Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #72

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that most of the "heat" has been placed on the FFC by the Police but I watched this interview with the MFC again today and many things just do not seem normal to me.

Some have commented that MFC comes across in a similar way to how Gerard Baden Clay did in interviews?

I guess Police did tell us in November, that the case was going to be very slow going …

DCI Bennet said he believes the search will “take us a degree towards finding out what happened to William”.

I’m not anticipating a swift end to the investigation by any means,”

If that entire search, known now as the Big Dig, was only to find, or prove a “degree” of information, I guess there is still a very long way to go, in solving the case … IMO

Paraphrased from

Karen Webb, new into the top job at the time, also stated that the NSW Police were not going to give up on William. She stated she had confidence in the current team, and that they would just “keep pursuing this until we get a result”.

Paraphrased from

Another interesting point I only noticed today, in The Australian article written by Caroline Overington in November 2021, was that she referred to William’s Case as a “Homicide Investigation“ …
Of course, we don’t know her source for that information ….???? Nor if it is entirely accurate??? But an interesting thought to ponder, nevertheless…

Overington states in the following article, It’s not yet clear why police have decided to turn the case into a homicide investigation, rather than a child who was, abducted.

To me, those words are pretty “Big Call“, when, as yet, there appears to be no evidence of William, or anything else for that matter, that we know about …
IMO

Last edited:
I know that most of the "heat" has been placed on the FFC by the Police but I watched this interview with the MFC again today and many things just do not seem normal to me.

Some have commented that MFC comes across in a similar way to how Gerard Baden Clay did in interviews?
I hadn't read about the commenting on similarities between the two men .... would you be able to provide some of what has been quoted please Detective Willy?

JMO - Some of my observations about MFC's performance in his walkthrough include:-
. He takes the opportunity to 'promote' his 'credibility' ....e.g. Scouts, etc;
. His sneezing apology;
. How weak he appeared during his sneeze .. that it caused him to almost fall over;
. His 'double talk' .... repeating for effect.

Very different from GBC, to my perception. I read him as non-neurotypical with anxiety, and very genuine--just telling the story, not thinking about how he's self-presenting.

(snipped for focus)

I personally think Police are now looking at an earlier time frame and asking people to come forward if saw any thing that may be relevant …

IMO

I haven't seen anything to indicate that may be what the police are doing. <modsnip>

Granted, we don't know the exact sighting times by the various individuals.
Although the couple who saw the white ute hit the road sign gave an approximate sighting time.
And the person watching the police was noticed while police were inspecting the blood find, so the police would know approximately when that was, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was, after all, IMO …

What makes me think that, is that it has been reported many times by various media outlets that “the drive“ was prior to FF returning home …

Couple that with the reports that possibly William was placed in the bush at Batar Creek Road, the seizing of FGM Car and the reports that Police are looking for William’s DNA in it … in my mind, it is possible that William MAY have been disposed of before FF arrived home and before the alarm was raised that William was missing ….

FM did admit that she drove down to Batar Creek Road as far the Riding School and also testified to this at the inquest … it has also been reported that she was she was seen driving there, and the Police launched a massive search of that area in November….

That is the analytical side of me wondering….. does all of this add up to the possibility that Police are looking at the time frame before 10:30am?

None of us, including Police, know the answer, and I would suggest it never hurts to look at all possibilities … the timeline being one of those …

IMO MOO
I was reading some of the early reports posted in the Media & Maps thread. Within the first week, police asked for anybody who had seen anything suspicious on Friday--no time specified--to come forward. I don't really think anyone would have not mentioned something because it wasn't at 10:30 on the dot. If it was highly specific, say William himself or a spiderman suit, they would have reported it anyway. If it wasn't so specific, yet somehow suspicious, but earlier than 10:30, they would have reported it because it could have been part of the preparation.

By the following Friday (19th) the focus of the search had shifted down Batar Creek Road 'predominantly in that wider area around the Middle Brother Mountain'. So even back then they had a special interest in the same area as the most recent search.

It was, after all, IMO …

What makes me think that, is that it has been reported many times by various media outlets that “the drive“ was prior to FF returning home …

Couple that with the reports that possibly William was placed in the bush at Batar Creek Road, the seizing of FGM Car and the reports that Police are looking for William’s DNA in it … in my mind, it is possible that William MAY have been disposed of before FF arrived home and before the alarm was raised that William was missing ….

