Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I read that:

William Tyrrell's foster parents are charged with property fraud over alleged 'dummy bids' on a Sydney auction

• William Tyrrell's foster parents have been charged with property fraud
  • It's alleged the couple got someone to make dummy bids at a Sydney auction
  • The charge is not related to the disappearance of William Tyrrell in 2014
  • Couple recently faced allegations of assaulting a girl & giving false information
article it said - its not in relation to William Tyrrells disappearance.

#Third line - The Charge is not related to the disappearance of William Tyrrell in 2014

MOO
The last line of the same article …. Refers to the NSWCC Charges … which were being referred to in the thread…. not the new charges … a little confusion caused by both lots of charges being referred to in the same article …

In April, the couple were charged for knowingly giving false or misleading information to a NSW Crime Commission hearing about William Tyrrell's disappearance.

And from The Telegraph article:

In June, a court heard the foster mum will also fight a charge knowingly giving false or misleading evidence during a hearing about the boy’s disappearance.

Thanks "SLouth" for sorting that out - I was a bit confused. Got it now.

The last line of the same article …. Refers to the NSWCC Charges … which were being referred to in the thread…. not the new charges … a little confusion caused by both lots of charges being referred to in the same article …

It seems they are running everything through a fine sieve and finding some - what I call - anomalies. MOO

I agree, it's a very common practice, I doubt much will come of it, every real estate agent will be shaking in their boots, I don't think so.
It's a pity imo, the team resorted to this, but what's done is done.

sorry PrimeSuspect - I’m not understand what you feel is a pity.

IMO, if these dodgy dealings are ‘common practice’ its much more than a ‘pity’ that all these perpetrators are being allowed to continue their activities. Maybe the tide is about to turn ? Perhaps they should be shaking in their boots..

The latest charges for fraud are not in relation to Ws disappearance but the April charges or knowingly give false and misleading information are in relation to W. Mfc court dates for the April charges October 11th or 12th I think from memory

absolutely, these charges are for their fraudulent activity in relation to fake bids at the Auction. . complete dishonesty imo.

however, I’m not about to rule out that this information may‘ve be come apparent through the course of William’s investigation.

alternatively, the ‘lying’ charges in relation to William’s investigation could’ve come to light through the course of the investigation into the dodgy auction tactics.

Tell one lie, and all your truths become questionable.

and now iMO, it’s all starting to get a bit ’chicken or the egg’.

It allegedly occurred mid December 2020, so why has it taken some 18 months for charges to be laid? I wonder if police have been investigating the person alleged to have been the dummy bidder and this matter arose out of that?
That's kind of upsetting to me. A year and a half with information, and it feels like this charge is clutching at straws.

Unless charging them opens up over avenues. Or maybe the police are just looking to tying them down.

Either way, after the BS fiasco, which I never quite believed beyond the initial over-confident media blitz, I really hope they are spending their time in the right place.

IMO Police may have a strong suspicion of what happened to William and are trying to put together a strong enough case that can be proven in a court of law.

This may take years more or may never be strong enough to prove in court because of the botched beginning to this investigation.

Police may also want to charge the FP's with things that they know they can prove whilst they keep working on things they cant yet prove.

Last November Police said they would leave no stone unturned and they are backing this statement up with their actions.

NSW Police Deputy Commissioner Malcolm Lanyon on Wednesday vowed to “leave no stone unturned” and praised investigators’ “dogged determination” .

The fraud charge might bring to light, why the FPs at all sold their theatrically described "forever home", which had no room for little W at first (because "the psychologist recommended it") and later on suddenly did have a room for little W. The FPs are offering ramblings since 2014. Maybe, we're gradually getting closer to the whole thing. Hopefully after so many years!

That's kind of upsetting to me. A year and a half with information, and it feels like this charge is clutching at straws.

Unless charging them opens up over avenues. Or maybe the police are just looking to tying them down.

Either way, after the BS fiasco, which I never quite believed beyond the initial over-confident media blitz, I really hope they are spending their time in the right place.
The auction took place around mid-December 2021 but I don’t know when Police were made aware of the ‘goings on’ at that auction.
Allowing then for the ensuing investigation, checks & cross checks - I’m not troubled by the timeline.

The auction took place around mid-December 2021 but I don’t know when Police were made aware of the ‘goings on’ at that auction.
Allowing then for the ensuing investigation, checks & cross checks - I’m not troubled by the timeline.

Between 10th and 12th December 2020 (not 2021). Over 20 months ago ... approaching two years.

Last edited:
So It was never discussed who this "elderly couple" that drove by the FGM said she stopped to ask "if they had seen William". Does this mean a couple that she doesn't know who where randomly driving by just after they had called the police? So about 11.17am?

The whole thing just brings more questions? Like when did they have the "cuppa tea" when was the bike riding?

She says they were out on the back patio for an hour after she had finished washing up the breakfast dishes.

So 9:00 to 10.00 - so he goes around the corner and the FFC realises after about 5 mins he is gone and she goes looking for him. Then FFGM says she goes looking for her daughter goes down to the end of her block and meets up with neighbour AS and then her daughter comes back saying she needs to call police.

