Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Wm suddenly disappeared, wouldn't the female caregiver quickly fear he'd been taken again, as part of the ongoing custody drama? Wouldn't that have come before driving around looking? (And also protect the foster daughter at all cost in case she was at risk of the same?) Wouldn't it have made sense to call LE straightaway and explain it'd happened before and possibliy it happened again?

Unless she knew that didn't happen.

JMO

Last edited:
Regarding the bios, if they were to take William, where would they put and keep him?

IIRC, the BF and BM were no longer together (and IIRC he was either in jail or living on the streets) and IMO the BM would have been under very close scrutiny by both police and FACS, and the BGM would have been under scrutiny, too.
Also, if they were going to take William, why not take the sister as well? As ludicrous as it sounds to me that the bios either stalked and followed the fosters to Kendall, or they had someone else stalk the fosters to Kendall. At a time when the fosters weren’t even supposed to be in Kendall. I can’t fathom they’d only take William. And if they did, where on earth is he now and why has no one seen him In the proceeding years?

edit to add the biological parents hiding William from FACS for 5-6 weeks by all accounts seemed unplanned without much forward or future thinking. That seems at great odds to what iiiii’s described as a movie style kidnapping If the bios where involved. Which imo would take a vast amount of planning Imo.

Last edited:
Also, if they were going to take William, why not take the sister as well? As ludicrous as it sounds to me that the bios either stalked and followed the fosters to Kendall, or they had someone else stalk the fosters to Kendall. At a time when the fosters weren’t even supposed to be in Kendall. I can’t fathom they’d only take William. And if they did, where on earth is he now and why has no one seen him In the proceeding years?

edit to add the biological parents hiding William from FACS for 5-6 weeks by all accounts seemed unplanned without much forward or future thinking. That seems at great odds to what iiiii’s described as a movie style kidnapping If the bios where involved. Which imo would take a vast amount of planning Imo.

IIRC, police ruled out the fosters having been followed by anyone.

Also, the FM risked jail and losing her other two children had she been involved in a plot to take William. I don't believe she would have taken such a risk.

I can understand that statistically, foster children are at higher risk of abduction and initially this was a valid concern by the FPs and the police when WT went missing. Since they are not named as POI's I think the conversation should not go beyond that into theories. When/if they are, I'd be happy to explore scenarios and theories around them. MOO

And this part: is where the drive may have occurred ….????

Detective Partridge asks the grandmother what happened next and is told that 'between four and five minutes' later her daughter disappeared after William.

After remaining seated 'for some time, then I didn’t hear from her, I got up and followed them down.'

Leading the detective around the side of the house she said, 'I walked all the way down here wondering what’s going on' and agreed she still couldn't see her daughter and so 'I went all the way down to the road.

It was a while before FM went to check on William, (FGM states 4-5mins - could easily have been longer??????)

Strange that FGM could not hear her daughter calling out for him …..

And even longer that FGM remained seated on the back patio …. As the FF walkthrough states FGM was still sat there….

IMO there could easily be a fifteen minute time period there …. When the drive occurred before FF arrived back at 48 Benaroon….

Oops forgot the link
And where was WT's sister during all this?

If Wm suddenly disappeared, wouldn't the female caregiver quickly fear he'd been taken again, as part of the ongoing custody drama? Wouldn't that have come before driving around looking? (And also protect the foster daughter at all cost in case she was at risk of the same?) Wouldn't it have made sense to call LE straightaway and explain it'd happened before and possibliy it happened again?

Unless she knew that didn't happen.

JMO

I think they called the police very quickly. I think we gauged it before? About the same time - less than an hour - in which CS' parents called the police after looking around for CS first.

I sometimes wonder what people think they would do if their 3 year old went missing.
Call the police right away, when their child might have done a first and be in someone's back yard 3 houses away?
Search for 3 hours then call the police?
When is the precise time a person should call the police, when their 3 year old goes missing?

I would think that most parents would have similar fears ... "why can't I find him? did someone take him?"

I am just not seeing the 'abnormal' that others seem to be seeing. Even the short drive is something I would likely do ... and have done for my wayward dog.