FM did admit that she drove down to Batar Creek Road as far the Riding School and also testified to this at the inquest … it has also been reported that she was she was seen driving there, and the Police launched a massive search of that area in November….

That is the analytical side of me wondering….. does all of this add up to the possibility that Police are looking at the time frame before 10:30am?

None of us, including Police, know the answer, and I would suggest it never hurts to look at all possibilities … the timeline being one of those …

IMO MOO

Yes, I was asking how you formed your opinion.

I agree that FM took her drive before FD got home. I have always thought that. Going by the flow of the timelines.

I think the police have always looked at earlier times though (for vehicles and movement). That hasn't been ignored. There are a couple of known instances I can think of, as examples.

We know they looked at the tennis club CCTV at earlier times, because they discovered the 9 min discrepancy with the time and saw that Richard Donoghue left there earlier than he thought (at 9:43am).

And in Jubes' book he explains how they followed postie around on her route (via CCTV) and were able to verify her movements, and we know she delivered to Benaroon Drive earlier than usual. (ref: I Catch Killers, Kindle Book, chapter White Spider)

imo

Theory about Batar Creek Road being an area of interest ….

In September 2021, Laidlaw has said that further information has since come to light, as part of our ongoing review of the materials gathered by investigators since the moment William went missing seven years ago,

He said the focus has been identifying if anything has been missed, or if there are any details – no matter how small – that need to be clarified.

Paraphrased from:
SEPTEMBER 12, 2021

Back in September 2014, Fehon said, "Today we are also canvassing people driving along the Batar Creek Road, who may have been coming along that route last Friday," he said.

"We're just seeing if they saw anything, if they saw any vehicle or person, suspicious or not suspicious."

Fri 19 Sep 2014, 9:56pm

Have Police found something in the William’s Case File from that “canvass of Batar Creek Road”, some small detail that had been missed previously ???

Something has to have triggered the Batar Creek search, ordered by the Coroner…. Just trying to think of possibilities from what we know of the case…

IMO

By the following Friday (19th) the focus of the search had shifted down Batar Creek Road 'predominantly in that wider area around the Middle Brother Mountain'. So even back then they had a special interest in the same area as the most recent search.
Yes I agree, you must have missed my above post about Batar Creek Road…

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>
Is there an approximate time given in the book about the time the postie would have delivered mail to Benaroon Dr?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I agree, you must have missed my above post about Batar Creek Road…
Yes, I was skimming, and not really replying, more jumping off and it turns out you were already there. I wondered if it was FFC's somewhat delayed revelation of her drive that had them down there in the first place, or if someone reported seeing her and she had to be asked before she revealed it. Or are the searches unrelated.

Yes, I was skimming, and not really replying, more jumping off and it turns out you were already there. I wondered if it was FFC's somewhat delayed revelation of her drive that had them down there in the first place, or if someone reported seeing her and she had to be asked before she revealed it. Or are the searches unrelated.
It would definitely be interesting to know the answers to those excellent questions JLZ….

Is there an approximate time given in the book about the time the postie would have delivered mail to Benaroon Dr?

It says:

"We bring the postwoman in for an interview in April 2017. She tells us her mail run to the street that day was unusually early, at around 8:45am, so she would have been long gone before William disappeared."

"Although there's no CCTV on Benaroon Drive, we can follow her movements around Kendall on different cameras and see nothing to contradict her version of events."

"She said he {PS} is erratic. He kept approaching her, making her feel uncomfortable. And, around the time William went missing, Paul was often outside, or watching the street, waiting for her arrival."

(I just want to add, Jubes also says "We've got nothing to suggest Paul's involvement with William, but he could be our best eyewitness, I think."

(ref: I Catch Killers, Kindle Book, chapter White Spider)

Last edited:
"She said he {PS} is erratic. He kept approaching her, making her feel uncomfortable. And, around the time William went missing, Paul was often outside, or watching the street, waiting for her arrival."