Seems like they are interested in phone calls to the house that the FFGM can't recall. It just looks like chinese whispers gone wrong - where the original story just deteriorates. So many questions. MOO

I wonder why they cut out the pieces they did - when they released that FFGM walkthrough to the papers. MOO

I know things went all akimbo but am I correct that the foster grandma was recovering from a flu, four people descended upon her home before she was prepared for that, with the promise not to worry (because the foster mother was "going to take care of everything"), yet she was left with all the dishes, all the clean up, and all the unmade beds?

Those housekeeping tasks all occurred before Wm went missing.

Inconsiderate?

JMO

Yeah "Megnut" It sounded like FFGM said she had breakfast with the kids only - weird and didn't participate in any of the activities out the front of the house - because - washing up.(Because - "Don't worry - we will take care of everything" - wow not)

Yeah I noticed she had a cold and I thought she also may have had a recent surgery?

It really would be not good or convenient to not tell her you were coming early - which really meant late for her (sick person) - 9.00 o'clock at night - but for her would probably be quite draining considering if she was not super healthy. Seems all a bit inconsiderate. MOO

It also appeared like once the part of the story she was confident in was finished the rest of it she didn't know how to improvise or give a answer to?

Like where was LT - umm not sure?
Where was MFC car - umm not sure?
Where was WT before breakfast - don't know?
was there any phone calls - umm no?

Seems like she was given a part in a play and she only knew her lines but nothing about the before or after. So weird. MOO

( Published: 10:50 AEST, 24 March 2019 | Updated: 10:50 AEST, 24 March 2019 )

Quoted in this article, is a video of William riding his bike (video cannot be played from the link).
JMO - it would be interesting to know where the bike-riding was taking place, and the date of that videoing?

Yeah "Megnut" It sounded like FFGM said she had breakfast with the kids only - weird and didn't participate in any of the activities out the front of the house - because - washing up.(Because - "Don't worry - we will take care of everything" - wow not)

Yeah I noticed she had a cold and I thought she also may have had a recent surgery?

It really would be not good or convenient to not tell her you were coming early - which really meant late for her (sick person) - 9.00 o'clock at night - but for her would probably be quite draining considering if she was not super healthy. Seems all a bit inconsiderate. MOO

It also appeared like once the part of the story she was confident in was finished the rest of it she didn't know how to improvise or give a answer to?

Like where was LT - umm not sure?
Where was MFC car - umm not sure?
Where was WT before breakfast - don't know?
was there any phone calls - umm no?

Seems like she was given a part in a play and she only knew her lines but nothing about the before or after. So weird. MOO

I have a good friend who is 73 years old (not 80, as FGM was at the time).

His short term memory is pretty shot. He remembers bits and puts them together with an outcome that often makes me think "well, that is not what happened". He is not diagnosed with dementia - just slipping into old age.

But he remembers things that happened 20, 30, 40 years ago very well.

imo

So It was never discussed who this "elderly couple" that drove by the FGM said she stopped to ask "if they had seen William". Does this mean a couple that she doesn't know who where randomly driving by just after they had called the police? So about 11.17am?

The whole thing just brings more questions? Like when did they have the "cuppa tea" when was the bike riding?

She says they were out on the back patio for an hour after she had finished washing up the breakfast dishes.

So 9:00 to 10.00 - so he goes around the corner and the FFC realises after about 5 mins he is gone and she goes looking for him. Then FFGM says she goes looking for her daughter goes down to the end of her block and meets up with neighbour AS and then her daughter comes back saying she needs to call police.

Seems like they are interested in phone calls to the house that the FFGM can't recall. It just looks like chinese whispers gone wrong - where the original story just deteriorates. So many questions. MOO

I wonder why they cut out the pieces they did - when they released that FFGM walkthrough to the papers. MOO
Are you talking about FGM's walkthrough? Or where was this "elderly couple" mentioned?

BBM: So I am assuming that the full video of FGM's walkthru was posted here??

I hope that this video which is being spread over the internet , doesn't have any legal ramifications on any future charges or hinder the current police investigation.

I sure no body would want that ..........IMO

BBM: So I am assuming that the full video of FGM's walkthru was posted here??

I hope that this video which is being spread over the internet , doesn't have any legal ramifications on any future charges or hinder the current police investigation.

I sure no body would want that ..........IMO
It's visually obvious from the shortened versions, of which several have appeared in MSM, that pieces have been snipped out. I hope the rumour that a full version is circulating doesn't have any legal ramifications etc.

JMO - In reference to the photos: Never before seen final photos of William Tyrrell released

.....FFGM can be seen sitting there reading her newspaper; considering that this was stated as being the first visit by the Fosters since FFC's Father's funeral approx 8 months before, and also considering the MFC hadn't at that time, returned with her fresh newspaper, I wonder why she would at that time, have wanted to read a previously held paper...instead of just enjoying the activities on the deck with the FFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000