Even the short drive is something I would likely do ... and have done for my wayward dog.
I agree, a short drive to look for a missing child is normal, however it is the suggestion of something sinister occurring on the said “drive” that has caused further investigation by the Police, and that needs to be ruled in or ruled out by Police……

Some media have suggested that drive was to dispose of something small, like William‘s shoes, or a phone….

NSW Police officers believe an object may have been thrown from the vehicle as it was driven along Batar Road at Kendall. That area is the middle of a massive forensic police search.

But that still doesn’t explain what has actually happened to William, or the circumstance of him disappearing?

Several contradictions reportedly set alarm bells ringing for the new investigation team when Detective Chief Inspector David Laidlaw took charge of the case.

Police hope revisiting the crucial first few minutes of the boy's disappearance could reveal crucial evidence that's been hiding in plain sight for seven years.

1000 Apologies everyone - Thanks South Aussie for clearing up where all those posts I found came from. Thread 39

So sorry I think - I got excited and have quoted posts without linking to threads - have read Sillybilly's instructions on how to add link properly.

I was re reading the actual conversations from the hearings - to try and tie in with later newspaper articles and podcasts. I really didn't get any clearer picture. MOO

I want to thank everyone who has been contributing to these threads over the years - the different perspectives and ideas and how the same sentence can have so many interpretations - its been very eye opening.

And where was WT's sister during all this?
Still on the back patio with colouring-in, initially with FGM .
As per Wendy Hudson

Page 28, Chapter 2, Missing William Tyrrell, Caroline Overington.

As far as we know this is correct as there is not much info on William’s sister.

I think they called the police very quickly. I think we gauged it before? About the same time - less than an hour - in which CS' parents called the police after looking around for CS first.

I sometimes wonder what people think they would do if their 3 year old went missing.
Call the police right away, when their child might have done a first and be in someone's back yard 3 houses away?
Search for 3 hours then call the police?
When is the precise time a person should call the police, when their 3 year old goes missing?

I would think that most parents would have similar fears ... "why can't I find him? did someone take him?"

I am just not seeing the 'abnormal' that others seem to be seeing. Even the short drive is something I would likely do ... and have done for my wayward dog.
I agree, I think they called the police relatively early.
i wouldn’t have called until I was positive he was nowhere around.
When we lose our children, I’m sure we all have different fears, depending on the circumstances, I lost my daughter in the city many years ago, it was a Saturday morning and all the shops closed at midday, my greatest fear was that she would be locked in a dept store for the weekend.
Never though of an abduction.

Scenario to address IF they were going to take William, why not take the sister as well?:

Say the biological family came to know the location the children sometimes visited, and at least on this occasion knew the dates they were expected to be there. Then somebody in the family who hadn't seen them for a while and perhaps was going to be in the central coast region anyway, thought they'd drive by and have a look at the place, maybe see the children. Kind of a lark. Then seeing William something irritated this person, eg 'not that Spiderman suit again', 'he needs a good meal', 'how dare she speak to him like that'--something prompted just an impulse to grab him, with no intention to keep him permanently. Send him back in half an hour in different clothes and let them always wonder. But having taken him, both the thinking and the situation changed. Maybe he was hidden in a harsh environment for a relatively short time and didn't survive that.

I think le has learned a lot they didn’t know from the very beginning. I think they’ve been on the right track the past year or so. Imo I think both the ffc and mfc are key to finding out what really happened. Imo I think both are hiding from the truth. Regardless of the lies, evidence will prove differently. The things we now know are things we didn’t before. And this in itself gives me hope that I never had. I’m hopeful William will get the justice he so well deserves. It’s been long enough. He deserves peace. Imo moo