(I just want to add, Jubes also says "We've got nothing to suggest Paul's involvement with William, but he could be our best eyewitness, I think."
bbm
If PS waited for his adored one all mornings, then it would make sense, that no arranged abduction could have taken place so easily at the roadside in front of FGM's property. This neighbourly spy would have had his eyes everywhere. FFC driving to a meeting point with little W and giving him to someone waiting in a car sounds plausible. IMO
Originally I rather thought of a maybe innocent FFC, only FGM fully involved (to "help" her daughter in a sophisticated, albeit illegal way). The thought of innocence is long gone now.

bbm
If PS waited for his adored one all mornings, then it would make sense, that no arranged abduction could have taken place so easily at the roadside in front of FGM's property. This neighbourly spy would have had his eyes everywhere. FFC driving to a meeting point with little W and giving him to someone waiting in a car sounds plausible. IMO
Originally I rather thought of a maybe innocent FFC, only FGM fully involved (to "help" her daughter in a sophisticated, albeit illegal way). The thought of innocence is long gone now.
BBM - Unless he is the one IMO

I hadn't read about the commenting on similarities between the two men .... would you be able to provide some of what has been quoted please Detective Willy?

JMO - Some of my observations about MFC's performance in his walkthrough include:-
. He takes the opportunity to 'promote' his 'credibility' ....e.g. Scouts, etc;
. His sneezing apology;
. How weak he appeared during his sneeze .. that it caused him to almost fall over;
. His 'double talk' .... repeating for effect.
In my opinion, there’s at least one commonality, and that’s the Scouts !

It says:

"We bring the postwoman in for an interview in April 2017.
She tells us her mail run to the street that day was unusually early, at around 8:45am, so she would have been long gone before William disappeared."

"Although there's no CCTV on Benaroon Drive, we can follow her movements around Kendall on different cameras and see nothing to contradict her version of events."

(ref: I Catch Killers, Kindle Book, chapter White Spider)
April 2017 is a pretty long time between event and interview

April 2017 is a pretty long time between event and interview

I didn't elaborate before ... but the part I transcribed was looking into postie in detail, because Lambert wanted a full scale investigation of her. Lambert wanted her travel itinerary, where she was staying, etc - she had delivered early on the day that William disappeared because she was going on holiday.

They seemed to know her movements already, presumably from a statement she had given earlier.

imo

I feel with the FFC that this new allegations may reveal that she has slip ups under certain conditions. I am not excusing her or defending her.

I think it could point to her maybe being slack in monitoring William when he last jumped off the back patio and raced down the side of the property.

I am leaning to this being very close to 9.40 after the photo of him roaring and him being in full "tiger" mode.

I wonder if both the Foster GM and FFC just chose to let him let off steam unsupervised. Then when the FFC realised it was quite a while since they last checked on him she didn't want to own up to this lapse in judgement and stuck with it's only been a few minutes/5 minutes.

I wonder if the MFC text to her about his imminent return was the catalyst for her to check on William and then she even decided to say - "oh I thought he might have been with you" and that's where one of the " only 5 minutes ago" lines came into the story at the beginning when the MFC did his walk through.

Unfortunately it was more like 40-45 minutes. MOO
This sounds plausible but what do you think happened to William? Part of me thinks there was an accident and both foster carers covered it up.Another part of me thinks she caused the accident. And it was only her that covered it up by putting William somewhere to be moved later. Imo moo

I haven't seen anything to indicate that may be what the police are doing. <modsnip>

Granted, we don't know the exact sighting times by the various individuals.
Although the couple who saw the white ute hit the road sign gave an approximate sighting time.
And the person watching the police was noticed while police were inspecting the blood find, so the police would know approximately when that was, too.
Have le confirmed whether the blood they found is human or animal?

Random question, I wonder if the foster grandma ever felt she'd misplaced her driving gloves or gardening gloves. Missing but never connected.

If the female caregiver availed herself of her mother's car (at a time no one seemed to know she'd even left the vicinity), maybe she'd helped herself to some of her mother's gear as well. Hat, coat, gloves.

The side of the road where she says she was leaning out the window to call for Wm, was she positioned away from or toward the foster grandma's home? Perhaps that was the first suitable quiet place to pull over? Maybe she didn't drive beyond that point but spent LONGER there than anyone would eventually imagine. Walked Wm WAY into the brush. Returning to the car almost simultaneously with the truck driver's passage, her only remaining task -- to toss the gloves from in the car into the brush.

Moreover.... I should think, with her father recently buried in that town, and the planned visit with artwork to his grave being interrupted, she easily could claim a need to return, solo no less, under the auspices of grief, but for less noble purposes.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members