested/asserted by some in the media that it is assisting police with the Tyrrell case, then I have to wonder who else, apart from the FPs, may have been called to appear before it.
I think the NSW Crime Commission was used to deliberately catch them out in relation to their evidence in the William Tyrrell matter so I don't think any other witnesses needed to be called to it.

ETA: What I mean by this is that the police had collected evidence they had lied in their statements but rather than give them an opportunity to amend their statements, they wanted to put them under oath at the NSW Crime Commission so if they lied it was a chance to charge them. It would not be typical for the NSW Crime Commission to be involved in missing persons/criminal police investigation regarding the public, no matter how big.

Last edited:
MFC actually pitched his time for when he left to drive to Lakewood very close to the middle of the two 'recorded times' of his movements.

JMO in posing some questions:-

With evidence of the CCTV time of 8.40am ... would they have seen who was driving the vehicle?

Did that vehicle return to the house before 9.30am?

MFC would have known of the two recorded times before the Inquiry (Jubelin source/Media).

So why did he tell the Inquiry he left 'about 9am' ?

I am unaware of any further questioning during the Inquiry about these two times.
Ah! So with regards to the false or misleading charges, FF's lawyer has given the impression she intends to pick apart the statement and any recordings, based on the time she wanted for the hearing and arguments she gave for that, which suggests to me that this is a case where he has some wiggle room on interpretation.

"About 9am" would fit perfectly with that if this relates to the discrepancies in times he was seen. Sure he wasn't accurate, but was he so inaccurate as to be false & misleading? (I don't for a second think it's literally one statement or as simplistic as this; I'm just outlining the general concept.)

You are correct that they moved. It says that the new facility is on Oraca St, which is the one I looked at, and the old facility is just over the railway line to the right. I am a bit confused, though, because on the map the street over the railway line is a dead end street and certainly not one that he would have driven past going from Benaroon Drive to Lakewood. In fact, he would have driven directly past the Oraca St premises so it makes sense that that's the reference. If I move the pin to the end of Railway St (the dead end street just on the other side of the railway line), it adds about 1 min to the journey, so negligible.

ETA: Based on SouthAussie's comment, it adds about a minute - 90 seconds if you use the old location of the tennis club.
It seems to have been where the three sides are bordered by Graham Street, the railway line and the river.

The original Kendall Tennis Club is situated just over the railway line to your right, as you enter the town area and is still used on a weekly basis. This facility currently has three synthetic grass courts with clubhouse. The club has a new facility being built in Orara Street.
Kendall TC

It seems to have been where the three sides are bordered by Graham Street, the railway line and the river.

The original Kendall Tennis Club is situated just over the railway line to your right, as you enter the town area and is still used on a weekly basis. This facility currently has three synthetic grass courts with clubhouse. The club has a new facility being built in Orara Street.
Kendall TC
That's what I read and where I dropped the pin. It adds about a minute - 90 seconds to the journey coming from Benaroon drive. So 4-10 minutes is still a good estimate for the drive on that day.

fmfc may have had several cell phones for his business etc, maybe that was one of the alleged lies? and i did read in an msm article somewhere he is described as a computer /electronics "wizz" but cant remember where, so moo

So this isn't necessarily what I think happened, but everyone keeps bringing up an hour isn't long to hide an accident in a panic. But IMO an hour is plenty long to pull off a pre planned non accidental event.

I tend to agree, when following the theory of the FFC being a POI. Too difficult to cover up a death/accident within a short time fame and not have tripped up in 7+ years. It would indicate to me rather an inside planned abduction. But what is the motive? I think it was the member FromGermany that offered the idea, maybe the FP's bit off more than they could chew, taking on 2 FC's and there was too much to risk in handing WT back to be able to hold onto his sister... maybe a lot of misguided thinking about the future. Maybe he was handed on to other people who wanted a child. Maybe he wasn't in his spiderman suit when he went missing. Maybe he didn't go missing from Benaroon Dr. but more around Lakewood, sometime before the MFC's skype meeting. Apparently there is no indication WT is dead. MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the NSW Crime Commission was used to deliberately catch them out in relation to their evidence in the William Tyrrell matter so I don't think any other witnesses needed to be called to it.

I am at a loss to know why police would need to use the CC in that fashion. Ordinarily, they would put it to the POI that they are lying and that they (the police) can prove it -- assuming of course that they can.

That sort of thing happens daily within police work and I can't see the busy CC agreeing to play that role in such circumstances.

That's what I read and where I dropped the pin. It adds about a minute - 90 seconds to the journey coming from Benaroon drive. So 4-10 minutes is still a good estimate for the drive on that day.
Yes, very close, now that I locate it.

I am at a loss to know why police would need to use the CC in that fashion. Ordinarily, they would put it to the POI that they are lying and that they (the police) can prove it -- assuming of course that they can.

That sort of thing happens daily within police work and I can't see the busy CC agreeing to play that role in such circumstances.

What if WT's disappearance was couched in terms such as those responsible have commited an act of terror upon the public and upon govt. departments? Or if there was a skerick of evidence that WT's disappearance may have brought economic gain to this couple. Would that be considered organised crime?

Did the FF

It's very hard to charge someone for saying something incorrect in just a statement, because people can amend their statements. Exactly as you said - they would put it to someone that they are lying, and run through the contradictory evidence with them - giving them the chance to change their story based on it. Even if the person stood fast, before the matter the statement is about actually gets to court, a charge is almost out of the question. Same with an open coronial matter: they'd have to call the witness first.

Giving evidence in the NSW Crime Commission carries greater obligations under oath, so if a person persists with the same apparent lie that it's in their statement it is easier to bring the charge. And they don't have to put alternative evidence to you, is my understanding.

I was ferreting around for some more information on this conflicting CCTV and mobile phone records situation and I came across something I had no read before. The FF's police statement was not taken until a week after William's disappearance, which was criticised at the inquest.

William Tyrrell inquest: Foster mum told 'different stories'

JMO: Inquiry asks e.g.:-
MFC - were you in that vehicle (their 4WD) that was seen om tennis courts CCTV at 8.40am?
Answer: NO
FFC - were you in that vehicle (their 4WD) that was seen on tennis courts CCTV at 8.40am?
Answer: NO

Conclusion: Both are lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members