Post #1191

• Both kids known by the name Tyrrell
  • The visit to Kendall was very last minute & depended on wether they could get boarding for their cats, which they got in just in time.
  • Had obtained " bulk approval" for travel at times to Kendall as they were travelling frequently when FGF was ill & was easier
  • FGF funeral 14/2/2014
  • FFC was friendly with ? Miller's from # 52
  • Had meet Paul Savage & his wife# 43
  • ? crabs # 51
  • FFC had not meet Anne Maree Sharpley before the day WT vanished
  • Called FGM on way instead of surprising her
  • Spoke about broken washing machine on the the thurs night they arrived
  • Arrived in Kendall about 9m
  • FFC said she remembered the two parked cars on the way back from driving to Port Macquarie airport after picking up a relative & ran straight to the command post to tell the cops. Had FGM & william's sister with her.
(Purpled by me) I've found a lot of links that confirm that there was bulk approval--FFC said so at the inquest--and damned if I can find one that says otherwise. And yet I've got a feeling I read somewhere recently that it was a misconception; that every visit required individual permission. I understand that the foster parents got bulk approval, or thought they got bulk approval, for visits to FGM's around the time of FGF's death because they were making so many. But by the time of William's disappearance, visits were infrequent. Perhaps there once was bulk approval with an expiration date and that had passed? Or, that bulk approval doesn't mean, as we assumed, that the supervising organization didn't require prior notice of each separate visit.

Anyway I've been wondering again about the possible involvement of a Salvation Army worker--I suppose in the light of certain kinds of organizations sometimes attracting and even harbouring paedophiles as employees.

I agree, a short drive to look for a missing child is normal, however it is the suggestion of something sinister occurring on the said “drive” that has caused further investigation by the Police, and that needs to be ruled in or ruled out by Police……

Some media have suggested that drive was to dispose of something small, like William‘s shoes, or a phone….

NSW Police officers believe an object may have been thrown from the vehicle as it was driven along Batar Road at Kendall. That area is the middle of a massive forensic police search.

I find it interesting that in Sept 2014, the DM printed the same thing about something being thrown from a vehicle.

It is not an untrue statement.

SMH also said they were looking for an object that may have been thrown from a car, in September 2014.

Just thinking about this ^^^ thrown item a little more .... the police were searching the creek side of Batar Creek Road, weren't they? In the Nov 2021 search.

If the driver was driving south on Batar Creek Rd - away from FGM's house - they would have had to do a curve throw over the roof, or throw (whatever) through the passenger window.

If the driver was driving north on Batar Creek Rd - toward FGM's house - they would have thrown (whatever) across the road and into the bush.

I wonder how far anything could be thrown like that.
And why it hadn't been found already.

Just thinking about this ^^^ thrown item a little more .... the police were searching the creek side of Batar Creek Road, weren't they? In the Nov 2021 search.

If the driver was driving south on Batar Creek Rd - away from FGM's house - they would have had to do a curve throw over the roof, or throw (whatever) through the passenger window.

If the driver was driving north on Batar Creek Rd - toward FGM's house - they would have thrown (whatever) across the road and into the bush.

I wonder how far anything could be thrown like that.
And why it hadn't been found already.
Police said they were looking for William's remains. The geomorphologist helping police said there would possibly be bones not yet broken down, but the best chance was with the polyester suit. https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...s/news-story/b91cb606360c0f0d038a4c78862376da

I can't find a map of the locations. I remember one map with dots on both sides of Batar Creek Road, but I don't know if that was the November 2021 search or an ealier one; besides it might have been speculation.

Police said they were looking for William's remains. The geomorphologist helping police said there would possibly be bones not yet broken down, but the best chance was with the polyester suit. https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...s/news-story/b91cb606360c0f0d038a4c78862376da

I can't find a map of the locations. I remember one map with dots on both sides of Batar Creek Road, but I don't know if that was the November 2021 search or an ealier one; besides it might have been speculation.

So, the DM announced on 17th November that the police were looking for a thrown item. (No remains mentioned.)

Then on 9th December (your news.com link) it is said the police were looking for remains.

Maybe the DM didn't know what the police were looking for on 17/11 and took a guess, based on very old information?
Except the next day the DM published about police looking for remains. (I found a link).

It is confusing how this thrown item comes into the 2021 search (if it does), when it was announced in 2014.

Last edited:

Just a thought, in the FFC‘s police walkthrough she mentions the mysterious truck driver who saw her. And she says he believed she pulled over for him cos he gave her a wave if my memory serves me correctly. She also said she was pulled over with her head out the window looking for William. Then she says she drives on slowly to the riding school.

Is this where the search was done I regards to something Possibly being tossed from the car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member